The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I hope this is just to not get a significant loyalty bonus from us as this is so close to done anyway. 

Pure clickbait. Loads of irate villa fans commenting and clicking through to the site. Shameless rag. 

Edited by The Other Mat
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Enda said:

I think you’re right. Jack might thrive at City.

Or, having never played for a different club, he might flounder and struggle when he’s not the big boy anymore. We’ve seen it happen. Wishful thinking maybe, but it’s not out of the question that we’re getting the better half of the deal.

I don't think he will. He'll be playing with world class players and in a system that will take his game to the next level.  He won't flop. He's an incredibly talented player.

I see many think he'll play on the left wing, but I see him playing more in midfield in a rotation with KDB and Gundo.  No doubt he'll play wide occasionally though.

I also see concerns around Jack's shin problems, well given City play in excess of 50 games a season and have a very good squad there is no need for him to play in every fixture (which he won't) so he'll get decent breaks to keep him fit.

Spend the 100 million wisely.  Don't be like Spurs/Bale.

• Like 2

Just now, The Other Mat said:

Pure clickbait. Loads of irate villa fans, commenting and clicking through to the site. Shameless rag. 

If you see Express Sport, Daily Mail, TalkSport, just ignore it. It's all clickbait, I don't know why people react to it. 

• Like 3

I'm particularly miserable about this, in the short term anyway. We have the backing to bounce back from this, but I think it will see us really struggle for the upcoming season. Particularly if we'll be super reliant on any new recruits to hit the ground running. 

I think he'll smash it at City to be honest. The guy is a brilliant player.

• Like 1

It’s a shame how this is playing out. We were just starting to get a settled squad built around Jack.

If Jack goes it’s going to be hard to keep the project on track. Will players like Watkins, Emi, Mings stick around or will they look to move on sooner rather than later?

Hope he stays but can’t see it happening. 

6 minutes ago, jim said:

We can build a much more balanced team with £100m. Get two or three good players  in and the team will be better IMO. 

It's a lot harder though. And prices have just gone up for us due to the Jack premium.

• Like 1

It’s the last bastion of hope that there is any fairness in football. If Jack stays and we raise our middle finger to the media and to the soulless City then it’s a big score for the dreamers and shows that there is hope left in football. If we bend over the table and let the media and city enter us forcefully from behind then football is dead

Sounds like he's off than. Honestly wish him the best, great player who I really hope does well at City. Sometimes big moves don't always work out but we'll have to wait and see. Hope the fans don't give him a lot of stick. Given that it's a straight £100 million I'm guessing there was an agreement done last year for Jack to leave. Sad day but life goes on. Villa will never be a top four club when you keep selling you best players sadly. 

Think we'll struggle to work without him this season, be fascinated to see what Smith does. 

It's a difficult position for him to be in. He's choosing between guaranteed trophies and European football at City, or the chance of being an all-time legend and icon not just of Villa, but the game itself, if he stays at Villa and we make the step up we all hope for.

I can see him regretting leaving. He'll have to achieve really special things at City for it to be worth leaving the Villa for.

The timing is incredibly disappointing. He knows that if he stays, Villa make another step up next season. If he doesn't it's all about not losing more ground

Edited by jayEm
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ben1505 said:

It’s the last bastion of hope that there is any fairness in football. If Jack stays and we raise our middle finger to the media and to the soulless City then it’s a big score for the dreamers and shows that there is hope left in football. If we bend over the table and let the media and city enter us forcefully from behind then football is dead

It’s dead already unfortunately. The game is driven by money . 

• Like 1

All day every day we listen to and see media bullshit and manipulation and laugh at its obscurity. Nothing has really happened with Jack so far that doesn't happen every day. 

Some of the stuff on here is inspirational, some is funny and some is cringeworthy embarrassing for our fan base.

Burning out all those little fingers won't change a thing.

Oh and.....

IMG-20210731-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Phil Silvers

Unfortunately with a great squad of players who will develop we will become the next Southampton.

jack £100m

watkins £65m next year 

Buendia £70m year after.

Saints have actually done very well to stay in the prem the last decade.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think he'll be a superstar, largely because I think he already is

Now imagine him with more time and space to play in and better players around 

He'll be even better at villa this season if we get Bailey let alone if he was at City

Pep will turn him into a much better player.

Much like he did with Sterling.

Just now, kidlewis said:

Unfortunately with a great squad of players who will develop we will become the next Southampton.

jack £100m

watkins £65m next year 

Buendia £70m year after.

Saints have actually done very well to stay in the prem the last decade.  

Saints don’t reinvest the money, they’re a selling club by necessity.

No reason why we can’t keep progressing, but it’ll be two steps forward, one step back.

Also that Express story is just BS, they stopped being a serious newspaper about 100 years ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TH said:

It’s a shame how this is playing out. We were just starting to get a settled squad built around Jack.

If Jack goes it’s going to be hard to keep the project on track. Will players like Watkins, Emi, Mings stick around or will they look to move on sooner rather than later?

Hope he stays but can’t see it happening. 

Agreed . Beside losing our best platter & captain , of more is the morale of team would be greatly affected. 

Maybe our owners should top up another 20m and bid 120m for Foden. Of course he wouldn’t come but at least we made a strong statement & shows the Konsa/ Emi/ Buendia our ambition. 

• Like 1

If he does go I do hope it's via a release clause/transfer request or something that makes him rather than NSWE look bad. We need to be united and no player is bigger than the team.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't get why this isn't done already if there is a clause - surely the second the clause is met it is done and a medical performed? Make him show his face at BMH. He's had months away from the club and whatever he thinks for himself he will have been influenced by those around him - we need to work on him ourselves - Lange gonna smile at him like he never smiled before. 

Â