The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Jack Gaughan is tier 2 according to the Man City subreddit so there's some credence behind it.

Funny how Gaughan hasn't made reference to any release clauses until now. He's full of crap.

From 4 days ago - 'negotiating down'

Just now, The_Steve said:

Funny how Gaughan hasn't made reference to any release clauses until now. He's full of crap.

From 4 days ago - 'negotiating down'

Chancers, the lot of them. 

In the absence of any verifiable facts, why not make shit up for a living. 

I notice all these connected people had no idea that the Bailey deal was so far down the line. Including the man at the back post.

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

He has had since the end of the season to tell the club he wants out but has waited until two weeks before the season starts to drop that bombshell and means any player we go for now we will be quoted silly money. AVFC has not had a single consideration from him at any point. Sorry but he doesn't get my thanks and best wishes after that 

You're assuming all of this. Have you spoke to him or do you know something I don't? Let's not jump the gun on a lad who CLEARLY loves the Villa as much as we do and buy into false assumptions made by the press.

Just now, AV82 said:

You're assuming all of this. Have you spoke to him or do you know something I don't? Let's not jump the gun on a lad who CLEARLY loves the Villa as much as we do and buy into false assumptions made by the press.

No I haven't spoke to him.

If you think Man City are bidding for him without  knowing if he is happy to move then I don't know what to say to you.

11 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

TRO like I get your drift, but how can you get the enjoyment out of football moving along those lines?

I’m not being critical, and what you’ve said isn’t untrue in the current paradigm, but it feels so sterile.

I don't think its been any different in the sense the top teams cherry pick the lesser teams best players.....its just the sums of money are different and the agents are in the players ears, like flies on a donkey and the media want their predictions to come true, for credibility.

There are so many moving factors, you have to be aware of replacing every player, Ollie could go, and we will have to replace him.....sadly its modern football, as I have said, not to get too emotionally attached, its that what consumes us.

Despite players attempts to tell us different, its their jobs and behind the scenes they see the warts 'n all.....That must have an affect on them.

from Jack standing on the terraces, to playing in the top flight with Villa....He must see a world of difference....That must affect his vulnerability and emotional standing.....eventually, its just a Job, albeit quite different from ours.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

If we signed Abraham,Alvarez, Bailey, JWP with the money as just an example......that would seriously lift my disappointment.

☺️You'd be lucky to get Abraham and JWP for £100m! That's why I can't believe our owners would accept that bid. 

14 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

No I haven't spoke to him.

If you think Man City are bidding for him without  knowing if he is happy to move then I don't know what to say to you.

It's your assumption that he's 'waited until the final two weeks to drop some kind of bombshell' that irks me. You really think he'd do that?

Let's be honest, he'd be mad to not want to go to Man City to play with some of the best players in the world and regularly challenge for silverware. However I do not for one second buy into the thought that he hasn't considered Villa during this window. He loves the club dearly and it'll pain him to leave - as it would any of us. We can't assume he's waited until the last minute. What if it were Man City doing the waiting? Why do you have to assume that Grealish doesn't care?

Yes there's plenty of reason for him to stay but there's also many reasons why he should move on and if he does choose to switch clubs it's not as simple as him not caring or chasing after $$/glory. He's a professional athlete who, like any of us, wants to perform at the very top of his game whilst able. He really can go somewhere and achieve something special. Obviously we'd all like that to be with the Villa, him included, but we have to be realistic. That's Jack's dilemma and time is running out.

Look, mate, I feel your pain and I do not want him to leave. It'll be a sad day if Jack leaves for those sharks but never forget that he loves the Villa.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

He has had since the end of the season to tell the club he wants out but has waited until two weeks before the season starts to drop that bombshell and means any player we go for now we will be quoted silly money. AVFC has not had a single consideration from him at any point. Sorry but he doesn't get my thanks and best wishes after that 

Similarly, giving us the time meant we could bid for whoever we wanted without driving the price up.

If he left 6 weeks ago we'd have had inflated fees all summer.

Not his fault we've got to two weeks before the start of the season and after £100m has rocked up to start putting bids in that aren't for ESR.

I agree it's shit timing and it depends on what the conversations with the club were like all summer. If he's led them on and then dumped us then yes I agree. But I imagine that's not the case

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Maybe he didn't want out until a massive bid from City in the last couple of days. Maybe he still doesn't want out. 

He hasn't dropped any 'bombshell' that anyone knows about. 

• Like 2

Still so much we don't know about what's gone on behind the scenes.

Maybe he wanted to go last summer and we could only convince him to sign a new contract if there was a release clause, or an informal agreement with Dean and the owners that if a club came with £100m he could go

Might have said he was going to go at the start of this window but the club decided to give him time to change his mind and reckoned they could get business done that was necessary with or without him this season

Maybe his legs are actually in an awful state and we reckon £100m now is actually a steal and it's better to have a clean break now rather than 2-3 seasons of our main man being out for half the games

I just know the owners will value Jack just as highly as anyone on here and have no illusions about how absolutely massive for us he has been. If he goes for £100m I wouldn't blame them. Our business so far this summer has been exemplary

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Quote?

Â