The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

We will be ready in the future for all these scenario's.....Other teams in the normal 14 deal with it, so will we.

The trick is, not to get too emotionally attached to them, sure its ok for the kids too,  applause is enough......They all have their sell by date.

TRO like I get your drift, but how can you get the enjoyment out of football moving along those lines?

I’m not being critical, and what you’ve said isn’t untrue in the current paradigm, but it feels so sterile.

2 minutes ago, slovenian said:

496b81d4-2097-4430-b2cc-634986edaabc.jpg

super jack still in dubrovnik

I have it on good authority that they are laughing their tits off reading the Athletic tweets

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So according to the Express Grealish will ask for a transfer when he returns on Monday. If he does that then he goes down so far in my estimations and look forward to Matty Cash hurting him on his return to VP.

Don't expect a friendly welcome Jack.

If he felt like this he could have given the club 2 months to get players in and prepared for the new season. He can f@#k off

Sad. Most unique player we're every likely to see play for the Villa who also dragged us from the brink back to the Prem. He deserves better regardless of how or why he leaves.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So according to the Express Grealish will ask for a transfer when he returns on Monday. If he does that then he goes down so far in my estimations and look forward to Matty Cash hurting him on his return to VP.

If he felt like this he could have given the club 2 months to get players in and prepared for the new season. He can f@#k off

You could stop there.

According to the Mail, his release clause has been hit.

According to the Telegraph, Villa will accept the bid despite the club saying nothing.

Plus you would think that Man City would out out a similar Tweet like our Bailey and Buendia ones if they had agreed terms with the club.

No one is any the wiser.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

If this is true there is a clause related to a 100 million bid but not what everyone thinks.:D

Jack Gaughan is tier 2 according to the Man City subreddit so there's some credence behind it.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

Please stop quoting the Express, it is a joke rag that makes stuff up. We know a £100m bid has gone in for him, and we know that discussions are ongoing. Beyond that it’s so easy for journos to just invent plausible shite (the same stuff we can imagine ourselves) and generate clicks.

Edited by KentVillan

24 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't see Grealish as too similar to players we've lost in the past, I feel that in his case he's so good that he's the kind of player that any team could lose, like if he goes and plays as well for Man City as he has done for us then it wouldn't be a surprise to see someone like Real Madrid come in for him, or if he was already playing for a team like Arsenal, Leicester, or Spurs they'd struggle to keep him, really for how good he is and the fact that we've still got a long way to go to become as good as we're hoping to it's amazing that we've managed to keep him this long...

In a strange way I'd be more concerned at losing the likes of Konsa, Mings, Watkins and so on, not because they're more important than Grealish but because losing those players would be more comparable to when we lost the likes of Milner, Barry and Ashley Young...

Grealish is different because he's world class and for even the very best teams it's not uncommon to lose world class players.

it makes it all the more difficult to understand, why he didn't get more minutes at the Euro's.

I would say, if you are right and he is world class,( not disputing that by the way, just being devils advocate) he would score more goals.....just my take....The very top players with his skills, do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Or he requests a transfer, knowing it forgoes his loyalty bonus, thus Villa get 100% of the transfer fee. 

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Jack Gaughan is tier 2 according to the Man City sub so there's some credence behind it.

It's just a poorly worded tweet, he expects Jack to sign a 5 year deal at City next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

Sad. Most unique player we're every likely to see play for the Villa who also dragged us from the brink back to the Prem. He deserves better regardless of how or why he leaves.

He has had since the end of the season to tell the club he wants out but has waited until two weeks before the season starts to drop that bombshell and means any player we go for now we will be quoted silly money. AVFC has not had a single consideration from him at any point. Sorry but he doesn't get my thanks and best wishes after that 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Please let that be true! 

If it is, City will never do business with Grealish’s agent ever again. 

“Yes Mr. Mansour, I can promise you that there is a clause related to a bid of £100 mill that will give Jack (say this part quietly- and more importantly me) exactly what he wants.”

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

Seems like the Bailey deal won't be progressed, until this is sorted out.

seems like I was just a bit behind with my info......but happy to be wrong.

• Like 1

Â