The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The Reddit “ITK” could be a load of bollocks. I would imagine the account has been deleted because of constant abuse. When you post something like that you are always going to piss off someone. In this case, I’d imagine he has been getting pelters from City fans because he is saying that Grealish is staying. Not unlike Villa fans sending shit to people who are saying that Grealish is leaving.

Really hope it doesn’t drag on whatever happens.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

The Reddit “ITK” could be a load of bollocks. I would imagine the account has been deleted because of constant abuse. When you post something like that you are always going to piss off someone. In this case, I’d imagine he has been getting pelters from City fans because he is saying that Grealish is staying. Not unlike Villa fans sending shit to people who are saying that Grealish is leaving.

Really hope it doesn’t drag on whatever happens.

Possibly either

1) word has got back to shakespeare and he's been told to delete.

2) getting loads of abuse from villa/city fans

3) he's an absolute fraud and has legged it before the inevitable abuse

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Possibly either

Absolutely.

The only thing that makes me question number 3 is if this is the same account that posted all the transfer info from last summer before it happened.

• Like 2

Guys jack is back in uk so now the mind games/ should I shouldn't I fiasco starts.

Agent money orientated will want most money zero care  for jack but his family imo will be key he will take advise from them.

11 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Also. How much do you get per finishing position in the premier league? 

Estimates from finishing 6th to 11th are between 10 million to 25 million. We'll last season they were. 

Not sure why we also accept a first offer when pretty much every other club ever didn't, unless there is a buy out clause.

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Possibly either

Think it's 2 to be honest. 1 is also very plausible. 3 too, but his calls last year were too niche to not be ITK. Maybe he's bullshitting this time, but it wouldn't be something to delete the whole account over, because as Sam Lee says, the transfer can happen or it might not (or it's 50/50 as one wise man once put it) and it's looking closer to the former. 

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough so Grealish going for nearly double what he went for is not fair value?

No, the cost of players since his move has close to doubled. Mahrez was an absolute snip at 60 mil as well. I feel in terms of fee the fridge is a more apt comparison at 80 million. But Grealish is twice the player he is and is a villa fan.

Besides transfers for top players are almost never worth it for the selling club. Like Grealish is easily worth 30 mil a year. And with 4 years left in his contract he should be worth 120+. He is probably worth at least 40-50 mil a year. So that's close the 180 mil as what would be fair recompense to us based on his merchandising and competitive benefits. Before factoring in the potential that his marketing value will grow which it evidently is currently. 

Reddit ITK thing is weird because the guy (assuming someone else hasn't hacked the account!) did call Barkley last year way before anyone else and yesterday said Bailey and JWP were being lined up, and there's been movement or chatter on both of those since. I know you can fake anything if you try but he came across as quite genuine.

I don't think anything can be read into him deleting his account. Could be that he's completely right but word got out that he was leaking, could also be that he enjoyed the attention he got last year and wanted more of that and now that serious money is being put down he's freaked out

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Possibly either

With regards to number 1, Daniel Sturridge got banned for 4 months and fined 150k after telling his brother about a transfer which he then bet on. I'm guessing telling loads of people on a forum you got info from Shakespeare, then telling them to bet on it could land Shakespeare in similar hot water.

One of his posts was:

"5/2 now but i've dropped £20 on it, the most i ever bet, it's free money at this stage"

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Awol said:

It’s only about £2m per place or something. Hamster droppings in premier league terms. 

16 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

That’s not much is it? Do you get more tv money if you finish higher?

15 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yeah, but it’s pretty weak tea in the grand scheme of things 

You do realise that is a lot of money right. The difference between 17th and 7th is 30+ million. That's about 1/3 of the base TV revenue money. And I also believe you receive an additional fee everytime one of your matches is shown on TV. So again finishing higher begets further money.

The fact is Jack is worth so much financially to us that selling him for 100 million would be akin to shooting ourselves in the foot. 

If you look at the redditor's posts on the Grealish situation they're hardly getting any replies at all, just a few people saying that they hope that they're right, no abuse.

My guess would be either that since what they what they wrote earlier they've heard something different, and so have since deleted their account because they don't want people sending them angry messages if/when Grealish leaves.

Or perhaps more likely, they've realized that their posts have been getting a lot of attention outside of their normal audience of reddit so have deleted their account because they don't want people going through their posting history, especially if it's true they have some sort of connection to Shakespeare.

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You do realise that is a lot of money right. The difference between 17th and 7th is 30+ million. That's about 1/3 of the base TV revenue money. And I also believe you receive an additional fee everytime one of your matches is shown on TV. So again finishing higher begets further money.

The fact is Jack is worth so much financially to us that selling him for 100 million would be akin to shooting ourselves in the foot. 

I’m assuming that golden boll*cks is on his toes this summer and our league position will be roughly the same next year, so TV money will be pretty irrelevant in the transfer calculation.

Â