The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

This is the crucial year. If we don't get into Europe this season, no one will begrudge him leaving next summer.

I think Jack have much higher aspirations than Europa League, playing in Minsk on a Thursday night.

This is an elite footballer and he obviously is desperate for CL football testing himself against the best teams in the world on the biggest stage.

Now can Smith deliver CL football within the next 3 years? 

Edited by villalad21

5 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Only way we avoid that is if there's no release clause in the new contract...

Assuming we even get to that point.

Don’t think it matters as I don’t believe there is one in his current contract.

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

This is the crucial year. If we don't get into Europe this season, no one will begrudge him leaving next summer.

Exactly, and if he did stay we’d still need to carry on spending. JWP in this team with Jack and we break top 6 this season. 

19 minutes ago, Strog said:

Agreed. A release clause indicates less than 100% commitment. Our best player should be fully on board and not looking to move on at the first opportunity..

Seems a little harsh. In this instance the release clause says "I might consider leaving if a premier League clubs is prepared to pay more money for me than they've ever paid for anyone else". 

Hardly first instance.

10 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Is JWP that good?

It’s a question maybe not is he that good but with building a team does he give us an edge on other teams and I think the answer is very much yes he does. If we keep Jack then set pieces become as key a component of our game as almost anything else either by teams fouling Jack and JWP delivering or the threat of delivery means sides can’t foul Jack.

if Jack leaves then JWP is still a big uplift in set piece quality but perhaps the numbers of free kicks will be less

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he’s better than Jack and they survived after he left. We will to. 

My point is more about our fans thinking Jack is the Messiah and we doomed without him. We’ll be fine without him. 

But as has been discussed here, Jack is so much more than "just" a player. In my 40 years of following Villa we have not had such an exciting player that all league talk about and most of the world starts to know. I'd really hate to lose that side and revert back to discussing the good old days.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Seems a little harsh. In this instance the release clause says "I might consider leaving if a premier League clubs is prepared to pay more money for me than they've ever paid for anyone else". 

Hardly first instance.

Fair comment but I want our best player to be committed to the cause and not lose focus as soon  as another club comes sniffing. If he’s close to or at the end of his contract or Villa want to sell then fine. But to have such a clause in a contract means the risk of Jack leaving will come up every year unless the player gets injured or loses form.

Â