The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah I agree a similar situation.

There's way more noises in this deal though, and ESR was never gonna leave a boyhood club to join a club who finished below them.

This is a team who won the league, played in  the Champions League final is coached by Pep Guardiola and have KDB, Jacks favorite player there.

City will give him a super contract. They can offer wages we simply cannot compete with.

Jack is a Villa fan but he is also a professional footballer who is driven and wants to win things and the sad reality is he is highly unlikely to win anything with Aston Villa.

I'd love for him to do a Le Tissier but as of now I am pretty certain he will be gone.

Fair points pal but I hope you're wrong.

14 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

That's the thing, were we negotiating?

Maybe we said "how about 30m for ESR?" and Arsenal said no.

We then said "ok, how about 35?" and they said no and that was that.

Media went into frenzy for a few days, VillaTalk was full of fish puns and Kenneth Williams GIFs but it might not have been a "negotiation".

I'm hoping that the Jack saga is not a negotiation either.

It really could be the same scenario, clubs like ours do not conduct our business on social media(wish SM would go back in to the hole it crawl out from) and if we are prepared to just keep saying no then Jack cannot leave. He'll sign a new deal, get on with it and probably say there were other opportunities but I'm Villa, its my club and my city. The media storm will be great for business exposure is he stays.

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Nothing we didn’t know really.

Lol neither club commenting… so how can you have an “Exclusive” saying expecting Villa to accept the bid, so much made up bollocks just to stoke the “top 6” egos. 

If nothing else this whole scenario is making Safegate look increasingly stupid. The greatest manager of his generation is falling over himself to smash all records to try and sign Jack whilst Safegate didn’t even pick him for England until a few months ago!

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why the f*** has Jack felt the need to go on holiday for the best part of 3 weeks, only to then come back and tell us he isn’t coming back - 2 weeks before the start of the season. 

This has annoyed me too.

Obviously I’ll be sad if he leaves but I would certainly understand if he chooses too. He’s nearly 26, about to have his prime years and they will be wasted pottering around mid table with us.

I realise some Villa fans will take this very hard but it is just football. I hope we don’t see the cringey “I never loved you anyway stuff” if he goes.

• Like 1

At the moment all news is based on journalists assumption we would accept £100m. That’s a pretty logical assumption for a journalist to make, it would be extraordinary for a mid table club to turn down a British record transfer fee. 

The only thing known however is that City have bid. 

It’s not actually known what our response is or Grealish’s reaction. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 3

For months the media have been saying that Villa will sell for £100m. If there’s no buy out clause, then how can they possibly know that? I call bs on the whole scenario. The media are clutching at straws. Trust in NSWE.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â