The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, nick76 said:

but has Jack decided to leave?  Nobody knows

IMO - evidently yes. Probably reluctantly (advisors convincing him that this is his moment to shine for the various commercial deals he will get playing in the CL for a club challenging the title)

No rebuttal by him

Previously acknowledged that he had his head turned by Spurs.

No rebuttal last year when it was rumoured and no bid was made.

It’s not like I want to sell him. I am absolutely gutted at the idea of him leaving to such a plastic team, I remember how gutted I was as a kid losing Yorke….and then later on losing Barry/Young.

I just think turning on the club..who also I don’t think want to sell him in an ideal world is helpful. I can’t hate Grealish even personally….my disdain is reserved for 

- His advisors

- FIFA for not regulating City

- The lack of romance in the sport I love.

- the rival moron fans who will pile in now having told us how crap and overrated he is for years. 

12 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Can you imagine the status he'd be held in if he signed a new deal after all this!? Even in their heyday, Jesus and God himself would come off 2nd best. 

'Even in their heydey' LOL

2 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

What would you lot do if you we're offered a shed load of cash more to do the same job but with a different company? From personal experience, I left IBM (a company I loved as they were the company that paid for me to do my computer science degree) to go to a small consultancy on almost double pay, I never looked back even when the consultancy went bust following the credit crunch.

I have actually been in this position.  I was earning fantastic money and got offered a lot more at another company but turned it down because I loved working with the people I worked with and the job I was doing.  I'm incredibly ambitious but I also know friends who earn great money and are not happy in their jobs and for me earning the money, potential for progression and being happy with the people I worked with meant more than the payrise at that time.  Jack has that ten fold in that he's living his dream (and our dream), paid incredibly money at a club that loves him and are massively progressing and he's close to his family here.  Why would you want to give that up?  It could go so well at Man City but there is also a high chance it could go so badly!  Plus to leave your boyhood club and potential legendary status adds more to the emotion for him. 

• Like 1

Don’t let it engulf your weekend people. Nothing we can do or say will change the outcome. Let’s face it he could of left years ago. Would we back where we are without him? Probably not. Would it be great if he stays? Yes. Would £100 million improve us? Possibly. Their is so many variables it’s not worth spending too much time thinking about it. It is what it will be. UTV

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

explain, I am intrigued 

Anger Management, a Jack Nicholson film. Its a word he says over and over in a sentence to calm himself down when he starts to get angry. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

It's from the movie Anger Management. The word is inuit and meant to be a calming mantra. 

Cheers, you learn something new every day 

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Reputable posters on here writing obituaries before the lads even landed back in the country. 

I have £200 on him to stay at 7/2 

Love it mate, hope it comes in for you. UTV

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

IMO - evidently yes

that's a contradiction!  we have absolutely no evidence of this

3 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Previously acknowledged that he had his head turned by Spurs.

Wow, completely different situation for 1000's of reasons that have been discussed before

4 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

No rebuttal last year when it was rumoured and no bid was made.

Eh? dont even know what this means

4 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

I can’t hate Grealish even personally….my disdain is reserved for 

- His advisors

- FIFA for not regulating City

- The lack of romance in the sport I love.

- the rival moron fans who will pile in now having told us how crap and overrated he is for years. 

It would be his decision, if the club are forced to accept the bid it is totally Jack's decision.  He cant blame anybody else, this is solely his decision!  He can say Yes or No.  He doesnt get to blame anybody else, this is his decision, not his advisors or FIFA or raomance of the sport or rival fans.  Jack is the one who makes the choice. 

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

It drives me crazy when I see Villa fans saying they won't blame him for going as it gives him chance to win trophies. 

If a bloke moves in a 3 bed detached house down the road and he's better looking than you with a better job, car and bank balance etc, would you wish your missus well and understand if she left you to go live with him? 

Your analogy is perfect, but you’ve got the wrong PERSPECTIVE.

Now run through it again from the point of view of the missus.

No one is saying that they WANT him to leave. They are saying they can understand WHY he would leave.

Back to your analogy - she ain’t just walking off, the good looking fella is giving you £1m for her. You think she’s worth £2m.

12 minutes ago, Tayls said:

How would you feel about it all?  

Like, I said, I want him to stay. I expect him to stay. I can't preempt how I'd feel if he left,  but it wouldn't be nice. I wouldn't wish him well, folliw his career with interest,  understand his ambition or any of that bollicks, that's for sure. 

Him leaving now actually hurts Villa. More than many might realise. And I have absolutely no sympathy for it. I only care about Villa.

This is a pivotal moment, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Soooo. Nothing has changed really? The bid appears to have been confirmed at £100m is all. NSWE can reject it seeing as no release clause has been confirmed and Jack could still tell his agent to go and bollock off. 

All the rest is conjecture. I'm pretty sure NSWE aren't daft.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

I don’t want to sell him at all.

I also realise from experience as a football fan that holding a player when they’ve decided they want to leave…ends badly.

Think I will.always remember Zaha kicked up a fuss to leave for Everton - about 2 seasons ago.

Never happened and he is still at Palace. 

Ditto Suarez one season extra at Pool

Ditto Mahrez and ended up staying at Leicester another 6 months.

The club are in the driving seat. They don't need to sell and have a 4 yr contract- simple no  to the offer- not for sale at any price 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thug said:

Your analogy is perfect, but you’ve got the wrong PERSPECTIVE.

Now run through it again from the point of view of the missus.

No one is saying that they WANT him to leave. They are saying they can understand WHY he would leave.

Back to your analogy - she ain’t just walking off, the good looking fella is giving you £1m for her. You think she’s worth £2m.

No charge for mine

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Leave when we got relegated and I understand.

Leave when we just survived our first season back and I understand.

Leave with two weeks before new season, in which we made huge strides in the season before (tempered only by your injury) and when we've already shown ambition in the transfer market... no, don't understand.

All that makes me think is it was never about Villa and about the best deal for him. Agent says wait til Euros, bigger contract etc. The project is more alive now then when he 'bought in to it' so to leave now shows it was rubbish PR talk.

We're on verge or making a massive step and he leaves now and we're back a year or two. Buendia is around the same level in my opinion but one of those in a team can be nullified, two is scary. He stays and Europe is not a possibility, we'd be favourites.

So no, no hero talk for me if he leaves.... and no retiring the shirt 🤣

It annoys me when you run out of likes on this site. This is spot on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Jack wants to be a Villa legend!  You earn being a legend, it's not all about being the best player, it's not always about the highest paid or the one with the most medals. 

To be a Villa legend, which Jack could someday be at Villa Park if he stays there something more to it. 

If he leaves he will never attain that, if he decides to stay he can become a legend like Ian Taylor

Ian Taylor.JPG

Ian is such a good man. How can anyone not love him.

• Like 2

Â