The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So, if there's a scenario where Man City have bid, and Man City have put a deadline on it, and Villa are yet to respond to the bid (this is essentially what the media are telling us).... maybe we're just not going to respond until the deadline has passed as a **** you. :trollface:

Funnily enough, I read what is the most believable scenario on Birmingham Live. Basically the club is holding out on responding to the bid until they have a sit down with Jack and see if he wants to go. If that's the case I guess it means the offer is sufficient to land Jack if he does want to go, otherwise they would have rejected it already.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So, if there's a scenario where Man City have bid, and Man City have put a deadline on it, and Villa are yet to respond to the bid (this is essentially what the media are telling us).... maybe we're just not going to respond until the deadline has passed as a **** you. :trollface:

I'm sure Villa have better things to do than to respond to bid that cannot be taken seriously. If the bid as reported on £90 mill for Jack, it should be thrown in the bin without any answer.

Well, Jack needs to ask himself if he'd rather be a Alan Shearer/Steven Gerrard (I know, I know, I don't like him either but you get the idea) or a James Milner/Gareth Barry. 

1 minute ago, viivvaa66 said:

I'm sure Villa have better things to do than to respond to bid that cannot be taken seriously. If the bid as reported on £90 mill for Jack, it should be thrown in the bin without any answer.

I actually think that would be a brilliant response. We're so insulted, we're not going to reply.

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well, Jack needs to ask himself if he'd rather be a Alan Shearer/Steven Gerrard (I know, I know, I don't like him either but you get the idea) or a James Milner/Gareth Barry. 

Bad comparison as Alan Shearer won the title before joining newcastle and Gerrard won numerous domestic and european medals. Milner and Barry turned out to be justified in leaving because they both won many things after leaving us and we won nothing.

A better comparison would be Le Tissier.

Jack needs to ask himself if he believe the Villa owners have the ambition and the means to get to where he (and all of us) want to be in a reasonable amount of time. Footballers careers are short. It's a massive gamble (edit- and a massive show of faith) for him to commit to another 5 years with us.

Edited by desensitized43

Just dismissed Jack training with Villa on Talkshite, comment was 'things can change quite quickly' then onto him being rotated by 

Pep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just now, desensitized43 said:

Bad comparison as Alan Shearer won the title before joining newcastle and Gerrard won numerous domestic and european medals. Milner and Barry turned out to be justified in leaving because they both won many things after leaving us and we won nothing.

A better comparison would be Le Tissier.

Jack needs to ask himself if he believe the Villa owners have the ambition and the means to get to where he (and all of us) want to be in a reasonable amount of time. Footballers careers are short. It's a massive gamble for him to commit to another 5 years with us.

That's not really the point - it's about how he wants his legacy to go down and how he'll be perceived after all is said and done. 

If he goes, he'll be just another useful player for a few years at Citeh before they bin him off for someone new - he's not going to be regarded in the same way as Foden, nor is he going to be a KDB/Toure/Aguero legend for them. It's all business and no sentimentality. 

Stay, and he's a legend for life. It's only a gamble if he truly places winning trophies ahead of the club and its future - and if he does, he can do one if he ever claims to be a Villa fan again. 

There's definitely a split between people who see it from the selfish perspective and those who put the club first. 

• Like 1

Â