The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

20 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Just had a WhatsApp from Franny Lee's son saying £68m + Gabriel Jesus going to Villa is a done deal. 

🙄

Transfermarket have Jesus valued at £54m, so that would mean a £122m deal in total.

41 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I cannae read the article.

(Due to lack of subscription, rather than inability to read)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/07/30/exclusive-manchester-city-make-jack-grealish-transfer-bid-100million/

Manchester City have made a £100million offer for Jack Grealish...which they hope will persuade Aston Villa to agree a deal...The 25-year-old is set to return for training with Villa on Monday next week

Villa have offered Grealish a new contract which will vastly improve his current terms of around £125,000 a week and have based their summer transfer activity on keeping their talismanic captain.

Manchester City, Aston Villa and the player’s agent were contacted but declined to comment....Villa's owners, Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, are targeting a place in European football in years to come and Grealish is the player who they hoped would spearhead their quest...If Grealish does move, which now looks inevitable, there is no doubt that Villa will be very active in trying to ensure Dean Smith can continue progressing....Villa have already spent around £250 million in the last three years and the target of European football will not change, even without the player the fans call Super Jack.

• Thanks 1

If he goes, it all comes down to the players we bring in.

We could sell Grealish, spend big on 3-4 top kek players, and be in a really good position for the start of the season.

Or, we could sell Grealish, and struggle to spend the money on the right players, because when someone looks at us....we literally just sold our best player, and arent as enticing.

This feels like last time when we started to sell our crown jewells, i hope it isnt like that, and if we do sell, we go out and buy some top players.

I think if we can spend wisely (if Jack goes), we might even be a better team for it).

Big if's tho.

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Has any team ever, smashed their own transfer record then basically not bothered playing the player?

People are underestimating the need for then to fulfill the Homegrown quota.

That's not me downplaying Jack, or Kane, whoever let's be real. If the homegrown quota wasn't a thing, at 100 - 150 mill, those whoudpnt be the players City were trying to get.

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Watkins, Bailey, Buendia, Jesus as a front four would be amazing. Unthinkable 24 months ago. 

Bailey ain't signing if Grealish goes. Absolutely no chance.

A lot of toys gunna be thrown from prams shortly by grown men … The hyperbole if he leaves, the abuse he will get, the short memories of some that he stayed when we were at our lowest. Gunna be a wretched place if he goes. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Watkins, Bailey, Buendia, Jesus as a front four would be amazing. Unthinkable 24 months ago. 

I had the privilege of seeing Chris Samba upfront for us, how easily you forget 🤣

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Someone who has access to his account is deleting the old tweets to do with City and Utd. This is a fact.

Probably other tweets too, public relations and all, and the damage of biased historical tweets etc, nothing to see, move on.

This will only happen if they meet our valuation. If they don’t, then he isn’t going anywhere. If they do, then our leadership obviously think it’s too good to turn down. I trust them. Whatever happens will be for the greater good of AVFC.

I’ll be gutted to see him go, but if he does leave, then we need to do what Spurs did when they sold Bale - sign 3/4 top quality players to improve the squad. It has happened to other teams and they have gone from strength to strength - Leicester being the obvious example. Jack Grealish is not Aston Villa, if he leaves, we move on. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Your heart is in the right place, but bollocks to this. He's never had the choice to leave because a club has never made an accepotable offer. Are we praisin hium fror not downing tools and refusing to play?

He signed a 5 year contract, if he's now saying he wants to leave, he's pissed over any concept of loyalty, and waved goodbye to having any kind of legacy at Villa.

He said all the right things, but as soon as he's had a real chance to leave, he's off. 

Can't really disagree with that. 

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Someone who has access to his account is deleting the old tweets to do with City and Utd. This is a fact.

Has no one ever cleaned up there accounts on anything?

Celebrities also emply people to do stuff like this as well and make there accounts look more appealing.

Jack's account could of been hacked.

There could be truth that he's also deleting because he wants to join city but why would you? Unless City have said can you do that which I doubt they would, it wouldn't bother them.

I just can't imagine some deleted or missing tweets have any value toward this transfer to City.

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not sure if this is a joke. Frannys Lee's son???

Yeah, I can't say I know him well at all but he works for a company that my firm works with. He's just sent me that message this evening.

Â