The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

24 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

"My club, my city, my home". Now is the test of that I guess. Easy to say when there isn't another option like this on the table.

Its like telling a close friend a sensitive secret......and then falling out.

Oh Jack!!!

1 minute ago, AJ said:

If Jack goes, we are going to see a new set of rot settle in, and regardless of how much we sell him for, we will go backwards, just like we did under Lerner. We need to heed the lessons of our past, not repeat them.

After Jack, then who is next? Ollie, John, Targett, Emi 1 or 2? Any player that shows to be promising to lead Villa forward will come under the same crap speculation just as Jack has done, and regardless of how much moolah we get for them, getting replacements is never that simple. Spurs found that out the hard way after selling Bale. Alot of people got excited when we signed Micah Richards, and alot of people had hopes for Rudy Gestede after we sold Benteke. 

$hitty are our rivals, along with the other 18 clubs in the Premier League. We are competing with them to finish as high up the table as we can. Those that disagree, and feel that $hitty is such a great and powerful club, and that Jack deserves to go there, well they are obviously happy to see Villa just make up the numbers. Well, f*** you. I want to see Villa at least try to reach for the sky, and not just roll over to feed some other club our best assets. One thing we need to understand, the money we get for selling players, nobody at Villa gets it. It goes to other clubs getting the replacements. If there is change left over, don't expect a cheque in the mail. If we don't get results on the pitch, the money Villa makes means stuff all to you and me.

When I said Jack was staying, my conviction was based on faith. I had faith in Jack. I had faith in Nasser and Wes. I hope that Nasser and Wes are ambitious, and they are serious that they want to challenge for the top of the Premier League. My faith that Jack stays may endure the odd earthquake test, but my hope springs eternal. 

Disagree. With Lerner he pulled the plug on investment. The same isn’t happening here. We have a quality squad still. If we sell Jack then we just need to reinvest the money well, and the signings we have made over the last two seasons gives me total confidence that we will do that. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, useless said:

Only way he'd get a statue is if he won a bunch trophies with us and he played a significant part in that success, he wouldn't get a statue just because he happens to be a very good player that stuck with us.

I think the implication is that if he stays we will win trophies.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

People seem more worried about this than when the very future of the club was in doubt after 2018 play off final.

That was the reason I joined the forum in the first place. That's how worried I was at the time.

49 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

We will never ever compete if this happens. Back to being midtable cannon fodder at best. As it was with Platt, Yorke, Milner etc.

History keeps repeating itself.

Leicester did it. Spurs have given it a good go. Everton got top 4.

Liverpool won nothing for twenty years. Even Man City were nobodies a decade ago.

A lot changes over 10-20 years. We’ll be fine.

• Like 1

If he leaves it is down to Grealish and nobody else .the club clearly do not want to sell him. So all I am saying is I am not calling him a snake or a Judas, it's just highly dissapointing what he said 10 months ago, to now turn and do this. If he had an inkling he may leave he was better just saying "happy to have signed a new contract and look forward to next season generic shit. Nobody held a gun to his head and made him say what he did.

You can't be called a legend after that..people really have low standards as to what a legend is these days if they still do should he leave.

Edited by Pissflaps
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I was told this morning he'd be going if City offered £100m.

I'm not one for ITK tittle-tattle so you can take it or leave.

Personally, I think he's gone.

They’ve only bid £90m + a packet of crisps apparently.

1 minute ago, Enda said:

Leicester did it. Spurs have given it a good go. Everton got top 4.

Liverpool won nothing for twenty years. Even Man City were nobodies a decade ago.

A lot changes over 10-20 years. We’ll be fine.

And have we ever done it? Nope.

We can win trophies with or without Grealish, he's been with us for around ten years and we haven't won anything or even finished in the top half of the premier league. He's a very good player one of the best in the premier league, but we're not Jack Grealish FC, as much as i'd like him to stay, there's actually a part of me that's wondered if him leaving would be a blessing in disguise.

Just now, Pissflaps said:

And have we ever done it? Nope.

Just now, Pissflaps said:

Even Man City were nobodies a decade ago.

Man city are still nobodies..they have a short memory..just some arab decided to throw billions at them..thats the ONLY reason they are where they are.

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

If he leaves it is down to Grealish and nobody else .the club clearly do not want to sell him. So all I am saying is I am not calling him a snake or a Judas, it's just highly dissapointing what he said 10 months ago, to now turn and do this. If he had an inkling he may leave he was better just saying "happy to have signed a new contract and look forward to next season generic shit. Nobody held a gun to his head and made him day what he did.

You can't be called a legend after that..people really have low standards as to what a legend is these days if they still do should he leave.

I thought Fabrizio (assuming he’s not full of it) said this decision doesn’t come down to Grealish, it’s simply whether or not the owners feel like selling him?

Â