The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

One thing I’ve come to realise over the last 24 hours is that to break into the top 6 you need to do it quickly, ideally in one season. Go from obscurity to renown in one season. 

You can’t do it slowly, cos your team will be picked apart before you get there, and before your club gains enough credibility to attract world class talent. 

It’s a rigged game, and frankly after this summer i’m a millimetre away from walking away from football for good.

Very true. It’s Leicester’s way or nothing.

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

One thing I’ve come to realise over the last 24 hours is that to break into the top 6 you need to do it quickly, ideally in one season. Go from obscurity to renown in one season. 

You can’t do it slowly, cos your team will be picked apart before you get there, and before your club gains enough credibility to attract world class talent. 

It’s a rigged game, and frankly after this summer i’m a millimetre away from walking away from football for good.

unfortunately this is so true. we made great strides last season...but not enough. ironically if jack hadn't been injured i don't think he'd be leaving. we'd have gotten top 7 at least

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Did City even put a bid in for Kane? Surely that’s who they want more. 

Apparently they put in £100m for Kane. 

It would be really really funny if they get to 31st August and make no signings. 

10 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

You can't pin all your hopes on a mercurial player who usually misses a third of a season.

That is why i don't think Grealish will be the key player at City. He might do a few tricks and flicks and sell lots of shirts but I can see him moving on a 2-3 years time. Maybe back to us.

If he goes city I wouldn't want him back under any circumstances. Make your bed lie in it. You cannot leave in this manner and expected to be welcomed back when you've won a couple trophies elsewhere. This isn't an Ashley young scenario. Fans won't forgive him. Especially if we struggle in his absence.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I don't think we booed him, until THAT dive. We all wished him well when he left. He gives us nearly 4 seasons as our best player, and treated the club and fans well when he left. 

The difference between him and Jack, he never claimed.to be Villa through and through. And we can't blame him for wanting to leave at the time as it was clear we were a club in decline. Now we are on the up! Top 6 is realistic with a couple more in and Jack staying.

We might not have booed the entire time, but I don’t think anyone particularly cared what direction his career took from that point. For me, the interest goes as soon as a player leaves us… I just really struggle to give a crap… maybe I’m a bit harsh. 

Edited by Tayls

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

100%!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khizzy said:

If he leaves he'll most likely destroy the hero status he has in the city of Birmingham (and the surrounding areas) amongst a massive Villa fanbase, obviously being the main man around here is a big thing for him and to lose that might hurt him as he'll be treated with derision upon his return or even retirement. Will he care? Only time will tell.

Yep football is only a short career, after that he may have some medals with City but his rep, which he loves will be tarnished and be seen in the negative way around Brum for decades to come.  Not sure he'd want that.

1 minute ago, supermon said:

As if the Daily Fail know any of the details lol. 

Even the other "reports" have conceded that the clubs have declined to comment. 

No one knows anything. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

If he goes city I wouldn't want him back under any circumstances. Make your bed lie in it. You cannot leave in this manner and expected to be welcomed back when you've won a couple trophies elsewhere. This isn't an Ashley young scenario. Fans won't forgive him. Especially if we struggle in his absence.

Totally agree, if he goes then he needs to stay gone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We support the team of course but anybody that leaves on a bad note will certainly be wished ill.  This is football, if you dont think that will happen then you watch a different game to me and go to different grounds to me.  When players leave in a manner like this would be then he will be booed and name called, that's just reality.  He will not be one of us!

do you think there is aclause like daily mail says

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I think this is a bit OTT. The ‘manner’ he is leaving is after 20 years with the club, to the best team in the country and for a English transfer record. I’m upset too but with time the fan base would forgive. Especially if we reinvest the fee properly on improving the squad.

• Like 3

It is transfers like this that remind you that there is literally no romance in football except the manufactured hype we are fed by Sky.

other clubs will gloat to us I’m sure. (Despite him being an ‘overrated, diving, cheat with questionable hobbies’) But deep down they know that even if we, with ambitious, rich owners, on the ascendancy cannot hold onto a boyhood fan club hero…..they might as well not get attached to a single one of their own players. The days of Totti etc. are long gone. 

Edited by Djemba_Villan

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

do you think there is aclause like daily mail says

nope because we would've known by now.  Everything is a bid from what we have heard.  You dont bid, you activate or buy out the clause, fundamentally different wording.  Daily Mail is talking out of their back side.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm still not sure what manner he's leaving under 

And people are kidding themselves, he'll be perfectly fine at city, front and centre of their marketing, he'll be absolutely huge for them on and off the pitch, look at some of the hyperbolic guff that was on here during the euros, now that's been binned off and people think he'll be nothing special at city? No chance, world's his oyster 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Sorry, that is just plain silly

100%

None of this has anything whatsoever to do with Smith, apart from having his playing squad **** over for next year.

I also sincerely hope that when people get over the initial hype of the move…

they do remember a player who literally dragged us out of the championship back to a stable PL club (with the help of owners that created an environment we didn’t NEED to sell him)

Every player has their price. £100m is pure profit we all need to remember too. How many regular transfers would that typically take?

I’ve no idea how to quote tweets but what annoys me about that Romano bloke is in his tweet he put “Medical ready if bid is accepted”, how hard is it to get a medical ready?! Like what a load of horse crap that sentence is.

They have no idea when the bid or if the bid will be accepted, so no idea on the day… yet the medical is ready… so they are all sat in the medical room just waiting for a few days… horse crap. 

• Like 1

Â