The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Why would NSWE ever look bad from this? They've done everything in their power to keep him to date really 

No I agree, but some people will be looking to blame them unless it's blindingly obvious that Jack was pushing for this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Had time to calm down.

I'm still not convinced he won't weigh everything up and decide the feeling of being at home at Villa is too much and decide to stay.

The £100m must be a release clause. Which would make the transfer request story complete rubbish. In that case, it's purely up to NSWE/Dean to convince him of their ambitions.

But part of me thinks if the money is reinvested in the right way, we could emerge stronger. And Jack's such an incredible player, a *small* part of me wants to see just how good he would undoubtedly be when surrounded by world class players. I think he would elevate City from 'just about the best' to 'another universe' and they'd win every game 5-0.

I'd love to see that happen at Villa but our owners don't seem to be wanting to break FFP rules any time soon. So we probably aren't going to be challenging for the CL within the next 2 or 3 years.

He wouldn't get my blessing to leave but I can understand it. 

I agree with everything you said. I’m preparing myself for the prospect of him leaving but I still don’t think he will. I was at Wembley for the euros final. He was warming up and literally staring at Southgate as if to say ‘bring me on you fool’, I really think that would of given him a sense of what it will be like at a team like city when you play maybe every other game. He loves to play football it’s clear to see, he will also have to keep his nose a lot cleaner than he does at villa. It’s going to be interesting what he decides because I’m sure he holds all the power.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

There's a part of me that says, " just feck off, and be done with it ". All this endless conjecture can't be good for morale amongst the troops, and with a new season upon us too.

The conjecture is on here and in the papers 

I doubt very much the players and the squad are sucked in to all the bullshit surrounding it 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Pay no attention to what this bloke says, he cries poverty near every upcoming window. 

Yep.  It’s almost as absurd as Richard Branson begging for government bailouts.  

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

No I agree, but some people will be looking to blame them unless it's blindingly obvious that Jack was pushing for this.

I don't think many on here will but the Neanderthals on social media probably will

20 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Pay no attention to what this bloke says, he cries poverty near every upcoming window. 

..and why advertise flipping 100 million is just another day at the office lol!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

No, we're asking him to give us the chance to realise our ambitions together. Something he publically subscribed to 10 months ago.

Yes he did subscribe to it 10 months ago, but I’m not even sure whether there was an offer last yr, just agent talks. 

As much as we all hope that the owners take us to the top, and I’ve no doubt they mean business. We’re still a long way off from regularly competing in champions league and competing for the title. It could easily take another 10 yrs to get there. 

I'll be so surprised if we accept a bid without it being a clause.

Big misreading of what it'll do to the atmosphere of VP with fans on the way back. It could become a place the players hate playing incredibly quickly, especially with two winnable games first up.

I'm certain we could hold off until January or even next summer and he'll still be worth £150m, like he is right now. Plus starting the season with him means we'll likely be a much better and sitting in the top 6 or 7 from the off.

We're throwing a huge anchor into the ground.

I'm concerned.

• Like 2

I'm pissed off but also more intrigued to see how Wes and Nas deal with this bearing in mind their ambitions for the club and Wes's previous dealing with the Gianni's situation. The Bucks had the same issues holding on to their star and look at them now. I don't think this is a forgone conclusion they let him go anyway. Their going to see opportunity themselves here not concern. Jack wasn't the star he now is gentlemen's agreement or not 

2 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

It is transfers like this that remind you that there is literally no romance in football except the manufactured hype we are fed by Sky.

other clubs will gloat to us I’m sure. (Despite him being an ‘overrated, diving, cheat with questionable hobbies’) But deep down they know that even if we, with ambitious, rich owners, on the ascendancy cannot hold onto a boyhood fan club hero…..they might as well not get attached to a single one of their own players. The days of Totti etc. are long gone. 

Its quite hard for a player to stay at Villa for a long time. They need to be consistently good and probably survive a few managerial changes and yet not be actually good enough for a top 6 team to buy him.  After Jack who is our longest serving player- Conor? And we are probably getting rid of him. 2-3 years at Villa is usually the tops.

Edited by The Fun Factory

If he goes this summer then I will be fecked off. Less than a year ago he was happy to commit to the club for more pay for 5 years after the club clinged on for league survival. The club then invests well on new players, as well as paying him extra. The club progresses nicely and makes another astute signing in Buendia this summer to help lighten the load on Jack. 

If last season was more struggle and little progress, I could understand but we're heading in the right direction and a few more top class additions this summer would have us banging on the door for top 6.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

..and why advertise flipping 100 million is just another day at the office lol!!!!!!

Big season for Baldy at Plasticos. Surely a Champion League title now? How much more money does he need to win that!? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Over at Bluemoon they have a post up saying that Jack triggered his own release clause.

To trigger his own release clause wouldn't he have to pay it? He ain't got that 

This also isn't la liga with their weird thing 

• Like 1

Here’s a question (I don’t know the answer, but interested in what you think)

If Grealish could only manage 20 games a season for the next few years, would he be more valuable to us than a slightly less talented player with a better injury record, who manages 30+ games a season?

I wonder if this is the cold calculation the owners are making. And possibly Jack himself is also thinking that City will be better placed to look after his shins, because they can rotate, and still use him in the big games he wants to star in.

Â