The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Grealish is deleting old tweets, his brother has deleted his twitter, he didn't feature in he photoshoot for the new away kit, Percy saying it 'looks inevitable', at this stage it's looking like a done deal, I think the only way he doesn't leave now is if he has a last minute change of mind which won't happen as he will likely have had months to think over the move in the first place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Just had a WhatsApp from Franny Lee's son saying £68m + Gabriel Jesus going to Villa is a done deal. 

🙄

I've genuinely lost all sense of space and time at the moment so no idea if this is a joke or not?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Rating Jesus at £60m that's a £128m deal. Not sure Jesus will want to play wide though or how we'd be paying his wages?!

I think signing Jesus would probably fill the void left by Jack. Of course, there's the bonus that he could convert the rest of the transfer fee into loaves of bread and fishes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It’s an incredibly difficult , complex situation.

the snake comments are ridiculous. Jack has shown tremendous loyalty to us and surely we can all accept (however begrudgingly) that a player of his talents deserves to test himself at the highest level. He doesn’t have many years left until he is at his peak so it’s not like he is 21 and can just give us a few years.

on the other side of it, we are and have been for many years been over reliant on Jack. That isn’t healthy for the club, particularly when he does miss on average a third of every season. He has questionable injury history and an injury to an area which often turns out to be chronic (I genuinely believe there is an issue with the shins with recurrent stress fractures) the club have done everything to down play it each time it’s occurred but on each occasion it’s been 3/4 months out.

£100 million for a 26 year old with that kind of injury history (with a currently managed problem) doesn’t seem like such a bad deal. We have to avoid getting dragged in by the romantics of one of our own. As hard as that is to say. Jack literally gave me my love back of club after a torturous ten years. 

we currently have an exceptional set up and recruitment team, better than we have ever had. If we get £100 million we can trust it will be reinvested well and in other areas of the team to improve the overall quality of the squad and becoming less reliant on one player.

as much as it breaks my heart to say it, now is probably the best time to do it, his shin issue is still being managed and if he has another period out his value will go down and we will have another huge drop off in form. 

I think in a strange way it may be in our best interests (and probably Jack’s) that if a few can be agreed we both part ways. We end up with a stronger more competitive and consistent side full of young hungry and valuable assets, he goes on to show just how brilliant he is.

I just hope we invest the money well in young hungry players and not waste half of it on JWP!!

• Like 3

Just now, useless said:

Grealish is deleting old tweets, his brother has deleted his twitter, he didn't feature in he photoshoot for the new away kit, Percy saying it 'looks inevitable', at this stage it's looking like a done deal, I think the only way he doesn't leave now is if he has a last minute change of mind which won't happen as he will likely have had months to think over the move in the first place.

All this before a bids been placed, blimey. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Difference between producing" legendary moments " and being a Club Legend.

It's not even a debate for me, although opinions obviously vary.

Totti is a Roma Legend.

Is Kylian Mabappe a PSG legend?

Is Haaland a Dortmund Legend?

Being a great player, or a clubs best player doesn't instantly equate to " legend ".

It's subjective term tbf, we both could be right or wrong and we could argue and bicker over the semantics of the term. I would rather not

But you must agree, the uproar on this possible transfer alone shows how important Jack is to this club. He's more than just our best player.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

He didn’t feature in last season’s away kit launch - he did for the home shirt this coming season which is a curious omission from you. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Just now, Spoony said:

This is my take. Has anyone actually heard the words “my club, my city” come out of Grealish’s mouth?

Whether we like it or not his brand is bigger than Aston Villa now. If he moves he will revel in so much media attention, actually start for England, win trophies, etc.

It’s so blind to assume he would actually want to stay and be a Villa legend rather than just being another golden child of football for the international football community to fawn over and. If he does want to be a Villa legend then that’s amazing but that’s an absolutely massive if. 

The fact that loads of cash can make players and players' family forget about allegiances is neither here nor there. Nothing would compare to the feeling Jack would get if he won trophies with us, nothing. It's a gamble for him, totally get why he would go. He could have a shot at something very special with us though and I don't believe deep down players with an ounce of a footballing soul don't know this.

Just now, useless said:

According to Percy pretty much the most reliable source for Villa news, Man City have bid £100m, and he uses the word 'bid' not just 'offer'.

Where does he use "bid"?  I can only see:

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

According to Percy pretty much the most reliable source for Villa news, Man City have bid £100m, and he uses the word 'bid' not just 'offer'.

What’s the difference between a bid and an offer?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

What do you mean by this?

Just now, useless said:

And he omitted the words 'preparing', 'considering' or 'massaging money like a Bond villain'. A refreshing absence of pointless transfer verbiage.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Which tweets has Jack deleted?

Â