The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

42 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

I know emotions are running high but my oh my there are a few drama queens posting on here. 

Don't know what you mean. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I think £100m is the buy-out and Villa are trying to slow City down by saying no add ons, we want big fat £100m right up front, right now.

Even City don't have that kind of capital to hand to release from their accounts. Then again, it doesn't matter does it. They're currently breaking FFP and paying £100m for a player. They'll figure it out.

Don’t be surprised if you see rumours of a money + player swap deal in the coming days for this exact reason. They can’t pay £100m up front even if NSWE decided to accept their offer. Regardless, tinfoil hat on over the 72 hours because the media are going to do their very best to cause unrest. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ponky said:

No doubt Jack is world class and losing him hurts our team immeasurably. That's a given. 

But I think the real hurt derives from the death of the fairy tale. The local kid who's a fan who rises to become a superstar and captain of the club he loves. He's living the dream every one of us has. And apparently, he's given it up the collective ambition for personal ambition and we can't really understand why. 

It's like millions of kids simultaneously discovering there's no Santa. 

We can all hate City but this would have be United or Arsenal signing him now if city and Chelsea owners hadn’t come along. I think that would have been worse.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we should keep a player that wants to leave. Don’t care who he is.  We are bigger than any one player.

So we let City show the entire league they can cherry pick our best talent at the expense of the plan we’ve been working on since the championship?

We have an opportunity to break into the big time here that we’ve not had for at least two decades.

That will end right smart next week if Jack goes. 

31 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I am so close to getting the Snake Emojis out. This is worse than Delph. 2 weeks before the start of the season! 10 months after he believed in the Villa project. Very Snakish

Already laughing stock on Twitter from other club's fans on assumption this going ahead. Thanks a bunch boyhood fan. Go to soulless oil baron fraud club for baubles and 30 pieces of silver if you must.

3 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Don’t be surprised if you see rumours of a money + player swap deal in the coming days for this exact reason. They can’t pay £100m up front even if NSWE decided to accept their offer. Regardless, tinfoil hat on over the 72 hours because the media are going to do their very best to cause unrest. 

Agreed, that's exactly what they've been doing already. Being coy on the release clause etc among other things.

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

So we let City show the entire league they can cherry pick our best talent at the expense of the plan we’ve been working on since the championship?

We have an opportunity to break into the big time here that we’ve not had for at least two decades.

That will end right smart next week if Jack goes. 

This..

it’s time for the owners to show us just how much business they mean.. that’s if they have a choice 

13 minutes ago, Ponky said:

No doubt Jack is world class and losing him hurts our team immeasurably. That's a given. 

But I think the real hurt derives from the death of the fairy tale. The local kid who's a fan who rises to become a superstar and captain of the club he loves. He's living the dream every one of us has. And apparently, he's given it up the collective ambition for personal ambition and we can't really understand why. 

It's like millions of kids simultaneously discovering there's no Santa. 

Great analogy. It's so much more than just losing our best player. 

23 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Real legend Below:
Gabriel Agbonlahor - Profilo giocatore | Transfermarkt

Yeah, how he sucked massive wages out of the club whilst allowing his body to be no longer fit for purpose as a professional sportsman as the club very nearly went out of existence was truly the work of a hero. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Can't because of FFP or can't because they don't have the money?

This is our only chance then? To ask for it all up front. Let's do that then.

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Great analogy. It's so much more than just losing our best player. 

If the romantic story of a boyhood fan hauling his club to glory and becoming a legend doesn't happen with Grealish, Villa and NWSE, it's probably never happening. 

• Like 1

wow some really charged emotions on here now.  not sure I agree with the snake posts.  this is Jack who signed a new contract last year and honoured it for a season.  He could have ficked off last year.  obviously ideal is he stays but I'm coming to terms with £100m in the bank as long as we spend it wisely.  if we get players of the quality of jwp, mcneil, Bailey etc.. and we got at least 2 of those then I think we'd be OK.  Jacks shins probably means he won't be able to give 100% in every game so building a squad of real quality rather one superstar isn't the end of the world.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Our pants are going to be pulled down now when bidding on any replacements. Don't understand why we didn't bring in the reinforcements first

That's the thing. If we could have got eg JWP for £40m, it's now going to be £50m.

So we're not going to get 3-4 top class replacements, it's going to be 2 which is why £100m isn't enough. 

• Like 1

Just  my two peneth on this, not ITK or anything and probably been said 100 times already but here goes. IF Jack goes to City (I am still in the he's not leaving boat BTW) then it will be because he wants to. It won't be down to release clauses because he could still refuse to go. It isn't down to the club wanting to sell him, they obviously don't. No, it will be Jacks decision, and that is as it should be. It is his career, he has a limited number of years to do stuff that he wants, and no doubt he will win things at City. This is the first real test of our new owners, and it is a tough one, but one that will keep on rearing it's head while we are not in the top 6 places. How are they going to respond if he leaves? Can they convince enough quality players to join who will take us to the next level or are they going to shrink back, as has always happened in my lifetime, to accepting our place in the football pecking order. Or are they going to make a real statement in player purchases like Man City did in 08/09 spending then a massive £140 million and attracting players from Real Madrid, Chelsea and Hamburg? I don't know what £140 million in todays market would cost, £300 million? And yes I know there is FFP, but it is exactly what City did to break into the top 6. It is fascinating to see how this plays out, and what it will tell us about our owners ambitions to really get us to the top of the domestic tree, or not. I suppose we won't have long to find out.

• Like 1

Â