The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

I just can’t shake the feeling that IF he does go, the biggest factor will be his chances for playing a significant role in the World Cup. Once that’s done, Jack will be almost 27 and may not have another chance. 

I think not being a starter at the Euros really hurt Jack, and whilst it’s a gamble that whether he’s playing for Villa or City he still won’t get a look in, playing at City (unfortunately) probably gives him a better chance. 

Fu***** Southgate.

Southbore must be knocking one out over all the speculation! 

2 minutes ago, will87 said:

Will be DISGUSTED with the club if they accept any kind of offer for him and DISGUSTED with him if he leaves for that soulless club. That is all.

It may be out of the club's hands if there is a clause though.

27 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

No need to believe I’m telling you it’s true. He was geared up to go had a verbal agreement in place just they wouldn’t meet our valuation. City have trumped them this year, I clarified when they met it was pre November the “my club my city” bs wasn’t even cold. 

It’s done guys he’s told the club he wants to go, that’s where this “transfer request” is coming from. 

Stella are a scum outfit sadly they also have Konsa on the books expect that to be pushed next year. 

We will be ready in the future for all these scenario's.....Other teams in the normal 14 deal with it, so will we.

The trick is, not to get too emotionally attached to them, sure its ok for the kids too,  applause is enough......They all have their sell by date.

59 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It troubles me that so many are painting Jack as a Judas when he’s still a Villa player and contacted for another four years. 

Thats unnecesary....He has created £100 mill net if he leaves, thats what I will judge him on and given us some very enjoyable moments along the way.

I just have a sneaky, sneaky feeling Dean will not be as upset as we think he might, just mt gut feeling.

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

John Percy. The most reliable Midlands football journalist around. 

People are really desperate, I get it. But there’s clearly been contact. You’re setting yourself up for a fall

I'm not setting myself up for nothing chap. If he goes he goes, it's shite, but it's football for us lower than the top 4. 

12 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I took the shell off my racing snail to make it go faster, but it just ended up more sluggish.

aerodynamics is key.

12 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What are the odds this thread will get to 3000 pages before it gets moved to other football? 

Hide contents

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488618qhkhbyxv9c5c8cbt

Reckon it will hit 3000 by Monday at this rate lol

32 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I respect you TRO but this is absolute tosh!

Explain why its tosh IYO.

Do you think its any other reason than a football reason?......do you thinks its just money?, I don't.

12 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

My take...

The timelines are different. Jack needs / wants Champions League football now, in the peak of his career. Villa do too, but we're a decade behind City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool. 

An NBA team who gets first pick in the draft, generally does so because they were the worst team the previous year. The first pick might be a generational talent, who wants to win it all. Realistically it will take that team a long time to build a roster around him to be able to compete with the mainstays of the league. 

We can't move forward as fast as Jack needs us too. Our progress has been phenomenal since NSWE came in, but this step up now to consistent European football will be the hardest and take the longest. Jack doesn't have the same amount of time to waste. 

If he goes, I dont blame him. We're both on upward trajectories, his is just faster than ours. Chukwumeka, Ramsey x 2, Barry and Bidace might be the right players, at the right time, to grow with us. Not out grow us.

Time will tell.

one of the most apt posts on here IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, will87 said:

Will be DISGUSTED with the club if they accept any kind of offer for him and DISGUSTED with him if he leaves for that soulless club. That is all.

Are you really surprised though?

I don't see Grealish as too similar to players we've lost in the past, I feel that in his case he's so good that he's the kind of player that any team could lose, like if he goes and plays as well for Man City as he has done for us then it wouldn't be a surprise to see someone like Real Madrid come in for him, or if he was already playing for a team like Arsenal, Leicester, or Spurs they'd struggle to keep him, really for how good he is and the fact that we've still got a long way to go to become as good as we're hoping to it's amazing that we've managed to keep him this long...

In a strange way I'd be more concerned at losing the likes of Konsa, Mings, Watkins and so on, not because they're more important than Grealish but because losing those players would be more comparable to when we lost the likes of Milner, Barry and Ashley Young...

Grealish is different because he's world class and for even the very best teams it's not uncommon to lose world class players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

It’s the media pushing Jack to City, not us. They wouldn’t dream of writing such content about us when pursuing our transfer targets. We were painted as being second-choice for Buendia. They’d never write that Southampton are expected to accept our offer for JWP. They are insulted that an ambitious and wealthy Villa don’t know their place. 

Very True.

One of the humble 14 trying to break in the sneaky 6.......How disgusting.

and as you say, The media are miffed with the notion of it.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

I just can’t shake the feeling that IF he does go, the biggest factor will be his chances for playing a significant role in the World Cup. Once that’s done, Jack will be almost 27 and may not have another chance. 

I think not being a starter at the Euros really hurt Jack, and whilst it’s a gamble that whether he’s playing for Villa or City he still won’t get a look in, playing at City (unfortunately) probably gives him a better chance. 

Fu***** Southgate.

It didnt stop the Likes of Phillips / Rice playing nearly every minute despite not playing for "Elite" clubs and it also didnt stop the likes of Chilwell / Foden / James hardly featuring at all despite only recently having played in the CL Final (you can throw Sancho into the mix as well)

Edited by Corleone
  • Thanks 1

Â