The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

54 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Agreed . Beside losing our best platter & captain , of more is the morale of team would be greatly affected. 

Maybe our owners should top up another 20m and bid 120m for Foden. Of course he wouldn’t come but at least we made a strong statement & shows the Konsa/ Emi/ Buendia our ambition. 

This is just the weirdest take.

How does bidding an amount we can’t afford for a player who will have zero intention of coming display anything but amateurism.

If the one player with any real affinity to the club (been here since he was 6, family all Villa fans) is leaving at the first opportunity - then what makes you think ‘ambition’ will keep anyone else.

We’re a feeder club at the moment and miles off challenging the top four.

However I don’t think it’s a coincidence City have swooped in for our best player. I think we are becoming more of a future ‘threat’. They cherry-picked us when we were last competitive. I think Jack is great, but damaging us is part of the allure for City in my opinion. 

This club is so much bigger than Jack Grealish - just got to hope the people in charge know what they are doing and reinvest this money to make us stronger.

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Sounds generous. 

8 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Easy money Dave many have taken as now into 11/4

Only 2 weeks ago he was best price 13/8. Those odds are very tasty indeed, but I would still proceed with caution.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

IF the Grealish bid is accepted by Villa... Guardiola will have spent £918m on transfers since he joined Man City in 2016 

Ffp my arse. This sport is a joke.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's mental.

I could’ve won the league spending that amount. Not that he’s not a great manager, but how can you fail when you’re spending money like that?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

IF the Grealish bid is accepted by Villa... Guardiola will have spent £918m on transfers since he joined Man City in 2016 

But... FFP... They are seriously on the screw with finances! 

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Only 2 weeks ago he was best price 13/8. Those odds are very tasty indeed, but I would still proceed with caution.

£390 invested so far, will not be having any more now

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'll be so surprised if we accept a bid without it being a clause.

Big misreading of what it'll do to the atmosphere of VP with fans on the way back. It could become a place the players hate playing incredibly quickly, especially with two winnable games first up.

I'm certain we could hold off until January or even next summer and he'll still be worth £150m, like he is right now. Plus starting the season with him means we'll likely be a much better and sitting in the top 6 or 7 from the off.

We're throwing a huge anchor into the ground.

I'm concerned.

There's a clause/agreement

14 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I wonder how many players that amount covered?

I know this sort of comparison doesn’t go down well, but imagine if that money would’ve been spent on something, you know, important. 

2 minutes ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

The net spend in that time is around £530m.

Don't know how the poor bloke can be expected to win the CL working within these limitations.

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I wonder how many players that amount covered?

I know this sort of comparison doesn’t go down well, but imagine if that money would’ve been spent on something, you know, important. 

Gear, booze and brasses ? 

8 minutes ago, macandally said:

I get the whole “emotion” of losing “one of our own”, however, Jack has become a single point of failure within the team due to everything going through him.  When it works, he is brilliant and results are clear, when he is marked out of game or injured, we look lost.

Question is, do we keep a player who has an ongoing problem but is a game changer, or take a chunk of money and increase the resilience of the team to remove that dependency on jack?

He still has to pass a medical at City, given his ongoing issues, this is not nailed on yet and the club needs to take the emotion out of the situation and be clinical in their thinking.  If they are, there is still potential for us to keep improving whatever happens.

Very good post.

That's the hope yes, that we can not be too reliant on one man with shins made of chalk.

I'm yet to be convinced by our new recruitment team though.

Smith heavily involved in Watkins and Cash. Cutler heavily involved in Martinez (no real problem with this, keeper is a bit of a different thing).

Sanson I think will prove good value for £14m, but I'm less convinced of £20m Traore replicating his output with such fundamentals like pace lacking. Hopefully they'll both prove good investments.

Bailey has clearly been shopped round by his agent and is now our #1 target?

Ward-Prowse and McNeil good players but will be incredibly expensive and are hardly the work of a expansive scouting network.

I think we're selling him a year early. Obviously, 10 years too early as well, but there's such a chance to make a real go at the top 6 and get ourselves in a position to attract the next level of player.

• Like 1

Â