The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Always believed a real Villa fan would put the club in front of their own ambitions, as playing for the club was the achievement.

Ive followed the club since the mid 70’s, people have changed, the game has changed. You have clubs like Man City, Chelsea that have no heart, no soul, but they win trophies.

It would be one thing if we were struggling and had no ambition, but we aren’t in that mindset. I have no doubt in my mind that we will have European football within 2-3 years and making another cup final to have the chance of winning a trophy. But will it be enough for a Villa fan? It should be, to be the first captain to hold aloft a cup final trophy in over 25 + years, it will be worth far more, than 3-4 bought trophies at Man City.

Jack can buy into the media’s narrative of needing to be at a big club or being a club legend and be talked about for the next 100 years and probably be more important than any Villa player in history. Easy answer for me, but I’m not Jack.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Always believed a real Villa fan would put the club in front of their own ambitions, as playing for the club was the achievement.

Ive followed the club since the mid 70’s, people have changed, the game has changed. You have clubs like Man City, Chelsea that have no heart, no soul, but they win trophies.

It would be one thing if we were struggling and had no ambition, but we aren’t in that mindset. I have no doubt in my mind that we will have European football within 2-3 years and making another cup final to have the chance of winning a trophy. But will it be enough for a Villa fan? It should be, to be the first captain to hold aloft a cup final trophy in over 25 + years, it will be worth far more, than 3-4 bought trophies at Man City.

Jack can buy into the media’s narrative of needing to be at a big club or being a club legend and be talked about for the next 100 years and probably be more important than any Villa player in history. Easy answer for me, but I’m not Jack.

For me, this is a perfect opportunity for two things:

1. For Jack to display that he does buy into the vision of the owners and

2. For the owners to display that they mean business with said vision

• Like 1

I believe he's staying and I don't think he's off to City, it appears that many on here have made there minds up and that he's going.

So all I'm going to ask is have some bloody faith in our captain to do right by the club he loves, not move on for uncertainty.

He won't choose greed or some material medals over what he's helped build up and can continue to build up at Villa. We have a legitimate success story going on at this Club and not just some damn Club Owner spending and cheating with oil money, our story is that of redemption, reinvention, restructuring, evolving, adapting, where our Owners saved us when we was down and out. Our story of how we sank to the bottom only to rise again like the phoenix that would see us take up a spot in the very best league of football again.

Imagine Jack leaving all that, his involvement and story would end, he would be forgotten about by many and he wouldn't have any way of taking part in the future of the club anymore. So yeah none of us actually knows what he wants but for all the words and emotions he's put out about Villa, you have to believe in him that his heart is right there in it for Villa. Sure he could wins trophy at City and win the league but is it real to him? We don't know but one thing you can't knock being real is if he did just that and won something with his club Villa while carrying on his legacy at Villa.

Has anyone imagine Jack as a City player yet? I have and I keep getting a Jack Grealish that is no where near the player  he is at Villa. For one he's not the main man anymore. Two player doesn't run through Jack anywhere near as much. kDB regain the most fouled stat back. Jack hardly sees the ball because they don't pass to him as much as what our lads do and that it will feel like it were during his England time. Sure Jack will create but he won't create to the level he does at Villa. To top it all off I see Jack for a good while being a rotated player who could even be bench warming for abit.

I just don't see half the player Jack is at villa, he is without a doubt a demon for us and I feel at City without his free to roam that Jack will not be the man he is with us.

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Jack Grealish is an elite player.

Aston Villa are not currently an elite club.

It’s about as simple as that. It’s strangely cathartic to remind myself of that, everything else is peripheral ultimately.

Image result for you use your tongue prettier than a

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ben1505 said:

Yes, I take your point.. seems insane that a club can drop $100m on a player (and there’s talk of them dropping a further $160m on Kane). Wasn’t FFP brought in to stop this? Or was it brought in to stop other clubs from closing in on the elite?

In a nutshell pal

4 minutes ago, TS said:

I don't post here much but do post on r/avfc. Hopefully you can see by my account age that I'm not just on a wind up.

The Reddit ITK is pretty ttrustworty and after reading his posts today I've gone from thinking Jack is leaving to thinking he's staying.

