The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

What would you lot do if you we're offered a shed load of cash more to do the same job but with a different company?

My first IT job was best one I had 20 years ago on rubbish money. Did 6 month job seeker course and work experience for no money then they took me on. I was basically network admin and learned so much then went for job at Oracle. They doubled my salary and some. Got the rare opportunity to say to boss when I said I was leaving he said can we match it and I said probably not. Worst mistake I ever made. Went from network admin in small company to glorified IT furniture mover. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

What would you lot do if you we're offered a shed load of cash more to do the same job but with a different company? From personal experience, I left IBM (a company I loved as they were the company that paid for me to do my computer science degree) to go to a small consultancy on almost double pay, I never looked back even when the consultancy went bust following the credit crunch.

I see the Jack situation as a good thing for Villa, we're going to bag a load of cash. As a team we are so dependent on Jack, the opposition knew if they could contain him they would at least draw, if not win.  We will be forced to look for other creative options on the pitch. We should still be good enough to stay up. 

Maybe I am thinking glass half full?

Exciting times ahead.

#UTV

I get what you are saying, I really do, I think as has been pointed out though, this feels bigger than one crucial player leaving, it feels like a pivotal moment in the clubs history. Keep him and it sends a huge message to the league that we truly are back and mean business and we are building something special. If he goes, I think we all fear the unknown...who is next to go? What stops Watkins, Martinez, Konsa etc (all with fewer genuine ties to the club) from leaving next season or the one after? Do we fall into a cycle of recruting well and sell for higher prices and repeat? It massively tests our recruitment strategy for sure and if the club have a great deal of faith in our youngsters filling key gaps then great, amazing, but that will still take time and losing Jack feels like it will leave a cloud, a gloom that will likely be hard to shift for some time. I hope this is not the reality and maybe plans are already afoot to replace him. Maybe he stays? We all hope so. Time will tell. I feel flat at the thought of losing him for sure but our club will remain and always will. UTV

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

My first IT job was best one I had 20 years ago on rubbish money. Did 6 month job seeker course and work experience for no money then they took me on. I was basically network admin and learned so much then went for job at Oracle. They doubled my salary and some. Got the rare opportunity to say to boss when I said I was leaving he said can we match it and I said probably not. Worst mistake I ever made. Went from network admin in small company to glorified IT furniture mover. 

My first job was also my best by far. You don't realise it at the time either :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Who did they spend the money on?

Sold Coutinho for 121m and Sakho for 25m that summer.

Bought Van Dijk - 75m, Salah - 38m, Chamberlain - 34m, Robertson - 8m.

Next summer they sold Solanke for 20m, and bought Allison - 56m, Fabinho - 40m & Kieta for 54m.

140m ish net spend over the 2 summers.

Edited by MaVilla

Someone should gently highlight to Grealish that if he leaves, theres high chances we would be snatching back the title from an aging Man city side in few years time when our younger players develop , as most of our players are 22-23 the Buendia, Konsa, Watkins, Luis  etc ( Argentina kid/Bailey etc if we sign ). The KDB/ Gundogan/Fernando Silva etc is only going downhill from here… 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I genuinely think he will flop at City, Smith lets him play how he wants. At City Pep micro management wont allow him to do that, will also see him get less of the ball

I'm not sure he will flop, but I'm not convinced he will live up to the hype that comes with that price. 

All about what we do with the money now, as gutted as I am to see him go, particularly to those tosspots, there’s been an air of inevitability about this for some time now.

I think in the short term it helps our visibility and brand awareness, it’s a signal to other players that they can come here, make a name for themselves and get a big money move later down the line, it moves the needle on us that bit further along the food chain (as it did for Spurs when they sold bale).

Thanks for the memories Jack, just don’t go to ground for a soft penalty in front of the holte, that’s the only way he loses me as a fan/supporter/follower/admirer or whatever the right terminology is now.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I genuinely think he will flop at City, Smith lets him play how he wants. At City Pep micro management wont allow him to do that, will also see him get less of the ball

God forbid he gets subbed off. We all remember last season how that went down. Was embarrassing as hell as a football fan in general

Â