The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

If he goes, where does it stop. He is one of us, how do we stop other top talents departing that don't have the affliction to the club

Martinez, Watkins etc

has he got a limp?😀

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll probably cry if he goes 😭 

We, Aston Villa will go on. I understand that but  how can people be so relaxed about this. He is the most exciting player us fans have ever seen. Not only is he talented, he is one of us. Our academy. He is becoming a global super star, commercially he is not just a world class footballer. 

He is a Villa Fan but he is also a professional footballer. He owes us nothing.

God I'm going to be so sad this weekend.

I feel like this too.. 

• Like 1

Just now, thunderball said:

Crazy - if he stays we kick on massively; if he goes we are way down there again kicking around the bottom half again, seemingly destined to be denied our best talent and any chance of improvement every time. Another 5 years, do the owners have the patience.... 

And therein lies the problem. Let's say we sign Bailey and he has 2 good seasons. He will gone. And it begins again and we are stuck in a loop of being a feeder club at best.

• Like 1

The leaps in logic are incredible - nothing has been accepted nor evidence. We are still bidding for players to supplement not replace Grealish. Let’s leave the exhumations until stuff actually happens.  

• Like 2

If he goes, where does it stop. He is one of us, how do we stop other top talents departing that don't have the affliction to the club. 

Martinez, Watkins etc

You can’t. That’s the reality. See Dortmund. Just have to get good at rebuilding. 

We can’t just pretend we can make players stay and, even if we can, that they’d continue to perform for us. Contracts are utterly meaningless other than with respect to how much players are paid and how much you can get for selling them. You might as well not have an expiry in there. 

The one thing that would really dishearten me is this bitch ass oil club cherry picking our star talent as we're on the rise again, and setting us back. Every time we try to make some headway into breaking that glass ceiling those hoe ass plastics are there to send us crashing back down to earth. This time it'll hurt more because it's our homegrown talent, one that's actually world class and not just "very good".

• Like 1

If we were going to accept £100m then surely we would have accepted Man City's offer already and that would have been the headline this morning rather than just the bid, there wouldn't be any time between the bid and the acceptance because we wouldn't need time to think about if we already knew that we'd accept £100m.

26 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

If he leaves. He said what he said 10 months ago. 

It puts him in Delph like status for me.He didn't have to come out with all that "my club" hyperbole only 10 months later choose to leave.Hollow words if he does go. He's just another player at that point and his career is no interest to me. He made his choice and we move on. 

Oh… I’ll still be interested in his career and praying it goes off a cliff…

A couple of misplaced passes…

Rough housing…

Accusations of diving…

Maybe even a missed penalty that costs England in a final…

All of this I look forward to…

IF… he leaves us for City 🤣

If he stays?

🎶Super, Super Jack🎶

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Have Faith....its win/win for us.

but nothing short of 100m will suffice.

I can't see how this is win win at all. It's lose lose if you ask me. We lose our best player and the money we get can't replace him.

We don't need the cash, we need to build a quality team, this is a huge step backwards.

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Crazy - if he stays we kick on massively; if he goes we are way down there again kicking around the bottom half again, seemingly destined to be denied our best talent and any chance of improvement every time. Another 5 years, do the owners have the patience.... 

The one silver lining in all this is that our owners seem to be pretty savvy and ruthless sorts. I'm sure they're aware of how difficult the PL is to break. Edens' success with the Bucks has made me very excited for what he could accomplish with us (and we do have a great backroom team at the moment).

Edited by His Name Is Death

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

The leaps in logic are incredible - nothing has been accepted nor evidence. We are still bidding for players to supplement not replace Grealish. Let’s leave the exhumations until stuff actually happens.  

That's far too sensible.

2 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I think he's off and I don't really blame him, he'd win trophies, get himself in that England starting 11 and probably prolong his career as he will be rotated a lot more at city so his shins won't fall apart every other season. If we can get 2 or 3 quality players in with his money then we might end up been a better team for it. 

This. 

Except I do blame him. He would have chosen to become 'just another Man City player' rather than a Villa legend.

If he progresses, then he could become a PL and England legend, which may well make up for it for him. But if he moves - does he become the standout PL player for the next 5 years? Or does he become Fabian Delph. 

Also - kinda can't wait for the Man City home game. I wonder about Matty Cash's first tackle. Kinda wish Alan Hutton would come out of retirement for a 5 minute cameo and a final red card.
(This last bit is largely in jest. Largely).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If he goes, where does it stop. He is one of us, how do we stop other top talents departing that don't have the affliction to the club. 

Martinez, Watkins etc

Exactly, we've seen it before, our Billionaires were meant to stop this kind if thing.

I guess if Jack was one of many class player in the squad (like Beckham at Man Utd, Coutinho at Liverpool or Hazard at Chelsea) it woudlnt be as painful or detrimental.

Â