The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

57 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I hope this is just to not get a significant loyalty bonus from us as this is so close to done anyway. 

This is shocking! I read the whole article… at no point do they even mention anything about Grealish to ‘hand in Aston Villa transfer request’ literally no reference to it or suggestion anywhere in the article. This crap cannot be allowed and we should not be gullible enough to believe it or at least make sure we read the articles.

it’s all guff, he won’t hand in a request, he won’t rock the boat, it’s if NSWE accept the “offer”, which they won’t. 

City will then go back for Harry Kane, they are just looking to make their annual Marquee signing to keep the plastics happy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Here’s a question (I don’t know the answer, but interested in what you think)

If Grealish could only manage 20 games a season for the next few years, would he be more valuable to us than a slightly less talented player with a better injury record, who manages 30+ games a season?

I wonder if this is the cold calculation the owners are making. And possibly Jack himself is also thinking that City will be better placed to look after his shins, because they can rotate, and still use him in the big games he wants to star in.

Yes, he would be. Incredible talent - basically irreplaceable.

• Like 1

Just now, KentVillan said:

Here’s a question (I don’t know the answer, but interested in what you think)

If Grealish could only manage 20 games a season for the next few years, would he be more valuable to us than a slightly less talented player with a better injury record, who manages 30+ games a season?

I wonder if this is the cold calculation the owners are making. And possibly Jack himself is also thinking that City will be better placed to look after his shins, because they can rotate, and still use him in the big games he wants to star in.

If he could only manage 20 games a season for the next few years I'd definitely sell for £100m. At times last season it became a bit of a sideshow.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

Faith clause lol. Imagine associating a release clause with faith.

Silly me, when I was signing my marriage certificate I ought to have inserted a clause allowing me to leave her for another woman AND benefit financially from it.

18 minutes ago, Mantis said:

No I agree, but some people will be looking to blame them unless it's blindingly obvious that Jack was pushing for this.

Jacks been pushing for a move away for years remember how gutted he was not to go to Spurs then last season he was trying to engineer a move to Utd. He might have been a Villa fan as a kid but he job is to make Jack grealish as rich a possible. 
the key to this is making sure we spend the money well and this could be the best thing to ever happen to us. Spend it badly and we look stupid 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Never played in the CL or the highest level... He won't reach neymar / mbappe money 

Overtaking coutinho would be mad enough for me 

CL he hasn't, but he would walk into any champions league team tbf.

I would say Neymar/Mbappe are in the £200m club.

I think on par with a Courtino fee would be about right. Let's face it, we're dealing with the Lionel Messi of the premier league here, he shouldn't be cheap and £100m is way off the valuation imo.

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

Faith clause lol. Imagine associating a release clause with faith.

Silly me, when I was signing my marriage certificate I ought to have inserted a clause allowing me to leave her for another woman AND benefit financially from it.

If you were female it's inserted automatically... 

I think we are all guilty at looking at past windows with a Villa perspective and not the player

In 2018 had Spurs put a sensible bid in before the NWSE takeover  of 20 million plus,  he would have left without doubt. He would have only been seen as a promising youngster at Spurs but at the time looked miles ahead of us.

In 2019 he needed a full season in the prem to show himself to potential suitors that he was a top quality player. And he basically kept us up. Had city put a bid in before his new contract we would have probably sold him for about 70-80 million. No bid was made so his agent probably advised him to sign a big fat new contract and to try and get in the England squad.

The Euros has massively increased his media value and is now a 'england star'. His head was probably also turned a bit with the other CL players and his agent has obviously been pulling the string with City to encourage them to make a bid serious enough for Villa to let him go.

Any professional footballer is never, going to have the same attachment to a club even if they have been through the system. At the end of the day its a career and he wants to achieve as much as he can and will achieve more at City than us. 

All the fluffy he is one of us and photos of him at Villa Park was just marketing guff to make us feel happy and buy season tickets,

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

IF the Grealish bid is accepted by Villa... Guardiola will have spent £918m on transfers since he joined Man City in 2016 

More then the entire lower English football pyramid combined and then some. 

Edited by Tommo_b

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

One way or another I'd like this to be resolved by Monday. Either get him over for a medical, or with a pen in his hand for a new contract. We need this **** sorted so we can get on with recruitment and be ready for the season.

Monday will be telling. I very much doubt he returns to BMH on Monday, knowing he's leaving.

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

IF the Grealish bid is accepted by Villa... Guardiola will have spent £918m on transfers since he joined Man City in 2016 

But to hear him go on, they’ve never got a pot to piss in.

• Like 1

Â