The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Grealish stays I’d imagine Man City will pay whatever it takes to get Kane.

Which they should have done anyway. They're daft going after Jack as primary target with only 1 decent striker on their books and a wealth of attacking midfielders. Pep is a weirdo though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

It is going to be very interesting to see how this unfolds over the next couple of days. I'd like to see a big rally outside Villa Park with people gathering to show our love to Jack and what he will be missing!

I thought he was off last summer, given the reasoning then I dont really see how the situation has changed for him to leave now. He was then not in the England squad, but decided to stay, managed to in to the England squad, be selected for the Euros and played in the Euro final. We have progressed as expected or even better, we are showing huge ambition this summer and can realistically compete for a place in Europe, albeit not the Champions League. I would have thought that given this he would give us one more season and then see how close to a Champions League place we are nest summer.

I guess the taste of glory at the Euros and the possibility to become the most expensive English footballer (until Abu Dhabi FC buy Kane) have turned his head a bit. But still, the circumstances haven't changed compared to last summer. So stay to your word and stay another season Jack! 

God no, if ever was a Liverpool idea

rafa-benitez-pa_1356726c.jpg

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

£3m and Keinan Davis 

We should buy Onomah from Fulham, just so we can offer him as part of a Kane bid :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Plot twist:

Grealish signs a new contract and Aston Villa signs De Bruyne 

To be honest, watching him at the euros, at his age, I was wondering if his flame was diminishing slowly. I think his fitness isn't what it was and I don't alot of sell on for him, as much f an incredible player he is

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Means he isn't in dispute with AVFC. 

"Train as normal Jack - if city make an acceptable offer we won't block the move" 

.....that sort of thing ????

I think this is how it has been all along. 

However, and 'acceptable' offer will be obscene amounts that City won't reach.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

it means as someone posted above he's not thrown a tantrum and refused to return to training to push the move through

therefore it means that he's not 100% on moving to city

which means theres SOME chance that edens, smith, purslow etc could convince him to stay

He's not going to shit his fitness up. Players train with teams all the time before moving.

That's not to say he may not stay either..

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

How am I meant to concentrate on anything else in life!?

I've already had to decline a few work meetings tomorrow.

• Haha 1

Just now, stewiek2 said:

To be honest, watching him at the euros, at his age, I was wondering if his flame was diminishing slowly. I think his fitness isn't what it was and I don't alot of sell on for him, as much f an incredible player he is

Covid football is going to shorten his career. Such a shame.

Just now, Pissflaps said:

He's not going to shit his fitness up. Players train with teams all the time before moving.

That's not to say he may not stay either..

they do...but not when it's right on the eve of the move, as per some reports. all i'm saying is that the deal is not as advanced as has been reported

the s*n even said he wouldn't report back at all for pre-season with us

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Never underestimate the influence of Ashley Young in getting Jack to stay 😉💜💙

Ah, okay, yes. Now I'm fully on board with this signing... But then again, didn't Ashley Young move on as a soon as he could to the glittering lights of Manchester? No, sorry, back to loathing this re-signing.

Â