The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Quick question, have the press ever stated that they expect a club to accept an offer before, rather than waiting for an official response? I don't remember ever hearing them say that before and it seems so disrespectful to the club (no surprise there).

Basically yes! The attitude of the press and particularly Sky think the “big 6” have a divine right to all the best players. 

They will always try and paint a picture that any “big 6” making a big bid to a smaller would inevitably be accepted because they believe the smaller club needs the money. Because in most cases it’s true. Even with current Villa, it’s somewhat true. Our owners are rich, but the club isn’t. FFP keeps that in check. FFP keeps football in perpetual state of sameness. Big clubs staying big and smaller clubs staying small. The press will carrying on using this problem to their advantage, rather than actually calling it out and demanding change to FFP rules 

I reckon there was a release clause in Jack's last contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he sat there and told them that he loves Villa and wants to stay here forever but also wants to win something before he finishes playing so wants to always have that clause in case Villa's ambitions don't match his. 

He was sold the plan last year and we've shown on the pitch that we've improved. It'll all be about the signings this year and whether Jack thinks they add enough quality to the team to take us top 6. We're probably a solid back-up striker, back-up centre back and, a starting defensive midfielder short of becoming that team, for me. But, is it enough for Jack? 

Ashley Young's return might be the swinger. He's come back to welcoming arms at the age of 35. He left and won trophies then returned to a club he loved playing for. Jack may be thinking he can leave for 4 years then come back before he's 30 and still have a final 5 years playing for the club he loves with trophies in the bag. He knows we'd welcome him back if we can do it for Young. 

I think that Man City knew about the  release clause and it got met, which gets them to put an offer to Jack. I think Jack will probably now be hoping that when he sits down with Smith, Edens and Lange, they can give him enough confidence to stay by telling him who they're looking to bring in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Just spotted that. Wonder what that means?

I think it means too much being bet on it so they’ve had to suspend it.  Either that or some news incoming?

The amount you can bet on these markets are too small.  I think it would normally be promising but It could also just be loads of villa fans lumping on as adamant he staying. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I don’t think the club would parade him around in villa clobber, in what was clearly a public venue, if he was about to sign for another club. 

I thought that but on the other hand,  what was he going to wear? 

(One of those floppy head dinosaur things would be good)

Just arrived for work for my shift @Camden Town, London.

So far I can only report I've seen a puddle of vomit outside of a smelly pub and there is a small group of crackheads outside McDonald's looking somewhat shifty.

Just another normal day so far.....

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I thought that but on the other hand,  what was he going to wear? 

(One of those floppy head dinosaur things would be good)

If he was keen to on the move he could be training alone but chose to train with the lads be photographed and filmed. 

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Joking apart, I actually thought that as well lol. 

Sorry to disapoint I'm not.I know my grammar is poor but when those tweets are unreadable from that account.

Also just finished a 12hour shift so my spelling is worse than normal.

UTV

• Like 1

Just now, dounavilla said:

Just arrived for work for my shift @Camden Town, London.

So far I can only report I've seen a puddle of vomit outside of a smelly pub and there is a small group of crackheads outside McDonald's looking somewhat shifty.

Just another normal day so far.....

Did them crackheads have all the E's?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm in Cyprus, attending my brother in laws wedding today. 

I'm going to be looked down upon when I'm on my phone every 5 minutes. 

Give us your mobile number and whenever there is a small change in direction,  one of us will call you with the news 🙂.

Take a charger.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Announce "Delighted to Confirm"!

What we don't effing want is a cryptic ⭐📝⌛where everyone gets excited it is Jack only for it to be Leon Bailey and then Jack leaves later today. 

I'd actually feel sorry for Bailey if they did that as it would so undermine his arrival. 

• Haha 1

Â