The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

It really means nothing. He’s been periodically deleting different tweets for some time. City fans grasping at what they can. 

Also, still plenty of United related tweets still up.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Still not been one iota of a quote or shred of evidence on our owners' position on this. Are we seriously just going to quietly accept the £100m and that is that? 

Yep, this is NSWE's time to show their balls. If they do accept whatever bid then there will be a calculated reason, I'm sure. I trust them 100%.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Still not been one iota of a quote or shred of evidence on our owners' position on this. Are we seriously just going to quietly accept the £100m and that is that? 

All will become known Monday morning at latest. 

If he's at Bodymoor for training on Monday the deal is off. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I wonder which of the moves his newfound Girlfriend would be in favor of...

except she's not his 'newfound' girlfriend

6 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I'll probably cry if he goes 😭 

We, Aston Villa will go on. I understand that but  how can people be so relaxed about this. He is the most exciting player us fans have ever seen. Not only is he talented, he is one of us. Our academy. He is becoming a global super star, commercially he is not just a world class footballer. 

He is a Villa Fan but he is also a professional footballer. He owes us nothing.

God I'm going to be so sad this weekend.

This is it pretty much, it's what he represents. If Buendia wants to leave after 3 wonderful season, as long as we get a good fee fine.

He's been here all his life and it's the connection with the fans and club you can't put a price on.

1 hour ago, dounavilla said:

I'd just like to take this opportunity while all this madness is happening to say that ....

I fruggin hate Man city and Thier filthy rich owners and their plastic fans.

Thank you

Their roots go back to 1880, they first won the F.A. Cup in 1904 and first won the First Division in 1936-37 (Charlton were runners-up!). Yes, they've been transformed out of all proportion, but this idea that they're a plastic club with no roots is puerile playground taunt stuff.  New wealth doesn't wipe out what a club achieved in the past, and it's hard to blame a club that has arguably suffered in the shadow of successful neighbours more than any other, grabbing the opportunity to convert itself from mid-table also-rans into top contenders and securing some bragging rights. 

Edited by deck

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Yep, this is NSWE's time to show their balls. If they do accept whatever bid then there will be a calculated reason, I'm sure. I trust them 100%.

This is what we should be focused on. The contract last year was a big statement of intent with United hovering. Why is it different this time? 

It's just so predictable isn't it? If you're going to leave, Jack, do something interesting: go to Madrid or PSG ffs. If the goal is to play in the CL then go with one of the real big boys, not playing in a library every other week for people who will switch to the next team that starts winning everything. 

Management needs to shut this down, one way or another, quickly. I don't want this hanging over us: because it will invariably affect our transfer business and on-field preparations, too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

All will become known Monday morning at latest. 

If he's at Bodymoor for training on Monday the deal is off. 

I'm getting married on Monday, not sure how my new wife will take to me checking for updates every five minutes 🤣

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Jack isn’t getting into the lineup if he joins City, that much is clear and the Euros should be a cautionary tale for him. 

Has any team ever, smashed their own transfer record then basically not bothered playing the player?

1 minute ago, picicata said:

I'm getting married on Monday, not sure how my new wife will take to me checking for updates every five minutes 🤣

Make her wear a black wedding dress in respect of our loss

• Haha 3

People are deluded if they think Grealish wouldn't be a regular in the Man City team, he's one of the best players in the league, and frankly the world, that's why they want him and are prepared to pay the money that they've bid, if he wasn't going to play a major part in their team they wouldn't be bidding £50m for him never mind £100m.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Jack isn’t getting into the lineup if he joins City, that much is clear and the Euros should be a cautionary tale for him. 

I doubt that - Jack as unique skillset that make him invaluable in the big games - Kevin D, Grealish and Foden will be be devastating for teams cope with.  However, i don't see him going this season.

All the people here saying he's off or think he's off, how about let's have some F'iin belief that Jack will stay with us as our Captain and he won't give in to Greed and turn all he has said upside down.

I must be honest if I were Jack I'd be off at just some of the comments becaus eyour either willing to turn against him soon as he leaves or won't believe in his words period.

I believe he will stay, hes one of us and he's a Villa Fanatic it's not just your normal player leaving a club.

• Like 2

Â