The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

All this talk, and he hasn't even met Nassef and Wes yet. This one isn't near over. I like that we got Bailey over the line, that's an excellent string in their bow for when they start their talks with Jack. Like "look at what we've already done, Bailey and Buendia...and this is just the start". 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Quite an interesting thread if you click on the tweet. No idea who that person is, but it's quite a random thing to just make up I guess. 

She also said that Ashley Young was utter nonsense just before he signed and has been saying all summer that there's no chance Grealish will go and the owners would never accept a bid of £100m. Amazing how many people get away with being seen as ITK without any real evidence of it

• Like 3

Just now, Jareth said:

I don't see any truth in this - a player cannot challenge a club to sign players in a 7 day window - it doesn't work like that. 

And if it did, "do what I want or I leave a week before the season starts" is a really poor move, because if I were the owners in that situation, I'd refuse to be blackmailed and hold him to his contract for at least another year. What's he going to do, refuse to play and trash his chance of playing for England?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, djdabush said:

She also said that Ashley Young was utter nonsense just before he signed and has been saying all summer that there's no chance Grealish will go and the owners would never accept a bid of £100m. Amazing how many people get away with being seen as ITK without any real evidence of it

Don't trust any "ITKs" unless they have crazy and bizarre track records like that kid who was mates with Dean Smith's son who got like 5 of our left field summer signings right. That's why this guy on reddit is kind of interesting, because absolutely nobody saw Ross Barkley coming. We only heard about it once the deal was pretty much done and dusted.

• Like 4

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

You know what, F*** him. Today we signed one of the most exciting players in European football and tomorrow we’ll probably be linked with another. 

He wants to go to Man City? F*** him. We’ll get better. Maybe not in the short term. But we will in the long term. If he is a Villa fan, he should want to be a part of it. If he doesn’t? Sell him.

I’m not even bothered if it’s a release clause anymore. 100m. 200m. Who cares. We have NSWE and we’ll move. Have faith.

We move.

Thank god you seen the light!  Many of us been saying this for ages. He really isn’t as good as we think he is. 100m is a crazy deal. 

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yep. But god knows. 

You’re right… God does know! Can’t believe no one has thought to ask him yet?!! 

Edited by Tayls

I can already see Jim White "Brrrreaking News - Aston Villa in shock re-signing of Jack Grealish".

They want Grealish at Man City, like all "sources close to ...." BS merchants they feed off the buzz, screw the unsettlement of non big 6 clubs. Screw all the clubs we had to pretend mattered during the ESL saga that we'd have bid billions to get a slice of. Screw the players well being, their family members, screw the the abuse of players that we help fester by microanalysing their very existence.

Its actually all kind of sickening. 

Edited by ccfcman

It only takes one ITK to get some traction in likes and retweets before 10 more jump in with their own brand of bollocks.

Jack has £200k contract on the table, this isn't about money.

I'm not sure Jack sees himself as the head scout either demanding JWP joins just because he wants us taking better Free Kicks. If it's about team quality, JWP doesn't shoot us into the stratosphere anyway. 

I'm not biting.

27 minutes ago, bose said:

It’s a guy on Reddit. Last summer he had a random ITK on Barkley joining Villa. Also had Traore signing. Said Bailey was done yesterday and know very confident JG is staying. Never said anything else ITK. 

Link?

19 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Quite an interesting thread if you click on the tweet. No idea who that person is, but it's quite a random thing to just make up I guess. 

Can be made up based in the stuff posted on reddit earlier.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyone that thinks Jack Grealish is worth more than100m please watch Mahrez in the season Leicester won the league and then tell me why he went for 60m?

Mahrez downed tools and refused to train, and IIRC only had 2 years left on his contract. Add in the English tax, how important Jack is to us both on and off the pitch, and I can see how we'd want over double that £60m.

Edited by Davkaus

Can we also not forget that FFp would be an issue in this fantasy supermarket sweep of signings that’s going to take place in the next 7 days. We’re close to our limits. What if, in this bs scenario, we sign a couple of players, he decides to stay and then we’ve breached ffp and face a points deduction or large fine. 
Our owners are shrewd businessmen. JG is not going to make mugs of them.

And no I’m not a Man City fan. I just hate that there people out there playing on fans emotions. 

Â