The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

40 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Depends what you choose to believe. Meetings with Pep, himself and his management team earlier in the year. He will have known a bid was incoming as he and his team will have been sounded out so he could at that point told the club if they bid 100 million and meet the release clause he wants to go. 

The rumours of City going to bid appeared in the media as the euros started so again he could have let the club as those rumours will have come from info from city end. The clearing in the woods on talksport got his info from Stellar about the bid when announced Grealish was off, again how long ago was that and it looks like the club will only find out on Monday what his intentions are.

As a so called fan and for the club he has been at since he was six I am disappointed that he has treated the club this way.

You're 'choosing to believe' he's been sneaking around Villa's back, including his 'father figure' Smith, making plans to leave, while 'pretending' he was staying? 🤔...That's bizarre to me. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Do you reckon Bailey got word that Grealish is staying…

Yes, our owners never intended to sell Jack and probably reconfirmed to him before this step was taken

10 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Sadly I don't see Jack staying as much as I'd love to see it. Imagine that midfield with Watkins up front. I think JWP is a real possibility though I suspect they'll be asking for even more if/when Jack goes. 

Don’t need to imagine it will be happening that Jack with Bailey and Buendia, then Ollie leading the line.

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yes, people have been dragging his reputation through the mud before anything has actually happened. 

Total and utter speculation without an ounce of fact. I can write you a couple of bullshit headlines if you care to believe them?

Not naive, I prefer to operate on facts that are in front of me. We don't know the situation at all and he's under contract with AV for 4 more years. The clubs are not commenting. 

Again, total speculation, we don't even know if there have been improved terms offered. He is under contract. 

If he commits in the next week people will rightly be doing this anyway and all this shit will be forgotten. Fans have short memories. 

The biggest crock of shit I've read on this thread, and that's saying a LOT. What are you Jacks brother and know his intimate feelings?

Jeez @Steero113, chill brother. 

All I will say is if Jack is the fan and in love with the club, that’s actually terrific, we are truly blessed, it would really be a fairytale if he stayed and we went on to succeed as a club because of it. I really hope he does sign, we will be a much better team with him and most importantly it sticks two fingers to the so called elite - the club would have won, it would be massive. However, my point being if he only ever wanted to stay and wouldn't entertain any other club he could have committed to the improved deal weeks ago, instead he is giving the impression, or at least  allowing that perception to grow legs, that actually he isn’t as committed as maybe he is, and that he is actually just a glory boy or moving for the money, and the association we have with that is Delph/Barry/Millner etc. It’s damaging even if he stay because he is giving the impression he is weighing it up.

Give me credit that I am intelligent enough to realise that silence infers nothing - either good or bad, and its likely a strategy by his Agency, but I am saying its damaging his hero image> But I don’t suppose that will last long if he stays 👍🏻

Just now, thunderball said:

Jeez @Steero113, chill brother. 

All I will say is if Jack is the fan and in love with the club, that’s actually terrific, we are truly blessed, it would really be a fairytale if he stayed and we went on to succeed as a club because of it. I really hope he does sign, we will be a much better team with him and most importantly it sticks two fingers to the so called elite - the club would have won, it would be massive. However, my point being if he only ever wanted to stay and wouldn't entertain any other club he could have committed to the improved deal weeks ago, instead he is giving the impression, or at least  allowing that perception to grow legs, that actually he isn’t as committed as maybe he is, and that he is actually just a glory boy or moving for the money, and the association we have with that is Delph/Barry/Millner etc. It’s damaging even if he stay because he is giving the impression he is weighing it up.

Give me credit that I am intelligent enough to realise that silence infers nothing - either good or bad, and its likely a strategy by his Agency, but I am saying its damaging his hero image> But I don’t suppose that will last long if he stays 👍🏻

Glad to read this mate, and I wasn’t trying to insult your intelligence. Just a lot of misinformation running riot at the moment and people taking tabloid bollocks for gospel. 

As I’ve said all along, if Jack is a villa player on 1st September it will be bigger than any signing we can make. 

• Like 1

If Jack stays (I.e rejects any offers and stays at villa for another season) I’ll donate £10 to VT. 

gutted but feel the noise is enough for me to believe he won’t be here next season.

Just now, MrSmirch said:

I wonder if Pep wants him as a false 9, that would be something to behold

It would but Smith is our manager so Pep doesn’t get to decide where Jack plays next season in our team.

• Like 1

Just now, kidlewis said:

If Jack stays (I.e rejects any offers and stays at villa for another season) I’ll donate £10 to VT. 

gutted but feel the noise is enough for me to believe he won’t be here next season.

Hey big spender!

• Haha 1

I'm prepared to be disappointed, but a part of me thinks Jack and NSWE know he's staying and are purposely letting this drag out.

1) we troll the f*** out of the soulless club who think they can cherrypick and bully teams with their money

2) all the talk of Grealish being the record British transfer, how great of a player he is and why Pep wants him, etc. for the entire weekend (and more) is already raising his profile even more

3) when NSWE reject this bid, it shows we have a lot of balls and are not to be messed with

• Like 1

Just now, kidlewis said:

Everyone just reporting what everybody else is reporting is enough for you.  No wonder religion got as much foothold in society as it has based on no evidence.  People don’t need evidence for some reason.

Â