Last year he posted about knowing Shakespeare's son and mentioned we were after Ross Barkley. I remember at the time thinking it was a bit of an odd thing to make up but didn't really believe it, until a week or two later when it came off. I hadn't seen a peep about Barkley except the poster on Reddit.

Since then he still posted regularly but doesn't drop anything 'ITK' this summer until mentioning JWP and Bailey a couple of days ago. Both had already been linked so it's not like he couldn't have made it up, but then we had the talk of a new JWP bid and the announcement of Bailey within a couple of days of the post.

Then he posts saying Grealish is doing an ESR. To me, him saying that Grealish is doing a Smith-Rowe is basically alluding to the fact that his agent is using City's bid to get a better contract from Villa, similar to how ESR used our bid to help negotiations.

Later in the day he said he had put some money on Jack staying and an hour or two after that pretty much said Grealish was staying without saying it. "Watch this space." That was the last thing he posted.

I'm guessing after what he said blew up and ended up on here and Twitter, he potentially got caught out or deleted his account out of caution.

But I believe he's being truthful. Whether his information is correct is a different thing, but it's made me optimistic and I thought I would add a little context as someone who's seen the guy posting on r/avfc for ages and saw first hand he was correct last year.

I’m putting all my eggs into this basket!^

9 minutes ago, TS said:

I don't post here much but do post on r/avfc. Hopefully you can see by my account age that I'm not just on a wind up.

The Reddit ITK is pretty ttrustworty and after reading his posts today I've gone from thinking Jack is leaving to thinking he's staying.

Last year he posted about knowing Shakespeare's son and mentioned we were after Ross Barkley. I remember at the time thinking it was a bit of an odd thing to make up but didn't really believe it, until a week or two later when it came off. I hadn't seen a peep about Barkley except the poster on Reddit.

Since then he still posted regularly but doesn't drop anything 'ITK' this summer until mentioning JWP and Bailey a couple of days ago. Both had already been linked so it's not like he couldn't have made it up, but then we had the talk of a new JWP bid and the announcement of Bailey within a couple of days of the post.

Then he posts saying Grealish is doing an ESR. To me, him saying that Grealish is doing a Smith-Rowe is basically alluding to the fact that his agent is using City's bid to get a better contract from Villa, similar to how ESR used our bid to help negotiations.

Later in the day he said he had put some money on Jack staying and an hour or two after that pretty much said Grealish was staying without saying it. "Watch this space." That was the last thing he posted.

I'm guessing after what he said blew up and ended up on here and Twitter, he potentially got caught out or deleted his account out of caution.

But I believe he's being truthful. Whether his information is correct is a different thing, but it's made me optimistic and I thought I would add a little context as someone who's seen the guy posting on r/avfc for ages and saw first hand he was correct last year.

Thanks for the info brother villan, see you in a couple of years, or better still, get more involved.💜💙:cheers:

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thanks for the info brother villan, see you in a couple of years, or better still, get more involved.💜💙:cheers:

Haha cheers man maybe I will. I've been doomscrolling with the rest of you for the last few days, just haven't found much to say that hasn't already been said.

If this comes off though I'll definitely post a few celebratory GIFs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TS said:

Haha cheers man maybe I will. I've been doomscrolling with the rest of you for the last few days, just haven't found much to say that hasn't already been said.

If this comes off though I'll definitely post a few celebratory GIFs.

What a phrase! The entire Villa fanbase has been doing this for the last week. 

• Like 1

I'm far more relaxed about Jack now Bailey looks done, my biggest concern was how him "leaving" would affect new signings coming in.

Also, I believe we would be better playing a 4-3-3. We would have Bailey, Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi and Trez (although probably discount him) plus youth for the wings which is decent enough depth. We should then use the cash to strengthen central midfield especially a top class DM/holding mid who would walk straight into our first 11.

I last looked at this thread Friday morning. There's been nearly 200 players since then, and skimming through them almost none of them say anything new.

I'm at the point where whatever will be, will be. If he stays, great. If he goes, we'll be fine. Do yourselves a favour and just wait it out, let it just play out and see what happens. There'll be much less headaches that way.

• Thanks 1

Â