The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Being relatively young (23 - although not for the football world!), it just seems insane that this story is getting coverage. There was barely a person in my group of friends at university who hadn't had a balloon or two. A balloon was the least of your worries to be honest. I can't believe this nickname 'hippy crack' either, as if the media are trying to make some form of link between gas and crack cocaine!  

I'd be more concerned if Jack had been photographed smoking a cigarette as I think that links to a much wider image and persona issue that's likely to reoccur (cough cough, Jack Wilshere).

Given the implications of a balloon filled with gas and the fact it was a year ago when he was barely on the radar and wouldn't have been thinking about his image, this is entirely unfair and a non issue and I sincerely hope nobody makes it into an issue. All the same, it's a good wake up call for him. He's in the spot light now and non issues to 95% of society become issues unfortunately. Keep your head down mate, work hard and enjoy the simple and finer things, but just not the things which the daily mail would gawk at... 

• Like 2

I'm so relieved to log on and read no one giving a hoot about that laughing gas story.

Seriously wtf is wrong with the media? I feel for Berahino and Sterling as well. I'm fine with them being outed as having done it, but let the clubs deal with it internally don't vilify them for it. 20 year old millionaires do something dumb. Shocker.

It really is a non story. Balloons have been around for donkeys years, they've just come io the media's attention recently because they need some more "controversy" to full pages.

They do 24 hour canister delivery services in most big cities now and about 95% of people that go to festivals will have had a dabble at some point. Really isn't a big deal.

I've had balloons and I can tell you first hand they barely do anything and there are next to no health risks. Any related deaths wouldn't be as a direct results of taking NO - you can be sure other factors would have contributed significantly.

My flat mate had 2000 of the **** for glasto last year. We got through a big chunk of it before he went... We are both still alive!

ANYONE GOT ANY CRACK!?

• Like 2

Being relatively young (23 - although not for the football world!), it just seems insane that this story is getting coverage. There was barely a person in my group of friends at university who hadn't had a balloon or two. A balloon was the least of your worries to be honest. I can't believe this nickname 'hippy crack' either, as if the media are trying to make some form of link between gas and crack cocaine!  

I'd be more concerned if Jack had been photographed smoking a cigarette as I think that links to a much wider image and persona issue that's likely to reoccur (cough cough, Jack Wilshere).

Given the implications of a balloon filled with gas and the fact it was a year ago when he was barely on the radar and wouldn't have been thinking about his image, this is entirely unfair and a non issue and I sincerely hope nobody makes it into an issue. All the same, it's a good wake up call for him. He's in the spot light now and non issues to 95% of society become issues unfortunately. Keep your head down mate, work hard and enjoy the simple and finer things, but just not the things which the daily mail would gawk at... 

Classic side effect of smoking

I hope Jack keeps the names of everyone of the hacks who have tried to use this against him and never ever gives them the time of day in his long and successful career. That also goes for the Sun newspaper and the Star.

Jack, you don't need me to point out to you that just because some people are close (mates) to you doesn't mean that they all have your best interests at heart. Someone sold that photo to the Sun work out who that was and don't let them near you again.

I'm 23 also had my fair share of balloons. Most people i consider friends have also done them at some point. I think any person who goes on a lads or girls holiday these days will have one. Not a big deal to be honest.

Since Monday I have seen mild comparrisons in this thread to Platini, Scholes, Gerard, Lamaprd, Hazard to name a few. I think the hype bus needs to slow down.

They're all wrong anyway.

Yup - not sure who I'd go for as a player he's looking to turn into. Quaresma maybe?

Whats Quasimodo got to do with grealish ?

Sorry my bad need to get my reading glasses on!

Since Monday I have seen mild comparrisons in this thread to Platini, Scholes, Gerard, Lamaprd, Hazard to name a few. I think the hype bus needs to slow down.

Yup - not sure who I'd go for as a player he's looking to turn into. Quaresma maybe?

The "hippy crack" thing is hilarious.

Literally nobody calls it that. The media have made that up and are running with it. "Also known as hippy Crack"

Only by you. Bellends.

Jesus are they really calling it that? Outrageous, in a funny way.

The way he moves, Its like playing with a Ghost in the side… 

No one can touch him, No one can get near him, No one can catch him! 

He's Quite Simply… "The Invisible Jack"

Edited by Kingman

The way he moves, Its like playing with a Ghost in the side… 

No one can touch him, No one can get near him, No one can catch him! 

He's Quite Simply… "The Invisible Jack"

Can't see that one catching on any time soon sorry fella ;) haha!

• Like 1

Â