The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The Bailey signing has made me a tiny bit more confident Grealish is staying.

My feeling is Jack is fed up with the long-term project, and wants the club to sign players who will peak in the next 3 years.

If we sign players like Bailey, JWP, then that’s a strong signal we’re looking to compete for things as Grealish hits his peak.

What he (understandably) doesn’t want to do is wait until he’s 30+ before the NSWE project hits its stride.

It has echoes of Gerrard at Liverpool, begging for more quality, as he wanted to stay, but also wanted to link up with players who were as good as him.

Now all of this is wishful thinking, and I’m fully resigned to him going to City. But there’s a glimmer of hope.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because he ain’t the world beater we think he is. Class act. But 100m is fair value.

100m for the player or the extra 30 to 50 million he will generate for the club per season ?

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Timd for Edens to bring Giannis over on a plane on Monday with the NBA trophy so he can have a conversation about what happens if you stick with the project ! 

That would be my move 

The problem is it's not really comparable as a structure for the league.

Just now, Pissflaps said:

The problem is it's not really comparable as a structure for the league.

Totally understand that . But wouldn't hurt .Maybe a convo about how the Bucks built a team around him and were true to their word. 

• Like 1

Apparently Jack Grealish has been 'likeing' our players instagram posts after the game today, of course that's normal and even for a player that's about to depart it's not particulary abnormal but given the current situation surrounding the current rumours you'd think he might not do that knowing that it would potentially get Villa fans hopes up man.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently Jack Grealish has been 'likeing' our players instagram posts after the game today, of course that's normal and even for a player that's about to depart it's not particulary abnormal but given the current situation surrounding the current rumours you'd think he might not do that knowing that it would potentially get Villa fans hopes up man.

Indeed he has. He’s staying! My heart usually gets things right more than my head so I’m sticking by this till the bitter end. 

• Thanks 1

Â