The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'll be contributing to covering his wage bump by getting every shirt this season with his name on the back.

I'm 36 years old which basically makes them unwearable in public. **** you Jack.

I turn 40 next month, my mum was going to get me the pro shirt with my name and number 40 on it bless her. Luckily my wife stepped in to advise her that I’d never EVER wear it if it had that on it! 😂

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

I stated earlier that I teach in NZ and I’ve got loads of kids who have supported Villa just because of Grealish and the Euros.. he’s become a national sensation.. not sure what that translates to in pound value but it’d be a PR nightmare to lose him now 

Well, if you charge each child $20 dollars to watch a 10 minute Grealish highlights clip, it will soon add up by the end of a 6 hour school day. 

2 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

Under MoN we finished 6th, 3 years in a row, whilst simultaneously paying the 6th highest wages in the league.  If we’re looking up the table we have to pick up the salaries of the players that will get us there.

Better players = higher wages = higher league position. 

Who knew?! 

Notifications on for the official site today, hopefully get a “morning Villans” not “we regret to inform”.

Only way this drags out is him wanting to go but Citeh refusing to meet our valuation (which increases by £10M every time the figure is reached - forever).

Not that I should be telling anyone what to think or how to feel, but I do think with all the rumours yesterday and seeing Jack in the training gear, there's a lot of false hope doing the rounds right now and people are totally not prepared for him to leave. If he decides to, which I really hope he doesn't.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Purely devil’s advocate here but it’s interesting no one here is really talking about the pure financials of it. From a purely financial perspective, is there any scenario where rejecting £100m for an asset and then paying that asset £200k p/w makes any sense? Even qualifying for the CL or whatever doesn’t really cover that does it? And we then consider how unlikely it is we will even qualify for the CL. 

I think we are possibly ignoring the fact that £100m is a truly insane amount of money and the wages Grealish is no doubt demanding will be insane. 

Yeah definitely thought about it. On top of that I think the way Jack plays it’s only a matter of time before he picks up a serious injury with all the fouls he receives. 

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not that I should be telling anyone what to think or how to feel, but I do think with all the rumours yesterday and seeing Jack in the training gear, there's a lot of false hope doing the rounds right now and people are totally not prepared for him to leave. If he decides to, which I really hope he doesn't.

Exactly, I feel like we’d all come to terms with it on Saturday to a degree. Rallied by the news of Bailey, then suddenly rumours start circulating, he appears at training and everyone is back to square one. The training session might have been a big mistake if he is going. 

I’m a sensible person, my head knows he’s going but even I got sucked into the irrational optimism based on absolutely nothing of any credence. 

To be honest, the training session was the most concrete "indication" of anything really. It's the first time we've seen something happen on the Villa side. Before that it was City putting a bid, and then wild speculation about Jack's intentions.

Â