The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think the fact his brother deleted his twitter has gone under the radar a bit. 

That, to me, is massive. He's off. 

No it isn't. Anyone related to Grealish right now is going to be inundated with notifications regardless. Not surprising he can't be arsed to deal with them all right now.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I was told this morning he'd be going if City offered £100m.

I'm not one for ITK tittle-tattle so you can take it or leave.

Personally, I think he's gone.

Release clause or are NSWE choosing to accept?

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think the fact his brother deleted his twitter has gone under the radar a bit. 

I would say it's more to do with being hounded.

Even Domino's Pizza picked up on the hysteria of our fans. Imagine what Kevan's Twitter feed must have been like.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I was told this morning he'd be going if City offered £100m.

I'm not one for ITK tittle-tattle so you can take it or leave.

Personally, I think he's gone.

Just the type of tittle-tattle I'd expect from you, NV. 

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

There can't be a release clause, so you would think they would say no deal at any price but maybe next summer?

Annoyingly, Man City put the kybosh on our last charge at top 4 under Learner. Now they are doing it now by taking our best player away. If we sell Jack we are bottom half team next season, its going to take much longer and more money to crack the top 6 even if Buendia fills Jack's boots.

Them and Spurs.

Just now, Pissflaps said:

So I should still call him a legend 10 months after saying what he did?

Don't think so.

What has he done? Nothing as yet 

even if he’s goes. The dust will settle and we will remember back to the good things he did for the club. 

We are feeling shitty because yet again we are powerless to the “big clubs”…. Maybe. Let’s see where he chooses 

Just now, StanBalaban said:

I would say it's more to do with being hounded.

Even Domino's Pizza picked up on the hysteria of our fans. Imagine what Kevan's Twitter feed must have been like.

But he could just delete his Twitter app and avoid any notifications rather than his account.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Absolutely. I just think my explanation is more plausible. 
You can ignore your twitter. You can't ignore the fact he had a photo of the banner 'my club, my city, super jack' being held up in front of it. 

The Grealish family know full well there will be a backlash, especially given the comments Jack has made in the past and the fact it's well known they're big Villa fans. It would have looked daft having that profile active if he goes to Man City - that's why he has deleted it. 

But his Twitter page becomes unusable. He's not a celebrity, so he can't monetise it, so what benefit is there to him to have his account visible?

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

No it isn't. Anyone related to Grealish right now is going to be inundated with notifications regardless. Not surprising he can't be arsed to deal with them all right now.

Exactly. Why is this point so hard to grasp? Twitter is a toxic cesspit at the best of times. It will be so much worse today. 

Difference is stark though. I know the money is very different but

- City make a bid for JG and it's announced via veritable Club mouthpiece John Percy with no other info.

- Villa make a bid for JWP and it's announced already rejected.

If we were serious about rejecting anything as claimed earlier in the summer, we could have done the same. I'm worried by the silence. Or atleast the lack of context around our position on it. Southamptons position is crystal clear despite their silence. Both club captains, both been with their clubs since <10yo. 

We need to be on the front foot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

But he could just delete his Twitter app and avoid any notifications rather than his account.

People can still tag you if you have an active account, and Twitter can be used through a browser too.

By deleting his account, he can still go on Twitter but won't have DMs and notifications.

For what it's worth I think theres been an agreement (not a clause) last season that if anyone bids 100 million then we will let him leave.

His agent will have told city this which is why gone straight in with it.

It's all up to him now and how he feels he will already know what both  clubs are offering and will have known for some time.

Wouldnt blame him either way to be honest it's easy to say what we would do in this position but nobody can say for sure unless actually faced with it.

Either way we survive we are villa

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, blunther said:

Agreed. Is Hutton a legend then? Stayed with us even longer, played many more (top flight) games, helped get us up from the Championship, scored against the shit.....

The word is bandied around far too much.

I draw the line when Mark Kinsella plays for us in the legends 5 a-side.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People's " legend " status requirements are pretty low these days 😂

Yep. You used to have to be able to pull a sword from a stone, now you just have to return with unexpected pizza.

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. He's only done that today, I was on his account this morning. 

He's gone imo.

Â