The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't think its on the owners tbh. I'm pretty sure there indeed is a release clause in there and there's been some credible sources on that being the case. Why exactly would we want to give him a new contract so soon if the owners are gonna turn down any bids and jack won't down tools like you said? We'd just reject any bids that come our way and that's be that. The new contract makes the most sense if the owners think Jack would be open to leaving and there is nothing they can do about it, hence release clause.

Because 

i - It rewards Jack and puts him on a salary reflecting his importance 

ii - It’s a huge statement to the rest of football that we aren’t dicking about.

iii - Contract length is extended thus protecting our asset further.

Its kind of how football works 

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

I absolutely do not think there is a release clause otherwise we would be hearing how’s it’s been triggered etc. 

I think it’s more a gentleman’s agreement. We don’t have to let him go but we won’t stand in his way if his hearts set on leaving. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I absolutely do not think there is a release clause otherwise we would be hearing how’s it’s been triggered etc. 

Agreed, I think people need to get it out of their heads. Unless something unusual is happening behind the scene it would’ve been reported that way if the clause was triggered.

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

The new contract makes the most sense if the owners think Jack would be open to leaving and there is nothing they can do about it, hence release clause.

You’re not making any sense.

You’re saying that we shouldn’t offer him a new contract if he stays, conversely - if Jack wants to leave and there is nothing we can do to stop it, then we should offer him a contract? 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

You’re not making any sense.

You’re saying that we shouldn’t offer him a new contract if he stays, conversely - if Jack wants to leave and there is nothing we can do to stop it, then we should offer him a contract? 

I wasn't clear with that sentence. Hence, I editted my original post.

What I meant to say was if Jack wants to leave and the owners can't stop him leaving by rejecting any bids, then it would make sense for them to try and tempt him to stay with a new contract.

7 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Maybe, maybe not. I don’t think it matters anymore. It’s 100m I think and he can leave for that, provided he wants to.

Its all on Jack now. Simples. Come on Villa. 

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Is Jack actually in talks with the owners right now or is it all just bollocks? 

That's the $64000 question.

I think anyone who claims to the answer is talking bollox.

Just now, MNVillan said:

Can can someone summarize the renewed optimism for a guy who’s just woken up?

Simple really. He’s not a Man City player yet. 

I think we’ll know either way by Monday at the latest. The longer it drags on, the better. 

1 minute ago, MNVillan said:

Can can someone summarize the renewed optimism for a guy who’s just woken up?

Fabs tweeted mad with seem like  it wasn’t as close we originally thought. Preece thinking he would stay. Then a bunch of random “ITKs” started popping up saying he should be staying including saying things like it’s his agent just stirring up trouble to get Grealish a massive contract. Stuff like that.

32 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Good question.

I would say I haven't shown them a proper level of disrespect, that I have basically kept it from what I believe to comments such as " I believe Jack will turn down City" or " I hope Jack comes on in this week and turn that club down"

I may have said one or twice Shitty but I have not proper thrown anything disgusting out at them thinking back to when all this started with Grealish possibly going to City.

So yeah while I have said a couple of things out of place it's been nothing like what City fans have been saying to our fans, it's been no where near as disrespectful as how they are behaving towards us.

I know still saying Shitty a couple of times is still kind of throwing an insult or two out and still makes me abit naughty myself (I blame AJ for teaching me this word) 🤣. However I do not hate the City fans like they seem to us and seem to enjoy slating every club in ever direction and all because they're signing a player from us or possibly signing our star man they're calling us all sorts. Yes they are visiting here and looking at all these comments and I'm a believer that just because there's a hateful fan base doesn't mean we really have to do it back or take part in it.

I want Jack to say no to joining them and yes it would send a message to City and others that were not a selling our best stars club and to leave alone. It would be nice in the end if they had a taste of what they have been dishing out but I'm not going to abuse them if Jack states he's staying at Villa, heck I don't even intend of slating or abusing Jack like some do if Jack decides to leave.

We can be better than this and move on peacefully if Jack goes or if he doesn't move on for another window till it starts all over again. I just don't think hurling abuse at City fans gets us anywhere apart from a laugh for a while.

Sorry, Dave. I stand by it.

For starters, they are a member of the scum6, and they sit at the very apex of that shit heap, and I say that with all due respect, even though there isn't any. $hitty are anti competition and anti football. I wish they folded yesterday, and footba[l would be better for it.

For balance, I honestly thought the JWP and ESR situations a bit cringey. I didn't have much to say on those threads, unless it was to take the piss. I am really not a fan of tapping up other team's players who are in the same league. Buying Buendia gets a hairline pass from me, as they were willing to sell, and they weren't in the PL just yet. If I had my way, I would make it law that a team cannot approach a player from another team in the same league, unless they were in the final year of their contract. Signing a lad from the Championship or League 1 or 2, that's fine. Doing the scouting leg work in other leagues around the world, fill your boots. Scouting is a club's skill and talent. It is a gamble, because it doesn't always work out, but when it does it's awesome. Compared to just cherry picking established footballers in the same league? There is no skill in that, it is just lazy, and the money disappears in finding the replacement so they can remain competitive.. As for money, buying in a lower or another nation's league, that money is more likely to benefit their club, as well as giving some kid a break in the big league.

As for $hitty, since they fell backwards into blood soaked oil money, their only strategy is to monopolise and destabilise. F*** em.

JWP won’t be until after Grealish, both Stella and Stella leveraging one to do the other. Still certain Jack’s off will travel up to Manchester Monday, has spoke with NSWE via zoom last week and told them he wants to go. Wes isn’t in the UK. You don’t have to believe me but seriously don’t bet your hard earns money on rumours he’s staying, he may well change his mind but I doubt it he’s not behaved in a way that would suggest that for several months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Yep right now.  Toby Carvery in Sutton. Deano has had an extra yorkshire as well. 

Oh great, he's comfort eating, just what we need to read right now 😔

Edited by Wezbid
  • Haha 2

Â