The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Obviously, I hope Jack stays.

If Jack does go, we move on. With good investment we can end up with a much better balance to our squad and not be so reliant on a single player. Yes, we have to get the right players in but for the first time in what seems like ages I feel we have the correct people in at all levels to make that happen. People foretelling a Villa apocalypse need to stay positive and know their club will continue to pull together in the right direction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Villa will accept this £100m bid - main thing now is who we sign from here , we need top quality 

Why do people say things like this? Is it wishful thinking? Like if you believe this it will somehow soften the blow? We have absolutely no idea what's going to happen. Just let it play out man.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I wonder which of the moves his newfound Girlfriend would be in favor of...

Newfound he’s been with sash mostly since they were both 14 at school , may have had the odd rocky patch along the way but 11 yrs is hardly newfound 

• Like 2

I think he's off and I don't really blame him, he'd win trophies, get himself in that England starting 11 and probably prolong his career as he will be rotated a lot more at city so his shins won't fall apart every other season. If we can get 2 or 3 quality players in with his money then we might end up been a better team for it. 

• Like 2

From Percy's Telegraph article:

Villa's owners, Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, are targeting a place in European football in years to come and Grealish is the player who they hoped would spearhead their quest.

This move from Guardiola now threatens those plans after finally making his much-anticipated move for Grealish, whose association with Villa began at the age of six.

Grealish will be 26 in September and is yet to play in European football at club level, which appears to be a major factor in what happens next. He holds his own personal ambitions and will know that a move to the Etihad will guarantee him the Champions League in September.

If Grealish does move, which now looks inevitable, there is no doubt that Villa will be very active in trying to ensure Dean Smith can continue progressing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

We haven't been doing any pre or post match pressers for pre season so I highly doubt you'll hear Dean say anything on the matter. People will just have to wait until he's back next week for clarity.

I think a lot of that is down to the fact that Dean was in isolation, he's not now, so no doubt he'll be asked.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Based on what?

You will see and probably very soon indeed , this is the end game   This certainly won’t drag out for days 

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, calcifer said:

90m and a youth player that they think is worth 10m? Jog in! Let's bid 100m and throw in Davis for Kane! Tell them he is a 50m player potentially.... 

It is an embarrassing bid (if true) 

But what is the point of trying to compete in the league? You get good players and the media turn their heads to join one of the scum 6. Rinse and repeat. We have been in this position many times and it always sets us back! In a way I wish the scum 6 would have gone to the super League(how the hell Spurs are classed as a top 6 side I will never know!) might have made the Premier league a bit more of a level playing field. 

Have Faith....its win/win for us.

but nothing short of 100m will suffice.

Edited by TRO

I'll probably cry if he goes 😭 

We, Aston Villa will go on. I understand that but  how can people be so relaxed about this. He is the most exciting player us fans have ever seen. Not only is he talented, he is one of us. Our academy. He is becoming a global super star, commercially he is not just a world class footballer. 

He is a Villa Fan but he is also a professional footballer. He owes us nothing.

God I'm going to be so sad this weekend.

• Like 4

So with the 100 million we get for the sale of Jack Grealish, we can bring in a quality player, like Jack Grealish?

Lets just save ourselves the bother and not sell.

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Villa will accept this £100m bid - main thing now is who we sign from here , we need top quality 

The board need their heads examined if they do, it is 90m and some youth player that they say is worth 10m.... Pass! 

If other teams can play hardball when we bid for players, so can we! 

Just now, thunderball said:

From Percy's Telegraph article:

Villa's owners, Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, are targeting a place in European football in years to come and Grealish is the player who they hoped would spearhead their quest.

This move from Guardiola now threatens those plans after finally making his much-anticipated move for Grealish, whose association with Villa began at the age of six.

Grealish will be 26 in September and is yet to play in European football at club level, which appears to be a major factor in what happens next. He holds his own personal ambitions and will know that a move to the Etihad will guarantee him the Champions League in September.

If Grealish does move, which now looks inevitable, there is no doubt that Villa will be very active in trying to ensure Dean Smith can continue progressing.

Would be hilarious if he does go and then they end up getting banned from Europe for 5 years or something, which is entirely possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

From Percy's Telegraph: If Grealish does move, which now looks inevitable, there is no doubt that Villa will be very active in trying to ensure Dean Smith can continue progressing.

Empty speculation helps no one. Percy should know better 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

I of course love him and will miss him and will always have a soft spot for him when he plays for England, but I also really hope we invest wisely and win trophies just to stick it to him and make him feel terrible. Not that I’m bitter or anything. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

One thing I don't get is why are we selling him so cheaply given the market cost of say, Kane?

26 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'll say one thing, IF he does end up staying it'll be a MASSIVE statement of intent from the club.

Crazy - if he stays we kick on massively; if he goes we are way down there again kicking around the bottom half again, seemingly destined to be denied our best talent and any chance of improvement every time. Another 5 years, do the owners have the patience.... 

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

I'll probably cry if he goes 😭 

We, Aston Villa will go on. I understand that but  how can people be so relaxed about this. He is the most exciting player us fans have ever seen. Not only is he talented, he is one of us. Our academy. He is becoming a global super star, commercially he is not just a world class footballer. 

He is a Villa Fan but he is also a professional footballer. He owes us nothing.

God I'm going to be so sad this weekend.

I wouldn't. It'd be pretty scummy of him to leave after he said he believes in our project and signed a new contract to reflect that.

• Like 1

Â