The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If/when jack leaves I’m afraid it leaves the owners in a really poor light.

Failure to convince Jack to stay and a failure to have the strength to basically say no to a sale.

I could accept the above due to the reality of football but what I can’t accept is the complete and abject failure to prepare for this scenario by getting our business done first to avoid the grealish premium that’s basically going to turn the 100m into 80m - which is basically 1.5 Ben white’s in this market.

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

No it doesn’t. 

9 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

November 11th 1874. Aston Villa had been around 121 years before Jack Grealish was born.

I remember when Kevan started this thread and how @sir_gary_cahill raved about him

I remember his home debut in 2014. Getting kicked around by Steve Bruce's Hull KRFC. That was 140 years after AVFC was founded.

I remember him being recognized by Tim Sherwood as an amazing talent and he played Liverpool off the park in the FA Cup Semi Final

I remember Remi Garde benching him because Jack didn't understand how privileged he was and acted like a prize plum

I remember the scary freak injury on his kidney that kept him out for part of Steve Bruce's 1st full season

I remember the unpunished stomp by Ryan Fredericks that helped keep us down but in the end saved us

I remember how rejuvenated he was by Dean Smith joining Villa as Head Coach

I remember the volley against Derby when he returned after injury as Captain

I remember the 10 game winning streak

I remember him running to his disabled sister at the end of the play off final victory

I remember the weird Covid Season and his goal against West Ham in that equally weird green shirt that kept us up

I remember how we were flying before he was injured in 20-21, thrashing the Champions and beating many of the "Top 6"

I remember wishing so much for the England manager to play him more during the Euro 2020 tournament

If Jack does leave, sadly, he will be remembered less than  Andy Townsend. A captain who actually lifted a trophy for Aston Villa. He will be remembered in the same way as a Fabian Delph, or James Milner. Gareth Barry gave us 10 years and even Dwight Yorke won actual trophies with us. Jack has arguably achieved less than that. Jack becomes one notch above Christian Benteke. Have we actually seen more magic at VP than Paul Merson? Has JG done that?

It will be such a shame as so many of us who have followed his career really believed that perhaps there was still a glimmer of something good left in football. If he does leave, it's just another sad reflection of how money, capitalism, and ultimately power, has poisoned everything that we once held pure in our communities - not just football.

Good luck to him and his family. Sport is one of the few ways a working class lad can ascend to the elite financially.

It's so sad that it the rise always seems to sully everything that could make the story truly romantic.

God daaaamn.

Everything I've been thinking right there. 

I suggest reading this with Cavalleria rusticana - Intermezzo in the background.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

Failure to convince Jack to stay and a failure to have the strength to basically say no to a sale.

I could accept the above due to the reality of football but what I can’t accept is the complete and abject failure to prepare for this scenario by getting our business done first to avoid the grealish premium that’s basically going to turn the 100m into 80m - which is basically 1.5 Ben white’s in this market.

I don’t agree with your first two points. They got him to sign a new contract last year to protect him as an asset. No matter what people are saying £100m up front is a massive amount of money, especially for an injury prone player. Once clause is met, it’s not a case of persuading him. We can’t offer a guarantee of trophies or CL football which he clearly craves. Our owners have been the best thing that has happened to this club and you should not be so ungrateful.

Your second part, yes, our transfer business, which started off so brightly has become a farce. Low ball offers for ESR and JWP were an embarrassment. In fact the whole ESR saga was a complete waste of time. I’ve been more impressed with the business Palace have done.

I do think ffp has been more of a factor than we realise.  I wonder whether it became clear we wouldn’t be able to get our targets in was maybe the final nail in the coffin for Jacks thinking. Who knows? But no, blaming the owners is off limits for me.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

If Jack leaves it's on him. He's shafted us and all his talk is cheap

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’ve believed you, you sounded credible with what you say and I’ve always thought he was still here because nobody came in for him previously at the right money. The minute someone has, he’s off like a shot, I never quite got how he has always been labelled loyal, I suppose he could have forced a move previously  but I wouldn’t say that not forcing a move is the epitome of loyal.

I probably differ from most in that I think it’s gone too far now for us not to sell him. Purely based on the fact that it is clear that he and his camp have driven this and are willing to leave right before the start of our season. If it all fell through, how could he pull on the captains armband again? How could we have any self respect if we wanted him to? Unless, he literally did change his mind and signed the new contract with the bid from Man City still on the table, now that would be loyal.
As tiresome as it is, if dragging it out an extra couple of days gets us an extra 10 mil or whatever, then it’s worth it. 

Where I can’t agree with you is the vitriol you have. I’m gutted with how this has played out and disappointed in him yes, and I won’t be able to watch him in a City shirt which will be hard because he’s going to be all over every media outlet. But I can’t be doing with hate, life’s too short and I’d rather remember the good times. Becoming a toxic fan base is not the way to go. 

We have to move on, try and get some replacements in, try and not to get ripped off which will be difficult because everyone will know exactly how much we’ve got. 

There’s an opportunity here to turn this into a positive and become a proper balanced team but the recruitment will have to be spot on.

I’m angry because lots are losing faith or blaming the club, they shouldn’t it’s camp Grealish we’ve been lied to for a long time by him. 

15 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Mate it’s not the owners stop that narrative, this is camp Grealish has been every time for the last three times

The absolutely pivotal part if jack leaves without fail we must strengthen.

For me Jack's money should.get JWP, Bailey and alverez at least. Then a few loans for CB and GK.

Jack's departure if it happens could actually allow us to move forward sounds strange as I don't want him to leave like us all but imo it's true.

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

The absolutely pivotal part if jack leaves without fail we must strengthen.

For me Jack's money should.get JWP, Bailey and alverez at least. Then a few loans for CB and GK.

Jack's departure if it happens could actually allow us to move forward sounds strange as I don't want him to leave like us all but imo it's true.

We can only get players that other clubs are prepared to sell and they want to sign for us

Just now, DCJonah said:

I don't fully blame him for leaving, even though I think he's giving up the chance to be an absolute legend at our club. 

But when he goes, **** him. And I genuinely hope he fails. 

None of this bullshit those words removed down the road do with Bellingham, where they celebrate his success. 

I want him sitting on the bench looking miserable because he's failed there. **** him. 

I know he won't fail and he'll tear it up there so I won't even waste the energy. But he's basically like Delph to me. If you're going to leave, do it like Young who didn't spout off nonsense about believing in a project and only finally left when we were clearly on the way down and not going to be challenging for anything any time soon.

• Like 2

I had a dream. NSWE are old. They will drag this out and get Jack and his camp past the moment. All they need do is ensure Jack has to return to camp and make him super uncomfortable 

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I’m angry because lots are losing faith or blaming the club, they shouldn’t it’s camp Grealish we’ve been lied to for a long time by him. 

I’ve not heard anything at all from Camp Grealish!?

Â