The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I hope nobody seriously thinks NSWE are going to accept a bid of 90m + some random kid.

Agree 100%. That in essence would be moronic on their part and they are far, far from that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Guy is just desperate for CL football.

That's how I see it.

Yeah I get that impression too.  Feels like he knows he's good enough (he clearly is), and the exposure to real elite football / players over the summer may have whetted the appetite even more 🙁

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

But it wouldn't be the same squad as the one that played last season when Jack was injured.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

So you don't think that Buendia, Young, the other £60m odd we would spend even  if Jack stayed plus £100m + would improve us over last years team less Grealish? 

Well, I have no idea do I, nobody does. I hope and think that Buendia will prove to be a good signing, but he isn't a one-man guarantee of survival, as Norwich found. I'm not sure how much Young is going to play. Other players arriving is possible, and of course they might make a huge difference, but equally they might not, it's just guessing at this point.

What I am saying is that our squad minus Grealish but plus Young and Buendia - leaving aside hypothetical other signings - seems likely to me to be significantly closer to the relegation zone.

• Like 1

Just now, Jbvilla909 said:

Think the best course of action for us all is to enjoy the weekend and ignore all the speculation and see what happens Monday onwards

That is the best action because some of these comments are annoying as hell.

Jack's our captain and the belief from some of our fans that he will not remain loyal, that he will just give it all up for a seat on the bench at City or as a rotational player just to go win some uncertain trophys or medals I find unreal to be fair.

If we have fans thinking like this then maybe we don't even deserve to have him here anyway because why should Jack stay at a club and play all loyal when you don't give him any loyalty or love back when he needs to hear our support.

lol @ Jamie O'Hara slating Grealish, let me guess this was on Talksport? Just like yesterday how Charlie Austin (yes) was saying Wan-Bissaka is not good enough for United and they need a new RB urgently. They say things to get fans wound up to call in. Can't believe people actually listen to that drivel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Just had a WhatsApp from Franny Lee's son saying £68m + Gabriel Jesus going to Villa is a done deal. 

🙄

Rating Jesus at £60m that's a £128m deal. Not sure Jesus will want to play wide though or how we'd be paying his wages?!

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Just had a WhatsApp from Franny Lee's son saying £68m + Gabriel Jesus going to Villa is a done deal. 

🙄

i'd want a bit more cash...but jesus is a quality player

4 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

What are the qualifications to get hired at some of these media outlets/sources? Can't be too stringent with the crap they come out with.

BA -- Bachelor of Arse

MA -- Master of Arse

How else would they come up with so much sh*t? 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Jack isn’t getting into the lineup if he joins City, that much is clear and the Euros should be a cautionary tale for him. 

You can't possibly think they're spending the thick end of a hundred million quid on a player they're just not going to bother to play.

I think in Kubler-Ross terms we are still in the 'denial' stage here :D

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

You can't possibly think they're spending the thick end of a hundred million quid on a player they're just not going to bother to play.

I think in Kubler-Ross terms we are still in the 'denial' stage here :D

It’s City, they will see it as crippling us and English media marketing Potential, they couldn’t give a crap how much he plays.

6 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

🙄

I don't know how to respond to this.

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Interesting post: I remember the Quickly Kevin interview with Jamie Carragher, who grew up an Everton fan, talking about his time at L'pool. Eventually, the money became so significant that his dad stopped caring, even while his old pals mocked him for sitting in a box at Anfield. 

Perhaps our own marketing spin about Jack being 'one of our own' etc masks how shallow it is?

This is my take. Has anyone actually heard the words “my club, my city” come out of Grealish’s mouth?

Whether we like it or not his brand is bigger than Aston Villa now. If he moves he will revel in so much media attention, actually start for England, win trophies, etc.

It’s so blind to assume he would actually want to stay and be a Villa legend rather than just being another golden child of football for the international football community to fawn over and. If he does want to be a Villa legend then that’s amazing but that’s an absolutely massive if. 

Â