The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, picicata said:

I'm getting married on Monday, not sure how my new wife will take to me checking for updates every five minutes 🤣

Firstly, congratulations my man!

Secondly. Your wedding night is either going to be this if Jack stays: 

Wedding Crashers Under The Table GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Or this if he goes:

wedding crashers comedy GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Difference between producing" legendary moments " and being a Club Legend.

It's not even a debate for me, although opinions obviously vary.

Totti is a Roma Legend.

Is Kylian Mabappe a PSG legend?

Is Haaland a Dortmund Legend?

Being a great player, or a clubs best player doesn't instantly equate to " legend ".

Do players actually care though? These days their own brand is more important than their connection to a club. Haaland and Mbappe are legends in their own right and fans from all over obsess over them.

I hate it, but that’s the reality. Clubs are second fiddle these days. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He’ll be one of their best players. 

People are really kidding themselves. Desperate to find and excuse to hate Jack is he goes. 

He’s given this club longer than most players of his ability give clubs of our size. 

He’s too good for us. That’s the truth. I desperately hope he stays, and part of me still thinks he will. But anyone twisting this into Jack being a snake for leaving is kidding themselves. 

So you're okay with the words "My City, My Club, My Home" and him being sold on the ambitions of the owners for the future?

I'm not saying the word snake but he said those things 10 months ago. Don't they just seem false to you now?

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Guy is just desperate for CL football.

That's how I see it.

You don't know he's desperate for it, in fact no one but himself and those closest to him know what he is feeling.

Just now, Spoony said:

Do players actually care though? These days their own brand is more important than their connection to a club. Haaland and Mbappe are legends in their own right and fans from all over obsess over them.

I hate it, but that’s the reality. Clubs are second fiddle these days. 

Interesting post: I remember the Quickly Kevin interview with Jamie Carragher, who grew up an Everton fan, talking about his time at L'pool. Eventually, the money became so significant that his dad stopped caring, even while his old pals mocked him for sitting in a box at Anfield. 

Perhaps our own marketing spin about Jack being 'one of our own' etc masks how shallow it is?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

One thing I don't get is why are we selling him so cheaply given the market cost of say, Kane?

Because that was part of his new deal last sept but if people say anything they get shot down with cries of bullshit etc so people don’t bother saying things - only doubt is whether it was a verbal agreement of an actual clause .

the problem with people saying things is they get dogs abuse so dont bother , wouldn’t be at all surprised if a deal confirmed in the next 24 hours , possibly even tonight 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Guy is just desperate for CL football.

That's how I see it.

Yep, but there's an irony in him angling to join a club who tried the quite the competition completely.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Jamie O'Hara slating Grealish on talkSPORT because of his stats, but still thinks he's worth £100m.

Clueless.

That potato-headed dingbat isn’t fit to tie his laces 

Â