The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Greenfly said:

I last looked at this thread Friday morning. There's been nearly 200 players since then, and skimming through them almost none of them say anything new.

I'm at the point where whatever will be, will be. If he stays, great. If he goes, we'll be fine. Do yourselves a favour and just wait it out, let it just play out and see what happens. There'll be much less headaches that way.

Totally agree dude. 

1 hour ago, Tez500 said:

I'm far more relaxed about Jack now Bailey looks done, my biggest concern was how him "leaving" would affect new signings coming in.

Likewise but I do find it amusing how the papers are now saying Villa to go after Cantwell IF Jack leaves. Yesterday he was gone and probably flying straight to Manchester rather than Birmingham it seems doubt is creeping in to the journalists. At least the Bailey signing doesn’t seem to be a replacement and we trying to sign him regardless 

I just hope that after all he's been through with us, he'd have the decency to sit down with Dean and the owners tomorrow and listen to their offer one last time.

Even if he's already decided in his head, I think he owes us that. I'd be disappointed if he spent all this time away and just left without giving the club the opportunity to speak to him in person at Bodymoor.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Problem is, you can't tell if 200 pages have been added because something serious has happened or not.

Fair point, but this isn't where I've been getting my updates on the situation. Since I last read the topic a bid has been officially made, no response has been given as of yet, Jack has landed back in the UK and Wes has arrived from the US for crunch talks with him. The consensus is that we have a week to convince him to stay, or he leaves on a "good faith" clause, whatever that means.

My view is the same as it was with the Man U interest last year - he is torn, he has a million reasons to want to go to city, but he's desperately looking for just one reason to stay.

Only time will tell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just hope that after all he's been through with us, he'd have the decency to sit down with Dean and the owners tomorrow and listen to their offer one last time.

Even if he's already decided in his head, I think he owes us that. I'd be disappointed if he spent all this time away and just left without giving the club the opportunity to speak to him in person at Bodymoor.

Don't think that'll happen. I think he might even sit down with the club on Sunday.

If Jack does stay then great but he must be 100% committed to the project, we don’t need this soap opera playing out every summer. If his head has been turned , let’s move on and rebuild so we can prove him wrong. UTV!

• Like 2

Just now, Strog said:

If Jack does stay then great but he must be 100% committed to the project, we don’t need this soap opera playing out every summer. If his head has been turned , let’s move on and rebuild so we can prove him wrong. UTV!

Only way we avoid that is if there's no release clause in the new contract...

Assuming we even get to that point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Only way we avoid that is if there's no release clause in the new contract...

Assuming we even get to that point.

Agreed. A release clause indicates less than 100% commitment. Our best player should be fully on board and not looking to move on at the first opportunity..

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

This is the crucial year. If we don't get into Europe this season, no one will begrudge him leaving next summer.

Yes they will 

• Like 3

Â