The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

For months the media have been saying that Villa will sell for £100m. If there’s no buy out clause, then how can they possibly know that? I call bs on the whole scenario. The media are clutching at straws. Trust in NSWE.

NSWE are the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. These people do not rollover for anybody let alone a sporting rival. I suspect they will speak to Jack and then issue a statement, before that every thing we hear it’s going to be smoke and mirrors

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

My 9 year old boy got a bit upset at JT leaving so I thought I better prepare him for Jack. I mentioned it casually the other night that it looked like he might be off to City. He firstly looked crushed but then said “but we still have Ollie Watkins, and Tyrone Mings, and John McGinn and that goalkeeper who helped Messi win a trophy, and that new player”. It cheered me up a bit actually.

Well done to your boy, what a great young man. He seems to have a more balanced view than 95% of people on here. Badge on the front always trumps the name on the back son. There’ll be plenty of heroes in Villa shirts over the years to come, some remembered more than others, but that badge, that rampant lion, those colours, will always be ours. 

Thank your lad for me, made my day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In the few pics I've seen of Jack on holiday he looks pretty chilled. If I was on the verge of a massive transfer I don't think I would be. I'd be keeping a low profile, house hunting etc. 

I really don't want him to go. Not so much for the football he offers, more for the fairytale, the going against the grain and sticking 2 fingers up to the bullies. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why the f*** has Jack felt the need to go on holiday for the best part of 3 weeks, only to then come back and tell us he isn’t coming back - 2 weeks before the start of the season. 

I get it, transfers are complicated and drawn out affairs but has Jack, self confessed super fan, managed this the right way? The way you’d manage it if you loved the club?

I have no idea how this will play out but if we accept £100m and Grealish leaves, it’s f***** bullsh*t and Jack is just another footballer who had a couple of decent seasons in a Villa shirt. 

Villa fan? My arse. 

Agree, you would think it would be far more important to get his future sorted than go on a European tour for 3 weeks. We should have put a deadline on any deal. Not having this sorted with the start of the season only 2 weeks away is ridiculous.

Just now, WHY said:

Agree, you would think it would be far more important to get his future sorted than go on a European tour for 3 weeks. We should have put a deadline on any deal. Not having this sorted with the start of the season only 2 weeks away is ridiculous.

Which is perversely the reason I think he’s going nowhere. We are not that club anymore

Both clubs have declined to comment, but somehow they know we'll accept the bid.

Irrespective, I hope Jack turns up to Bodymoor tomorrow and is taken over to Villa Park. Walk him out onto the pitch and ask him to imagine the Holte End booing him.

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Both clubs have declined to comment, but somehow they know we'll accept the bid.

Because both clubs seem well run and professional.

This isn't the Jordan Sancho saga.

The amount of so called ITK crap being ridden about Jack and City is beyond stupid, apparently every man and his three legged dog as an exclusive. Just goes to show how easy it is to write any old crap.

Just chill folks and wait till we hear anything official. 

• Like 2

Whatever happens as a club we can't base our ambition around one player. Of course things are much more promising with Jack in our side but as a club what is more important is that we develop at identity, and that identity can't be built upon a single player.

Several other side's such as Leicester, Leeds, and West Ham don't have Jack. Does that curtail their hopes and ambition, no it doesn't. They have an identity, a plan and we need to have the same. It was very apparent last season we struggle without Jack. The players didn't know what to do without their conductor. We need to be better than that, even if Jack stays we can't be so reliant on him. 

If we does leave the crucial thing is how we invest the money, it's really difficult. We may get it badly wrong but other clubs have succeeded in the past and it has helped them grow further as a side. None of those players were as important as Jack is to us but we can do it too.

The promising thing is we do have a philosophy being built from the youth system up, this may slow our progress slightly this season but hopefully as a club in a few years time we will have built a solid foundation and identity.

If Jack leaves hopefully he comes to rue the decision on a few years time. Hopefully we still progress and win some trophies, and even if Jack was to win premier League titles with City he'd be thinking I wish that was me, I was I was the captain leading my boyhood club to glory. 

Or we could just continue to be another team that competes but ultimately never wins anything.

Whatever happens I have full faith in our owners and our management team.

• Like 4

It’s bugging me more than it should. With the season starting for us 2 weeks today for him to leave now is a massive slap in the face. 

I will lose some faith in the owners too if this goes through. It’s hard not to. 

I remember when they came in we heard a lot of “buying players who we can build, develop and raise their value”... guess it means no matter who steps up next could be off if the £’s is right?

Lets hope this has an ESW ending. I can’t see it myself. 

Â