The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

Calm down.

He’s not walking away for free.

We will be aptly rewarded for his ability and loyalty.  What would have been a kick in the teeth would be if he had gone to a shit club like spurs.

If he goes, he’s going for trophies.  What would be a crying shame is if a talent like that won nothing in his career.  

I would love for a Villa fan to win the ballon d’or.  If he goes I hope he absolutely lights the world up.  

I wish he’d stay, but if anyone has earnt this move, it’s him.

I for one will not have anyone saying anything bad about him.

I can't agree with this at all. Maybe if we were still in the Championship being run by chancers, but if he wins trophies at Man City he'll be doing so at the expense of Aston Villa. If he goes I hope he doesn't win a single club trophy in his career. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What chance did Jack actually have to leave when we were at our lowest other than the derisory bid from Spurs that he looked set to take until NWSE quashed it?

Last season, United. He said it himself (didn't name the club), but he was deliberating on it.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

If he goes I will 100% wish him well, as he really is a top player and it’s been a pleasure watching him.

However, he is under contract. Which means that regardless of how much he want’s to go, the final decision to accept a bid rests with the board. 

True but once a player head has been turned , it can ruin his performances  and impact the spirit in the squad . If he wants to go let him go under our terms. 

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

What's happening here!!?? Why is everyone convinced he's gone?

Because a bid has been put in. It's not like we've had like 5 bids of our own rejected this summer. Apparently NSWE are going to fold on a 90m + the City version of Aaron Ramsey offer.

Edited by Keyblade

Do people really think that Jesus is going to relish coming to a non champions league team?   And as someone else said his wages are going to be ludicrous.

They haven't got any other strikers.  It makes zero sense.

• Like 1

Reading this thread and some of the rubbish on Twitter is enough to make any player want to leave our magnificent club. It’s also enough to convince any potential new players to go somewhere else.

People need to grow up and get a grip. Jack will probably stay. If he doesn’t he will leave for a huge amount of cash and have been a massive part of helping us back to where we belong. Some people need to stop acting like jilted teenagers and enjoy these issues. Can you not remember three years ago when we nearly ceased to exist?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I can't agree with this at all. Maybe if we were still in the Championship being run by chancers, but if he wins trophies at Man City he'll be doing so at the expense of Aston Villa. If he goes I hope he doesn't win a single club trophy in his career. 

I think that’s emotions talking.

You’ll reflect back on this in a few months time when Buendia shows himself to be the better player and think, actually Jack, I wish you well.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's going to be a dark day when a moderator has to move this thread to 'other football'. I wouldn't wish that task on my worst enemy.
Good luck whoever you are. I'm sad just thinking about it. 

That won’t be for another 10 years though…

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

We aren’t going to accept 100m, while it’s a British transfer record losing Jack is worth far more on and off the pitch.  I think City are testing the waters and we know our Owners and Management are savvy and want to keep him.  I think we’ll offer Jack a massive contract and he’s happy here.  He’s not going to force a move, this would one of the most difficult decisions ever for him but we aren’t going to get to that stage which he’ll probably be relieved about.  It makes no sense for Villa to sell him, it would set us back too much from many angles and as I said Jack won’t force it so I expect next week we’ll see a smiling Jack signing an extended contract.

Hero.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

The more people say it, the more I can't help but think maybe his shins could be a factor that affects NSWE's decision. I mean it was pretty obvious the issue was being played down a few months ago.

Yep. Hopefully. The whole ordeal was bizarre and I always felt in the games he played for England after that injury, he just ambled around and played within himself. 

If it's an injury that will be with him his entire career, we could do a lot worse than to sell for £100m+. Man City have the squad to manage that injury, we don't. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Do people really think that Jesus is going to relish coming to a non champions league team?   And as someone else said his wages are going to be ludicrous.

They haven't got any other strikers.  It makes zero sense.

It's literally just someone in this thread saying "someone sent me a WhatsApp message". @StanBalaban is a great poster, not a knock on him at all, but people are losing the plot actually discussing the logistics of this.

Just on SSN that the offer was made a few days ago and as it stands we don't want to sell. It's all up to Grealish, champions league with City or stay and be a Villa legend and probably never play in the champions league. 

• Like 1

Â