The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

So it seems like every single person on here is now resigned to him leaving. We haven’t even accepted a bid yet. Keep the faith. If he’s truly a Villa fan then he’s staying. 

Not me.

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Do people really think that Jesus is going to relish coming to a non champions league team?   And as someone else said his wages are going to be ludicrous.

They haven't got any other strikers.  It makes zero sense.

Hypothetically that means trimming 100K off their wage bill and a cheaper transfer for Grealish so Kane doesn't seem that unrealistic? Especially since they make up their FFP numbers anyway.

1 minute ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

True but once a player head has been turned , it can ruin his performances  and impact the spirit in the squad . If he wants to go let him go under our terms. 

Tell you what also ruins performances? 
Having all your **** good players poached by other teams. 

I’m old enough to have seen this cycle over and over again every time we have a shot at long term success. Unless we break the cycle it continues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

The more people say it, the more I can't help but think maybe his shins could be a factor that affects NSWE's decision. I mean it was pretty obvious the issue was being played down a few months ago.

That if true is the only reason I'd be accepting of if he goes, is that the Owners and Club and even Jack have been honest about the situation regarding his shins and decided he needs to win something because his game may be up earlier than expected the way he's going.

If this is a calculated plan to get something for Jack and let him have some trophys because his playing days are shorter than the usual players then so be it.

I just don't think it's the case though.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Yep. Hopefully. The whole ordeal was bizarre and I always felt in the games he played for England after that injury, he just ambled around and played within himself. 

If it's an injury that will be with him his entire career, we could do a lot worse than to sell for £100m+. Man City have the squad to manage that injury, we don't. 

The Czech game was the most noticeable. Several times England were counter attacking and Jack had acres in front of him and would normally have been bursting to get into the box and keep up with play but he was just jogging. 100% his injury was downplayed. I think it will be something he'll always carry with him.

Just now, nick76 said:

We aren’t going to accept 100m, while it’s a British transfer record losing Jack is worth far more on and off the pitch.  I think City are testing the waters and we know our Owners and Management are savvy and want to keep him.  I think we’ll offer Jack a massive contract and he’s happy here.  He’s not going to force a move, this would one of the most difficult decisions ever for him but we aren’t going to get to that stage which he’ll probably be relieved about.  It makes no sense for Villa to sell him, it would set us back too much from many angles and as I said Jack won’t force it so I expect next week we’ll see a smiling Jack signing an extended contract.

I want to believe... yet it feels like it's happening. sad times to be a Villa fan

I think it might be down to patience:

1. Join citeh and play a bit part in winning silverware every season, starting now.

Or

2. Build with Villa and be the talisman in us possibly winning something, but it might not be until 3 or 4 years time. 

Just my opinion of course...

Edited by mottaloo

Just once I’d like us not to be a feeder club. Just once id like to see us keep our prized asset.

If he goes it’s a huge blow, don’t care what anyone says, you can reinvest but you can’t replace Jack. 

How are clubs lower down supposed to advance at all if the sky 6 just rub their hands together and take everyone who’s good between them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Reading this thread and some of the rubbish on Twitter is enough to make any player want to leave our magnificent club. It’s also enough to convince any potential new players to go somewhere else.

People need to grow up and get a grip. Jack will probably stay. If he doesn’t he will leave for a huge amount of cash and have been a massive part of helping us back to where we belong. Some people need to stop acting like jilted teenagers and enjoy these issues. Can you not remember three years ago when we nearly ceased to exist?

The fatalism is embarrassing 

• Like 1

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Just once I’d like us not to be a feeder club. Just once id like to see us keep our prized asset.

If he goes it’s a huge blow, don’t care what anyone says, you can reinvest but you can’t replace Jack. 

How are clubs lower down supposed to advance at all if the sky 6 just rub their hands together and take everyone who’s good between them.

Welcome to football.

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

I think it might be down to patience:

1. Join citeh and play a bit part in winning silverware every season, starting now.

Or

2. Build with Villa and be the talisman in us possibly winning something, but it might not be until 3 or 4 years time. 

Just my opinion of course...

He wouldn't be a bit part

6 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I'll probably cry if he goes 😭 

We, Aston Villa will go on. I understand that but  how can people be so relaxed about this. He is the most exciting player us fans have ever seen. Not only is he talented, he is one of us. Our academy. He is becoming a global super star, commercially he is not just a world class footballer. 

He is a Villa Fan but he is also a professional footballer. He owes us nothing.

God I'm going to be so sad this weekend.

good players always want to play with good players, great player always want to play with great players.

Thats why before these owners, we have failed, when we have sold top talent....lets not forget all the years we had Gareth Barry, but we failed for whatever reason to bring in sufficient quality to keep him happy....he was tedious with the promises of better.

We now have owners who can break that mould, but it takes times there will be progress, then a step back maybe and progress again....In the meantime our best player has possibily out grown us and another club can take advantage, its what happens.

I would hazard a guess, most of his new international mates have told him to move on....thats what happens on England Duty, it happened with Platty.

Thats why the recruitment programme is paramount to us reaching our holy grail.....only when the team is brimmimg with talent, is there more chance of staving them off.....but look at Leicester, they just go out and replace them, thats what a good scouting/Recruitment team does.....we are on it, and it is encouraging the way we are going.

I Trust these owners to make the right call.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

It's literally just someone in this thread saying "someone sent me a WhatsApp message". @StanBalaban is a great poster, not a knock on him at all, but people are losing the plot actually discussing the logistics of this.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I think Jesus is coming here at all. I find it unlikely and quite bizarre. 

The guy who sent me the WhatsApp is definitely connected to City through his dad, and that's what he sent me - hence passing it on. I'm still in the hoping NSWE reject the bid.

@villan-scottwould know him better than me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

We’ll see. 

For all we know, behind the scenes, Bailey might have been sounded out, and become a top target suddenly, DUE to the possibility of Jack leaving, and being told he can be a top man here.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â