The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

22 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Sad. Most unique player we're every likely to see play for the Villa who also dragged us from the brink back to the Prem. He deserves better regardless of how or why he leaves.

I am with you on this.....but for the sake of the great club we support, if he does go, we need to see beyond it.

I won't be cross with Jack or the club....its life in modern day football

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He's still on the banner for the home kit if you scroll through

Can’t upload an image for some reason but he’s not on there now.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nath_s91 said:

Turn your phone sideways and scroll down

Spotted it cheers, weird to have different images for different sizes. Probably forgotten to remove the Jack one for desktop view.

I was more disappointed when we sold Yorke to now, if we do sell Grealish, as the money quoted is silly amounts and with the amount of games he misses with his shins, hope he’s used to being in and out of the match day squad at city now and again unlike playing every week when fit here

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, TRO said:

with Bailey, not BL...to my knowledge.

what confuses you?....unless I am unaware of us agreeing a Transfer Fee with Bayer Leverkusen.

seems like I was unaware, sorry.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

What would happen if I buy a Grealish kit now for my lad, an Jack ends up going next week? Can I refund or?

I’d probably wait if I were you, there’s no guarantee of any refunds. If you buy a shirt for a player that’s heavily linked to leaving then you can’t claim you didn’t know when he does. 

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Spotted it cheers, weird to have different images for different sizes. Probably forgotten to remove the Jack one for desktop view.

It's very common to have responsive websites. It's basically standard practice these days. Even this site is.

Avfc.co.uk is not the greatest site though...

Edited by osmark86

38 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

What would happen if I buy a Grealish kit now for my lad, an Jack ends up going next week? Can I refund or?

My son has just been down to the shop and asked.....assistant say's " I can't Say"

He was only teasing... he knew they don't know.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Wow, trolling at its best 

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think its been any different in the sense the top teams cherry pick the lesser teams best players.....its just the sums of money are different and the agents are in the players ears, like flies on a donkey and the media want their predictions to come true, for credibility.

There are so many moving factors, you have to be aware of replacing every player, Ollie could go, and we will have to replace him.....sadly its modern football, as I have said, not to get too emotionally attached, its that what consumes us.

Despite players attempts to tell us different, its their jobs and behind the scenes they see the warts 'n all.....That must have an affect on them.

from Jack standing on the terraces, to playing in the top flight with Villa....He must see a world of difference....That must affect his vulnerability and emotional standing.....eventually, its just a Job, albeit quite different from ours.

In time, if Jack goes I will generally be appreciative of what he has done for us and the player he became, although I think I may always mildly resent the the notice being relatively short. 

But right now, and into the future the thing I’m mostly angry about is what I have bolded above. This is the state of modern football and it’s sterile and 100% dictated by money. If Jack goes to city just an extra visceral example of the above.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am with you on this.....but for the sake of the great club we support, if he does go, we need to see beyond it.

I won't be cross with Jack or the club....its life in modern day football

100%. I do understand the frustration. This is leagues above Young and Milner leaving and it's going to hurt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KangarooVillan said:

In time, if Jack goes I will generally be appreciative of what he has done for us and the player he became, although I think I may always mildly resent the the notice being relatively short. 

But right now, and into the future the thing I’m mostly angry about is what I have bolded above. This is the state of modern football and it’s sterile and 100% dictated by money. If Jack goes to city just an extra visceral example of the above.

Thing is.. we're only in a position to ask Grealish to stay after pumping 100-200m into the club. Do we really have a leg to stand on?

Talk of us being in a relegation battle if Grealish goes is wildly pessimistic. If you compare the team we will have to what we had two years ago and we're better/the same in literally every position bar Grealish.

GK: Martinez > Heaton/Reina

LB: 2021 Targett > 2019 Targett

CB: 2021 Mings = 2019 Mings

CB: 2021 Konsa > 2019 Konsa/Engels

RB: Cash > Guilbert/Elmo

CM: 2021 Luiz > 2019 Luiz

CM: 2021 McGinn = 2019 McGinn

Wingers: Bailey/Traore > Trezeguet/El Ghazi

CAM: Buendia < Grealish

ST: Watkins > Wesley

Obviously we don't know exactly where Buendia for example will play but even if Bailey is our only other major signing (and if Grealish goes he won't be), we're in MUCH better shape. Very real chance that 3rd and 4th choice CMs this season could be McGinn and Nakamba. Two seasons ago it was Hourihane and Lansbury.

• Like 2

Â