The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nope Mahrez did. So Jacks genuine world class while Mahrez is a highlight reel that won his team the league. Ok mate 👍🏼

Mahrez got PFA and Fans, Vardy got FWA and Players awards. To say Mahrez won the league for Leicester is massively underplaying the roles the rest of the team had.

Also if Jack hadn't got injured, I reckon he would've won player of the year this season.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Mahrez got PFA and Fans, Vardy got FWA and Players awards. To say Mahrez won the league for Leicester is massively underplaying the roles the rest of the team had.

To say Grealish saved us a relegation battle is massively underplaying the roles the rest of the team had.

Not to mention the disrespect given to the team without Jack going forward.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Ok, I missed most of today but it looks like people are talking about positivity. I don't have time to read 100 pages.

Has anything remotely optimistic happened to suggest he is staying?

Or is it the groundhog day?

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886i8znd0iokaad47o39b

in short 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nope Mahrez did. So Jacks genuine world class while Mahrez is a highlight reel that won his team the league. Ok mate 👍🏼

Mahrez is a great player who does spectacular things and can create goals out of very little - a bit like Arjen Robben. But he doesn’t dictate a game or influence it as much and is often incredibly selfish.

But sure, he’s the GOAT and single handedly won Leicester the league. 

• Haha 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Mahrez is a great player who does spectacular things and can create goals out of very little - a bit like Arjen Robben. But he doesn’t dictate a game or influence it as much and is often incredibly selfish.

But sure, he’s the GOAT and single handedly won Leicester the league. 

I think he’s better than Jack and they survived after he left. We will to. 

My point is more about our fans thinking Jack is the Messiah and we doomed without him. We’ll be fine without him. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

To say Grealish saved us a relegation battle is massively underplaying the roles the rest of the team had.

I would Covid break, switch to defensive solidity, 60% McGinn, Konsa at RB and Trez finding shooting boots were all as important.

I think the one true moment of pure individual Grealish was 10 game winning run. (He went a bit missing in the playoffs though (hides behind sofa))

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think he’s better than Jack and they survived after he left. We will to. 

My point is more about our fans thinking Jack is the Messiah and we doomed without him. We’ll be fine without him. 

I don’t think he’s better than Grealish and I also think we’ll be fine without Grealish.

However, WITH Grealish, we’re knocking on the door of European football. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not to mention the disrespect given to the team without Jack going forward.

As good as he was before Covid, I genuinely thought he was going last summer because of how bad he was following the break, so he didn't really save us single handedly.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

We just need Don Logan to turn up and persuade Jack to stay.

Or a massive boulder to fly just over his shoulder making his whole AVFC life flash before his eyes. Follow your heart not your head Jack 

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

I think part of the reason why he's always tempted by moving away is that he'd finally get the respect he thinks he deserves. He's absolutely world class. One of the best players in the league. But he'll always have that "plays for Villa" stigma over his head. Look at all the fans baulking at the 100m price tag, calling him overrated etc. That'll all disappear the second he joins a big 6 team. He'll also suddenly be one of the first names on the teamsheet for England. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â