The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

What are trusted sources these daysa?

There is so much tripe reported, that until anyone is seen sitting at a table signing a contract, you can't believe it.

Yeah, much of what’s being said is just hunches. The Sky Sports article is classic “Villa are expected to accept… neither club has commented”. It’s based on absolutely nothing. 

2 minutes ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

What are trusted sources these daysa?

There is so much tripe reported, that until anyone is seen sitting at a table signing a contract, you can't believe it.

Glad we’re on the same page, so what’s City’s plan B once Jack signs a new contract?

23 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

As part of my coping mechanism I've been trying to focus on the positives in the event of jack leaving. Here they are, feel free to add your own:

-£100m

-Will no longer be a one man team - responsibility and leadership will be spread more evenly through the team

-Won't have to put up with this media driven transfer window will jack go or not  nonsense every 6 months

-If he were to stay, villa's every result will be under the microscope and the narrative every time we lose will be on how jack will be regretting not having moved

-£100 million

-The players that £100m can buy - who doesn't love a big incoming transfer signing

-Risk management - having our entire season depending on the fitness and/or form of jack is bad and risky and I poop myself every time jack gets kicked

-Squad equity and fairness - having one player earn fathoms more than the rest of the squad is bound to lead to some unrest and murmurings

-the fella can't even get into an average England team and wasn't even villa's player of the season last year - he got beaten by a goalie of all people! 

Yep. Life goes on 

We built the whole team around him and it's been fantastic to watch. But £100m for a player who can be absent for large chunks of the season.

We can spread the quality all over the pitch.

Be great if he stayed. But no reason we can't crack on without him.

The club have made numerous appointments in the background infastructure - to deal with issues like this.

The fact we view the departure of one of own for £100m as something of crisis shows have far we have come in the last 3 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If he signs a new contract that will be the signing of the season! Also would be 2 fingers up to City, people would say he lacks ambition but the lad loves to play football and if thinks he has a chance to win a trophy with the club he will take it. 

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Where is that Romano tweet btw? Link doesn't work when I click it and I can't see it on his profile.

It wasn't a tweet but in an article he did. That twitter account misquoted it I think hence it's deletion, but it posted another shortly after.

Edit: Here's the new tweet with the article in reply.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

Bluemoon as a damn Villa this Villa that site at the moment in there Grealish thread lol. 

I don't think I've ever read such a fan forum full of many fans who believe there better than everyone else. The way they call other clubs fans names like rags, dippers is all so disrespectful and so up your own arse level. It's like they firmly believe they would be where they were if there Owners didn't cheat there way into cooking the books and falsifying documents to pump more more into the ground. What gets me is that they seem to be totally okay know there Owners cheated the rules and somehow it all gives them a god give right to be at the top, I guess cheaters to prosper and get to stay at the top.

They believe without a doubt Jack is leaving us that he's now come back and he won't even pop in to say goodbye to his teammates or anyone he was close with at Villa lol.

I still believe Jack will tell this lot of self entitled plonkers to piss off, hope he does anyway because nothing would be better than seeing that Bluemoon forum change there tune start slating Jack the moment he turns them down and says he's staying at Villa.

35 minutes ago, Jareth said:

First Citeh tweeter to say something like this - got thousands of followers and also further down a French guy with similar following repeating it

This guy is just messing about...

He also says he ‘made it up’ in one of his replies.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Bluemoon as a damn Villa this Villa that site at the moment in there Grealish thread lol. 

I don't think I've ever read such a fan forum full of many fans who believe there better than everyone else. The way they call other clubs fans names like rags, dippers is all so disrespectful and so up your own arse level. It's like they firmly believe they would be where they were if there Owners didn't cheat there way into cooking the books and falsifying documents to pump more more into the ground. What gets me is that they seem to be totally okay know there Owners cheated the rules and somehow it all gives them a god give right to be at the top, I guess cheaters to prosper and get to stay at the top.

They believe without a doubt Jack is leaving us that he's now come back and he won't even pop in to say goodbye to his teammates or anyone he was close with at Villa lol.

I still believe Jack will tell this lot of self entitled plonkers to piss off, hope he does anyway because nothing would be better than seeing that Bluemoon forum change there tune start slating Jack the moment he turns them down and says he's staying at Villa.

Every fanbase is like that, including us. We've spent a lot of money on transfers these last couple of years and if we get into the top 6 as a result we won't spend our time hand-wringing and saying it's unfair on our rivals like Leeds that the poor mites don't have super rich owners splashing the cash around. We have juvenile / amusing nicknames basically for every other club in the PL, etc.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Genuine question Dave, do you think that you have spoken respectfully about Manchester City these last couple of weeks?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AV82 said:

Thing is.. we're only in a position to ask Grealish to stay after pumping 100-200m into the club. Do we really have a leg to stand on?

No we don’t, which speaks to a larger issue in football.

Although, in saying that, if Jack went to city it would be a particularly poignant example of any football romanticism being strong armed by business. 

Bring on a salary cap.

Â