The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Jack has done his part so far for the club…  He still has a role to play in the villa story. Would be too bad if that role is a 100m pound cash injection instead of as captain leading us on a European charge.

call me a romantic but I’m still holding out hope for a long piece and interview of him saying he wants to see out what he started here, my city my club my home #2026

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Difference is stark though. I know the money is very different but

- City make a bid for JG and it's announced via veritable Club mouthpiece John Percy with no other info.

- Villa make a bid for JWP and it's announced already rejected.

If we were serious about rejecting anything as claimed earlier in the summer, we could have done the same. I'm worried by the silence. Or atleast the lack of context around our position on it. Southamptons position is crystal clear despite their silence. Both club captains, both been with their clubs since <10yo. 

We need to be on the front foot.

I think its the fact that if City offer 100m, it's up to Jack what he wants to do and we won't stand in his way. However, if he wants to stay, here's a 200k PW contract for at least giving us another year.

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I was told this morning he'd be going if City offered £100m.

I'm not one for ITK tittle-tattle so you can take it or leave.

Personally, I think he's gone.

Well they haven't bid it yet, because they've tried to offer us some random bloke to make up £10m of it.  No chance.

If there is no clause, and we accept 100m then our owners need their heads checked. Puts us back 2 years, and indicates we cannot hold on to our talent.

Sends a message to those signing for us that we're a stepping stone.

Means Martinez will be out the door next summer.

And means football is totally utterly skewed towards keeping the top clubs at the top. I'm properly done if he goes.

If he stays, football has a soul and we're back in the big time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Until Jack actually goes to City (which might not happen), it would be great if our fanbase didn't start calling him a greedy word removed (etc). It's a bit needy.

But I also agree, legend status doesn't come from finishing 11th in the PL and having amazing YouTube highlight reels - as much as he's probably the best player most of us have watched in a Villa shirt.

He has serious legend potential, but it's in the future. It hasn't happened yet. Leaving for City will destroy it.

I'm tempted to say the squad won't implode in the way people imagine. Some of the players might actually prefer a team that is less focused on one player. It's not the apocalypse, but it would be a massive shame. I hope he stays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What has he done? Nothing as yet 

even if he’s goes. The dust will settle and we will remember back to the good things he did for the club. 

We are feeling shitty because yet again we are powerless to the “big clubs”…. Maybe. Let’s see where he chooses 

If he leaves. He said what he said 10 months ago. 

It puts him in Delph like status for me.He didn't have to come out with all that "my club" hyperbole only 10 months later choose to leave.Hollow words if he does go. He's just another player at that point and his career is no interest to me. He made his choice and we move on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I think the crux of my point is, lets wait and see if he actually leaves. 

If he was to sign a new contract with us now and commit further, the people who have jumped the gun and labelled him a snake/judas/traitor just look like proper clearings in the woods to be honest. 

He is none of those things, he is young man with a fantastic Talent.....and with a heart, IMO

but we have to get back to some sort of perspective.....He doesn't even have to sign a contract with us, he already has one and long one....so signing a new one, still doesn't secure anything, does it?

Things change in football, but we can't keep changing contracts after every bit of progress, do we change them back we they have a stinker.....there has to be a bit of give and take, thats where loyalty kicks in on both sides.

When chuky gets going we might have put his in pencil, so we can keep rubbing it out as he progresses.

It does get a bit farcial at times....I guess we did it with ESR.....did JWP get a new Contract?

I will have some mixed views if he does stay, with a new bumper deal, but hey ho, I don't know all the detail.

This isn’t on NSWE in any way nor does it reflect our ambitions. If he wants to leave, there’s nothing we can do. Just need to reinvest the money and then some on absolute quality. 

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Sad of he goes for 100m. I thought we'd be able to squeeze another 20m out of them. 

We simply can't replace him anywhere near his talent. I feel sad. 

We don’t have to replace Jack, he is irreplaceable.

we have to replace his net output.  This clip explains the process well.  You don’t replace the man, you replace the chances created, the assists, and the goals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phily85 said:

For what it's worth I think theres been an agreement (not a clause) last season that if anyone bids 100 million then we will let him leave.

His agent will have told city this which is why gone straight in with it.

It's all up to him now and how he feels he will already know what both  clubs are offering and will have known for some time.

Wouldnt blame him either way to be honest it's easy to say what we would do in this position but nobody can say for sure unless actually faced with it.

Either way we survive we are villa

Agree with this.

• Thanks 1

I'd love City to have a freakishly bad season if he goes there.  I hope he has to wait as long as possible for a trophy there.

I do want him to have starring roles in absolutely hammering Leeds, Wolves and West Ham though.

Edited by Wainy316

Just now, Pissflaps said:

If he leaves. He said what he said 10 months ago. 

It puts him in Delph like status for me.He didn't have to come out with all that "my club" hyperbole only 10 months later choose to leave.Hollow words if he does go. He's just another player at that point and his career is no interest to me. He made his choice and we move on. 

Funny that you use the word “hyperbole”

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Everyone has their opinion and I respect yours. 

I just think there's going to be a lot of red faced apologies from massively OTT reactions claiming 'he's a snake', a 'traitor' and 'scum' if he signs a new deal on Monday. 

We haven't even had a resolution to this and people have resolved that he's off and has **** us off for a laugh. 

Not from me, because it is obviously caveated that IF he pushes for a move now then he's a bellend. I don't even know in what way that is questionable. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paulie said:

We don’t have to replace Jack, he is irreplaceable.

we have to replace his net output.  This clip explains the process well.  You don’t replace the man, you replace the chances created, the assists, and the goals.

Getting those players in becomes ALOT harder without him. 

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Wait, so you're telling me that Steve Bruce could be regarded as a legend.

Ps... Jacks staying and Bailey in before next Thursday!

Jack better get to the back of the queue for his statute. I demand a Glenn Whelan one first!

• Haha 1

Will be interesting to see what Dean has to say on it tomorrow when asked. Also interesting to see what NSWE do, decide Jack stays or gamble with another 140m to spend on 3 players. I think Jack probably would go, if it was opened up for him to move, however I believe club will make a big pitch to stay.

• Like 1

People are massively overreacting. We have had to sell our best players since the dawn of time. This is nothing new. We just need to invest the money well and keep building on the excellent team we are establishing. 

• Like 2

Â