The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Have you seen him play? How can you comment?

I can't. But predicting he'll be 10x better than probably the brightest English youngster about at the moment seems a little ambitious.

it's only tongue in cheek mate, i'm just saying you do seem to overrate players just a tad (see the previously mentioned Delfouneso Drogba comparison)

It is impossible to talk about any player at the age of 14 to be a professional unless they are special, ala Messi, Ronaldo (brazil)...

The guy is 14 for Christ Sake and by the looks of it, hasn't exactly reached full well adultness, who knows what can happen to his body through normal human changes. Who knows mentally how he will cope, if he works hard enough or if he even has the ability.

Mate I've seen players aged 15 play for England schoolboys, under 18's....even pushing a reserve place and yet 3 years later they are not closer to the first team than they were when they were 15. He might seem to have talent but having talent at 14 and being able to turn into a professional and become a better 10x player that a future (in about 3/4 months) international is....your claim is simply ridiculous at this age.

Where have you watched him play by the way? do you watch the Villa under 16 games?

I can't. But predicting he'll be 10x better than probably the brightest English youngster about at the moment seems a little ambitious.

it's only tongue in cheek mate, i'm just saying you do seem to overrate players just a tad (see the previously mentioned Delfouneso Drogba comparison)

fair enough, personally I rate Delfouneso, Delph, Rodwell and Wilshere far higher than Johnson, I was just giving my opinion, I don't rate Johnson that highly

It is impossible to talk about any player at the age of 14 to be a professional unless they are special, ala Messi, Ronaldo (brazil)...

The guy is 14 for Christ Sake and by the looks of it, hasn't exactly reached full well adultness, who knows what can happen to his body through normal human changes. Who knows mentally how he will cope, if he works hard enough or if he even has the ability.

Mate I've seen players aged 15 play for England schoolboys, under 18's....even pushing a reserve place and yet 3 years later they are not closer to the first team than they were when they were 15. He might seem to have talent but having talent at 14 and being able to turn into a professional and become a better 10x player that a future (in about 3/4 months) international is....your claim is simply ridiculous at this age.

Where have you watched him play by the way? do you watch the Villa under 16 games?

He is special, you can tell after 5 minutes of watching him, his touch and technique is on another level compared to other players of his age, he has the ability no doubt about that and he seems to have the right mentality.

I've seen him a couple of times for u16s yes, he's the best I've seen in the academy without question, I'm more excited about Grealish than I was about Delfouneso when I first saw him. If he doesn't make it, we might as well close the academy down because no-one will.

• Like 1

why does everything on VT have to become some great philosophical debate!?!

We have a promising youngster, all that was required was to reply as such.

To criticise the club for not procuding a Wayne Rooney is farcical.

No one criticised the club. Just saying a Wayne rooney type player is what I get excited about.

The amount of young players weve wasted our time getting excited about. I mean what the feck happened to harry Forrester??

He is special, you can tell after 5 minutes of watching him, his touch and technique is on another level compared to other players of his age, he has the ability no doubt about that and he seems to have the right mentality.

I've seen him a couple of times for u16s yes, he's the best I've seen in the academy without question, I'm more excited about Grealish than I was about Delfouneso when I first saw him. If he doesn't make it, we might as well close the academy down because no-one will.

If you think that. Okay but I've seen a few exceptional players or so we thought, fall. Nothing is ever certain at that age and you should be a little more careful with your claims. Some 14 yr old kid 10x better than Johnson and Delfouneso better than Drogba in the next 18 months....I mean come on....

If Jack reads these posts he may decide working at Aldi could be the way to go.

And if he does then he will never make it as a footballer anyway. No ones saying anything bad. Just dont know who the kid is, and probably wont for a few years.

No one criticised the club. Just saying a Wayne rooney type player is what I get excited about.

The amount of young players weve wasted our time getting excited about. I mean what the feck happened to harry Forrester??

:D how many players have come through at the 16 since then? not many at all at any club.

Players develop at different rates, Forrester looked quality a couple of seasons ago but has stagnated for whatever reason, I know he's had a few injuries but I think he might come through this season, the coaches were very impressed with him at the end of last season.

If you think that. Okay but I've seen a few exceptional players or so we thought, fall. Nothing is ever certain at that age and you should be a little more careful with your claims. Some 14 yr old kid 10x better than Johnson and Delfouneso better than Drogba in the next 18 months....I mean come on....

we'll see and I said 3-4 years not 18 months

:D how many players have come through at the 16 since then? not many at all at any club.

Players develop at different rates, Forrester looked quality a couple of seasons ago but has stagnated for whatever reason, I know he's had a few injuries but I think he might come through this season, the coaches were very impressed with him at the end of last season.

Im not saying its not rare. Just saying thats what would get me excited. some kid playing in the under 16s doesnt im afraid

Im not saying its not rare. Just saying thats what would get me excited. some kid playing in the under 16s doesnt im afraid

:? Rooney played in Everton's u16s once you know

:? Rooney played in Everton's u16s once you know

Im not sure what your point is

No. You said 2 years. Around 6 months ago.

I am 100000% sure you said "2 years". I'd put my VT account on it (which means alot) :)

My point is that they have to start somewhere and then progress from there, it definitely won't be long until he's in the u18s

Well obviously, but I dont think we need to be raving about him yet is all im saying.

No. You said 2 years. Around 6 months ago.

I am 100000% sure you said "2 years". I'd put my VT account on it (which means alot) :)

I can't find the post but I guarantee I said 3-4 years

Â