The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I want to believe... yet it feels like it's happening. sad times to be a Villa fan

Why? They have bid, so what? and worse the rumours about 90m and kid being the bid after earlier being 100m.  You have to trust Purslow and the Owners, especially the Owners, they are going to want to lose their prize and most valuable asset.  Everything they’ve done in the last 3 years leads me to believe we will be winners from this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I feel like the people most insistent that Grealish is staying will be the ones most scathing of him if he leaves, already seen signs of that.

Not from me personally

I think the reasons for him to go there are fairly obvious

The reasons for us to sell is what I would question and probably not understand and that's nothing to do with grealish 

I can imagine the torrent of abuse fully grown men will aim at him on social media though, it'll be embarrassing, I reckon it'll also spill over to the official account and even other players, I can see mings getting abuse over Jack leaving because our village idiots will be out in full force 

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Oh right, cheers for clarifying it for me. Only taken me 36 years to see the light. Thank you.

It's shit. We make progress to near the top 6 then it gets ripped away when you are close. I trust our guys to keep going, but you need something extra to break through that barrier. Jack was that something extra that nobody else around us had.

Just now, Jareth said:

Grealish camp deleting tweets about citeh/united, Kevan Grealish deleted his twitter account - they sure are getting ready for the transfer. But we wait for Villa to speak. 

As it’s been stated multiple times - Jack has had his account since he was 16, tweets are periodically deleted. It’s got nothing to with it. It’s also entirely possible Kevan deleted to avoid abuse or comments. Neither prove anything. 

• Like 2

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Because everyone has spent all day on the thread with the occasional dip into actual, paid, contractual work you are supposed to be doing.

Yep

• Like 1

It's the whole timing that is pissing me off. 2 weeks til the season starts and we could be left having to replace our star player, which is difficult enough but also while we're in a position where other teams know we've got a fat load of money sat waiting for them. This is just a massive balls up. Maybe we sign Bailey and JWP with the Grealish money but due to inflated prices we probably wouldn't get much more from the £100m.

Just now, The_Steve said:

As it’s been stated multiple times - Jack has had his account since he was 16, tweets are periodically deleted. It’s got nothing to with it. It’s also entirely possible Kevan deleted to avoid abuse or comments. Neither prove anything. 

Honestly do not agree with that assessment - his side are preparing for the transfer. But it takes his side, Citeh and Villa to do the deal. 

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Last season, United. He said it himself (didn't name the club), but he was deliberating on it.

And rightly so as he deserves more than a relegation scrap. However we are now on the right tracks and would like to think both club and player can show faith in one another and do even better this season. If Jack wants instant gratification with City than so be it but if he's open to staying with the club he loves let's tell City where to stick their 100m. 

As I've always said though, I think he'll stay! 

11 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

So it seems like every single person on here is now resigned to him leaving. 

I’m not. 

Just now, daggy_333 said:

It's the whole timing that is pissing me off. 2 weeks til the season starts and we could be left having to replace our star player, which is difficult enough but also while we're in a position where other teams know we've got a fat load of money sat waiting for them. This is just a massive balls up. Maybe we sign Bailey and JWP with the Grealish money but due to inflated prices we probably wouldn't get much more from the £100m.

Yep, we wouldn't have much change out of that and as a team we are much worse off. It's impossible to replace his output for 100m IMO.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why? They have bid, so what? and worse the rumours about 90m and kid being the bid after earlier being 100m.  You have to trust Purslow and the Owners, especially the Owners, they are going to want to lose their prize and most valuable asset.  Everything they’ve done in the last 3 years leads me to believe we will be winners from this.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

30 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The thing is, do we really see us being able to win trophies before he turns 30?  Especially if he has a chronic shin problem already that limits the amount he can play and we've seen how hard he is to replace when he is out. We might sneak a League or FA Cup if we are lucky.

Don't see why not, I'd say the board are aiming high, we've bought an absolute fuckton of the best young players around, add 2 or 3 players that improve us year on year for 3 years on top of that and I think that's the sort of timescale Sawiri and Edens would be thinking for the first proper crack at some silverware.

Re being a selling club

It's just a shame that our owners didn't come in earlier / we didn't get top 6/7 last year. Selling him now does not mean we are forever selling. It's part of the football chain. We have benefited it ourselves from other clubs. Instead with future players, they are joining us at a much better starting point for them in our evolution. Mid table and wealthy owners designs on europe. The next kid or star we give chances to, to break through will have the chance at a better point in our longevity, and over the next 4-5 years we will have had a great chance to crack that nut and be close to mixing it with the top sides, and hopefully will have european football under our feet. 

• Like 1

Â