The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You do realise that is a lot of money right. The difference between 17th and 7th is 30+ million. That's about 1/3 of the base TV revenue money. And I also believe you receive an additional fee everytime one of your matches is shown on TV. So again finishing higher begets further money.

The fact is Jack is worth so much financially to us that selling him for 100 million would be akin to shooting ourselves in the foot. 

This but also we’d be selling a player who has a huge national presence at the moment.. little kids are choosing to support Villa because of him.. they’d just join the plastic ranks of shitty if he goes there.. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Looking at the outstanding youth team we have, Grealish has a chance to spearhead something so special over the next few years, which could set this club, his club, up for decades. He has the opportunity to get his beloved Aston Villa to a place where he can come back as a fan and watch us continue to win trophies and challenge in Europe, even after he has retired.

That’s why he should stay. It should certainly mean more to him than a handful of medals.

One club superstars are always held in high esteem. Jack will still be rich and famous with Villa, and he just might win a few medals too. Shame he couldn't win the Euros, it might have quenched his thirst somewhat.

• Like 1

Sorry if I’ve missed this but a few outlets are claiming that the $100m is a release clause that’s been triggered. Any truth in this, did he have a release clause? If so, $100m seems a little light and terrible business on our part.

1 minute ago, ben1505 said:

Sorry if I’ve missed this but a few outlets are claiming that the $100m is a release clause that’s been triggered. Any truth in this, did he have a release clause? If so, $100m seems a little light and terrible business on our part.

£11 million above the record British transfer fee is light? If a release clause exists it would have been negotiated by player's agent

1 hour ago, leighavfc said:

My lad is going to be in bits over this. He loves Jack.. like we all do of course. I told him about the bid friday and he turned around and said he was mad... he then text me off his moms phone to say I'm so mad I want to swear 🤣🤣

Genuinely though this will really upset him, in his little world Jack is Villa...he has been lucky enough to meet him and speak to him briefly which he loved and I'm sure will cherish for a long time. He has a painting of him on his wall, his shirt signed by him and him only depiste the rest of players being there.. gutted for him tbh. I'm sure there are many of us on here who will have to explain it to their kids too 😥 

I've said all along he will go this summer even though I absolutely never want him to go. I'm kind of over it and want it to be confirmed one way or the other. I still hold a glimmer of hope but is rapidly fading by the hour. Its incredibly sad to see him go and will hurt like no other star player leaving but ultimately we will be back at VP in a few weeks cheering the rest of the boys and hopefully some new signings to soften the blow. Will be so weird Jack not being there though and I think it will actually slightly dampen the mood for that first home game back a little. 

Regardless of how it pans out... Up the f*****g Villa!

Gonna be tough on the younger supporters for sure, for me as a kid it was Yorke, was heartbroken, this would be many times worse for them

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

£11 million above the record British transfer fee is light? If a release clause exists it would have been negotiated by player's agent

I think it is light.. I’m not saying he’s worth $100m compared to Pogba but he’s worth more than $100m to us.. if you consider what it would cost us to replace him like for like

• Like 2

Just now, ben1505 said:

I think it is light.. I’m not saying he’s worth $100m compared to Pogba but he’s worth more than $100m to us.. if you consider what it would cost us to replace him like for like

That's fine but it's not terrible business on our part if true as if that's what was negotiated by his agent to sign the deal that's just how negotiations work

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's fine but it's not terrible business on our part if true as if that's what was negotiated by his agent to sign the deal that's just how negotiations work

Yes, I take your point.. seems insane that a club can drop $100m on a player (and there’s talk of them dropping a further $160m on Kane). Wasn’t FFP brought in to stop this? Or was it brought in to stop other clubs from closing in on the elite?

47 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Hopefully Jack looks at Delph’s saga and how well that worked out? 

Jack's 10 times the player Delph was, he'll be a success where ever he ends up.

Will be absolutely gutted if he leaves.

Edited by zab6359
  • Like 1

I do respect and cannot blame Jack if he leaves but it would break my heart...

What is the last premier league player to have carried his side up the leagues, like he has? when was the last time a club could say they went from mid champtionship to good premier league, thanks to a wonderful local player?

Villa have ambition but it is unrealistic to think that we will be challenging for the same titles City do in the near future, but it does make me wonder what I would choose, 100k more in wages and winning titles for a plastic team, where he'll be remembered as a great player, or potentially carrying a team from the depths of the premier league to challenge for titles, where he'll be remembered as a legend (I'm thinking statue + legend statue). I choose to believe that winning the play-offs with Villa will be more meaningful to him, than winning the Premier league with City

I hope that Grealish chooses Villa, it's where he belong but I can't blame him if he leaves.. Him, Buendia and Bailey would absolutely terrify the opposition, also the Villa status would rise ridiculously high if he chose us over City.

I hope you chose to stay Jack, I can't fault you if you chose to leave, but you have a legend status awaiting for you here and will be remembered amongst the best ever if you chose to stay with potentially a statue and be remembered and respected as the likes of Totti etc.

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

With two premier league medals for a fairly limited player?

But will he be remembered by any of his clubs? Will he be immortalised as an Everton great? Or a Leeds great or even a City legend? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

But will he be remembered by any of his clubs? Will he be immortalised as an Everton great? Or a Leeds great or even a City legend? 

The problem is a lot of fans, especially the younger generation, don’t care about a players history and fans of Man City are like goldfish, they quickly forget what they had and are focussed on the new toy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

The problem is a lot of fans, especially the younger generation, don’t care about a players history and fans of Man City are like goldfish, they quickly forget what they had and are focussed on the new toy.

I wonder what Jack would rather have.. a few bought plastic trophies or legendary status at his boyhood club.. I guess we’ll soon find out?

• Like 1

Â