The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

36 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

No description available.

It's a day ago so hopefully bullshit?

Optus wouldn’t know anyway just following the sheep media, Schwartzer tipped Villa to be relegated last season that’s how much faith I place in their news. If it isn’t in the top 6 they don’t pay any attention to what else in going on in the league. I’d love to get a job where you can be 66 % ignorant.

• Like 1

I've taken some hope from the training photos, I just don't think they would have bothered if it was a done deal. Especially if he was going to have his medical today as reported, just doesn't add up. 

I'm still resigned to him leaving, but maybe not as certain as I was at the weekend. It seems there's still some twists and turns to this saga

Purely devil’s advocate here but it’s interesting no one here is really talking about the pure financials of it. From a purely financial perspective, is there any scenario where rejecting £100m for an asset and then paying that asset £200k p/w makes any sense? Even qualifying for the CL or whatever doesn’t really cover that does it? And we then consider how unlikely it is we will even qualify for the CL. 

I think we are possibly ignoring the fact that £100m is a truly insane amount of money and the wages Grealish is no doubt demanding will be insane. 

Just now, Spoony said:

Purely devil’s advocate here but it’s interesting no one here is really talking about the pure financials of it. From a purely financial perspective, is there any scenario where rejecting £100m for an asset and then paying that asset £200k p/w makes any sense? Even qualifying for the CL or whatever doesn’t really cover that does it? And we then consider how unlikely it is we will even qualify for the CL. 

I think we are possibly ignoring the fact that £100m is a truly insane amount of money and the wages Grealish is no doubt demanding will be insane. 

You're largely correct, yes.

Image of the club is very important to new sponsors and a side with Jack Grealish is much more appealing to everyone.

The hope, I suppose, is the team upstairs who negotiated monstrous deals for Chelsea and Man Utd can really pull something special off next summer. Hope they've been chatting to Wes' rich mates.

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Seen a few comments regarding the financial side as a counter to this point with talk of the amount of merchandise and sponsorship revenue we would likely miss out on by letting him go.

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Do you think we are just playing out a little PR dance where the decision is already made that he’s off but the club are going to make it clear to the fans that they didn’t just wave him off out the door for the money and he made the choice? 

Last night, I got carried away with seeing the excitement on Twitter he might be staying (with nobody actually saying why) but in the cold light of the morning, I just can’t see it. 

$100m + $10.4m wages p.a. is a shit ton of moolah though innit.

I think the correct commercial decision is to take the cash, I don't know the quantum of jack's merch/sponsorship value though...

Edited by Rossco76

8 minutes ago, Rossco76 said:

$100m + $10.4m wages p.a. is a shit ton of moolah though innit.

I think the correct commercial decision is to take the cash, I don't know the quantum of jack's merch/sponsorship value though...

His wages are probably covered by the difference in prize money frim league placing without him. I'm sure the sponsorships and general accelerated growth of the club with him will take a big chunk of the £100m too 

If he signs a bumper contract it’s going to make other top players pay attention and consider Villa an option as it will become well known we can compete with the big clubs in the wages department. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

His wages are probably covered by the difference in prize money frim league placing without him. I'm sure the sponsorships and general accelerated growth of the club with him will take a big chunk of the £100m too 

I stated earlier that I teach in NZ and I’ve got loads of kids who have supported Villa just because of Grealish and the Euros.. he’s become a national sensation.. not sure what that translates to in pound value but it’d be a PR nightmare to lose him now 

31 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Under MoN we finished 6th, 3 years in a row, whilst simultaneously paying the 6th highest wages in the league.  If we’re looking up the table we have to pick up the salaries of the players that will get us there.

2 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

Under MoN we finished 6th, 3 years in a row, whilst simultaneously paying the 6th highest wages in the league.  If we’re looking up the table we have to pick up the salaries of the players that will get us there.

It’s a pity that we don’t have someone at the club who know their way around FFP

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Yeah, I was about to edit my post and say it seems he's not reliable but there's enough stuff going round now to suggest it's not as clear cut as it once was. 

It’s Chinese whispers and it has the fan base on strings. I hope this gets sorted today.

Â