The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

Genuine question Dave, do you think that you have spoken respectfully about Manchester City these last couple of weeks?

Good question.

I would say I haven't shown them a proper level of disrespect, that I have basically kept it from what I believe to comments such as " I believe Jack will turn down City" or " I hope Jack comes on in this week and turn that club down"

I may have said one or twice Shitty but I have not proper thrown anything disgusting out at them thinking back to when all this started with Grealish possibly going to City.

So yeah while I have said a couple of things out of place it's been nothing like what City fans have been saying to our fans, it's been no where near as disrespectful as how they are behaving towards us.

I know still saying Shitty a couple of times is still kind of throwing an insult or two out and still makes me abit naughty myself (I blame AJ for teaching me this word) 🤣. However I do not hate the City fans like they seem to us and seem to enjoy slating every club in ever direction and all because they're signing a player from us or possibly signing our star man they're calling us all sorts. Yes they are visiting here and looking at all these comments and I'm a believer that just because there's a hateful fan base doesn't mean we really have to do it back or take part in it.

I want Jack to say no to joining them and yes it would send a message to City and others that were not a selling our best stars club and to leave alone. It would be nice in the end if they had a taste of what they have been dishing out but I'm not going to abuse them if Jack states he's staying at Villa, heck I don't even intend of slating or abusing Jack like some do if Jack decides to leave.

We can be better than this and move on peacefully if Jack goes or if he doesn't move on for another window till it starts all over again. I just don't think hurling abuse at City fans gets us anywhere apart from a laugh for a while.

• Like 1

Don’t get the plastic fan talk … they were getting full houses in Division One and hardly sell out the Etihad regularly nowadays especially for the champs league … Annoying self entitled mancs who feel they are gods gift to Britain perhaps but not plastic fans like UTD, Arsenal etc  

Anyway I love the way it’s all of a sudden a U- turn if Jack stays … Maybw it’s up to Citeh to convince  him to leave more than us to stay … that doesn’t fit the media’s narrative though does it. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

My perception of football twitter is that it's mostly teenagers with names like x_x_CR7_x_x posting the phrase "cry more" 300 times a day

Is probs 95% bots interacting with each other. Not really what cybernet had in mind. OT: Love ya Jack 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

After the comments from Leon Bailey's father (see his thread) and the conviction of him saying what he said in terms of us challenging for league titles, losing Jack isn't as bad for me anymore. 

If he goes meh. We're still coming for the top.

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Have you visited BlueMoon out of curiosity?

Most our VT fans are not like there's and no I don't think we would ever be that self entitled. You are right in a sense everyclub has its idiots but I counted the decent talkers on one hand on Bluemoon.

While we have spent alot of money on transfers many of our fans don't go off rubbing it in others faces, not like they plan on doing with us the moment they seal the Jack transfer.

Sure we have a rival with Leeds now but that has been a very competitive rival this pasts season. It's not as if we're looking down on other fanbases in every direction, I guess this is what comes with having a team on top for whatever reason that maybe.

Our fans when we get Visiting fans from other clubs we actually have respectful conversation with them, yet if you think your getting that over there, think again.

Nah, I've not visited recently so you might be right. But the impression I get is that a lot of Villa fans would have a fairly superior attitude towards lesser clubs if we were in their position, and the same is true for the fanbase of any club.

But I guess they probably have a bigger group of illiterate glory hunters talking shit than we do, thanks to their recent successes. Still, we'll start attracting them too if we reach the CL!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

good comment.

..and lets face it, Villa are doing to Norwich what City are doing to you.

Difference is Norwich might not have a team after you sign ALL their good players.

I guess its a case of glass houses.....

Villa are doing nothing of the sort.They have signed a very good player who was clearly using Norwich as a stepping stone and may well think the same thing about Villa.

Villa were never a stepping stone for Jack.

Having said there is a football hierarchy and Arab money has put Citeh at the of the football food chain so I can see your point.

8 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

You've been saying that for weeks. Just a gut feeling or you know something?

Absolutely not ITK mate. My reasoning has always been our owners. I genuinely believe they want to get to the top and are savvy enough to know that whilst money can buy the player, it can’t buy the image of what Jack represents to the club. He is the captain and face of the club. 

It’s pretty much been a none stop feel good factor since the owners came in and they won’t want to halt that. 

On top of that, Jack being a Villa fan makes me believe that whilst he may very well be open to a move to City, he won’t throw his toys out the pram should any interest be rebuffed. 

So my logic has been very much - Owners turn down bid  + Jack won’t down tools = big new contract. 

Edited by av1

8 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Nah, I've not visited recently so you might be right. But the impression I get is that a lot of Villa fans would have a fairly superior attitude towards lesser clubs if we were in their position, and the same is true for the fanbase of any club.

But I guess they probably have a bigger group of illiterate glory hunters talking shit than we do, thanks to their recent successes. Still, we'll start attracting them too if we reach the CL!

I don't hate any club, certainly don't look down on them and I don't see a reason to be like that. There are the wind ups and laughs but it should be kept to that at most without the abuse.

I just looked on Bluemoon now and a couple wernt to impressed with one of my posts, I wasn't being disrespectful or hateful it was just telling some truths but they seem to of took it to hearts lol.

They don't like it the moment us Villa fans say he's staying and have some belief in Jack staying, they want us to turn on Jack before he's even left and some have done exactly that over the past few days.

I believe he's going to stay anyway and if it was all real and not media cooked attention seeking, then fair play to City either way for trying there luck for a start. If they succeed then fair play to them for prizing Jack off of us, if not then unlucky City but the best club kept the best LW/CAM in the league and that's as far as my wind up goes panto 😋. Should imagine this will now get a post, they won't like the truth (sorry I did it again).

21 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Yeah reality is that the quality of VT contributions is going to get worse and worse as we climb the table.

At least we’ll be able to sing ‘we were here when we were shit’ 😅

17 minutes ago, av1 said:

Absolutely not ITK mate. My reasoning has always been our owners. I genuinely believe they want to get to the top and are savvy enough to know that whilst money can buy the player, it can’t buy the image of what Jack represents to the club. He is the captain and face of the club. 

It’s pretty much been a none stop feel good factor since the owners came in and they won’t want to halt that. 

On top of that, Jack being a Villa fan makes me believe that whilst he may very well be open to a move to City, he won’t throw his toys out the pram should any interest be rebuffed. 

So my logic has been very much - Owners turn down bid  + Jack won’t down tools = big new contract. 

I don't think its on the owners tbh. I'm pretty sure there indeed is a release clause in there and there's been some credible sources on that being the case. Why exactly would we want to give him a new contract so soon if the owners are gonna turn down any bids and jack won't down tools like you said? We'd just reject any bids that come our way and that'd be that. The new contract makes the most sense if the owners think Jack would be open to leaving and there is nothing they can do about it(in terms of just rejecting bids), hence release clause.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

35 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

My perception of football twitter is that it's mostly teenagers with names like x_x_CR7_x_x posting the phrase "cry more" 300 times a day

Finding out tweets talking about grealish / villa / man City and taking that as the ideal opportunity to tell you about how "pessi" has padded his stats out 

• Like 1

Â