The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

If they were on the verge of accepting the fee, they’d be telling him to stay the **** home. Lay in bed, wrap yourself in bubblewrap, lock the door. The last thing they would want is their prized asset getting injured right before things were completed.

Would it be the last thing we would want though?

We're desperate not to lose him and are more than aware he's likely to miss 2-3 months atleast every other season. Get it out of the way early doors

3 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

Maybe I’m pessimistic but I see this as a bad sign.

Back in non-contact training so no risk of injury. No official images posted from it when if he was staying the social Media team would be all over it. He looks like he’s on his own.

They are generally on their own when the come back for all players so the trainers can see where each player is at fitness wise. Plus a lot of the players are a couple of weeks into preseason whereas Jack and Mings are 5 minutes into it.

Edited by nick76

Back in non-contact training so no risk of injury. No official images posted from it when if he was staying the social Media team would be all over it. He looks like he’s on his own.

Apart from Mings and the other people with him at various points, you're right.

• Haha 1

So they’re in a training camp in London.  A VT’er earlier said they’d been informed of a meeting with Smith and Grealish down there.

Could they have agreed the contract and now he’s reported to training?  Could they!?

• Like 2

you know what this training stuff is... Get jack and Ty back together, encourage Ty to tell his Priti Patel story, Ty gets carried away and shows jack a physical representation.
something like this....

217072607_10159786714848103_396148703156

Jack gets injured, Villa texts Man City "Ohhh no Jack is injured, we best keep him. ta ra duck." 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

If the club were willing to deal at 100m and Jack's agent had arranged negotiations or indeed a medical with City for tomorrow, why on earth would he bother returning to Villa training today?

It doesn't mean he's not leaving us, but it does mean the rumours about an imminent medical and offers being accepted (or triggering any non-existent clauses) are definitely bullshit.

Also, if he's back in a Villa context, he's more likely to be convinced to stay. Easy when a player is away with his mates from other clubs or his model girlfriend to have his head turned or be drawn into agent ploys etc.

• Like 1

I’m the most pessimistic person in relation to this transfer. I’m convinced he’s going. However, he’s clearly not training on his own, he’s with Mings who is also first day back today. 
It really doesn’t mean anything but it has given me the slightest glimmer of hope. Which I really didn’t want.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

They are generally on their own when the come back for all players so the trainers can see where each player is at fitness wise. Plus a lot of the players are a couple of weeks into preseason whereas Jack and Mings are 5 minutes into it.

It's amazing the conclusions being drawn (not you). Mings and Jack had international duty and time-off, we all know it's going to be an easier training session. By the same logic we are also selling Mings.

• Like 2

Very positive indeed - I imagine he and Ty are just doing some basic cardio and ball work as they’ve just returned from extended leave.

Certainly, if a transfer away was imminent, there’d be no way he’d be training with the team.

🤞🤞🤞 this is a good sign

• Like 1

I'm not reading too much into those training images tbh. It's a a positive sign that he isn't refusing to be part of the squad until things are finalized. It could just be a chance for him to say his goodbyes to squad. Just playing Devil's Advocate of course... I have no idea. But I'm not willing to get my hopes up. 

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

I'm not reading too much into those training images tbh. It's a a positive sign that he isn't refusing to be part of the squad until things are finalized. It could just be a chance for him to say his goodbyes to squad. Just playing Devil's Advocate of course... I have no idea. But I'm not willing to get my hopes up. 

I agree.

Why wouldn't he be training?

We know he's not the sort of clearing in the woods who will down tools and refuse to play even if he really wanted to go.

Another reason we should be rejecting any bid...

• Like 1

Â