The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't get all this talk about it being a choice between trophies with Man City or a statue outside the ground with us, the only way he'd get a statue outside the ground is if he won something like the league or European Cup with us, and even then I doubt it. People talk about Grealish as if he's the only good player we've ever had or ever will have.

Its called exaggeration....but you are right.

Right now, City are ahead of us, they need our best player, but we Need a team.

I feel sure our owners will make the right call.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People's " legend " status requirements are pretty low these days 😂

Very much this. Jack has made 213 appearances, 96 of them in the top flight (none of them in his prime) with us. We are fortunate to support a club where you have to do far more to achieve legendary status than Jack has done. He isn't even close yet and it would be an insult to those who have achieved that status to put him alongside them. I thought creating that kind of legacy mattered to him. We are about to find out if it does.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think the fact his brother deleted his twitter has gone under the radar a bit. 

That, to me, is massive. He's off. 

He could have just done it because of all the messages he's getting too, but yeah, it doesn't fill you with confidence.

Only way he'd get a statue is if he won a bunch trophies with us and he played a significant part in that success, he wouldn't get a statue just because he happens to be a very good player that stuck with us.

Edited by useless

31 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Yes we’ve seen it many times Tro , Jack was a bit special but no doubt with or without him this club goes on and we have a strong platform now to build from

As long as we buy the kind of player we've been teased with for the last 30 years (Shearer, Carlos, Lampard, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Cavani, Huntelaar, Bailey) and not the same limp-dick or solid-but-unexciting alternatives (Dublin, Wright, Hadji, Bent, Heskey, Downing, etc.).

Leaving at this point destroys his legend status with the club. He's just another good player who chose other things. 

I genuinely hope he doesn't achieve them because of the club he's going to. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think the fact his brother deleted his twitter has gone under the radar a bit. 

That, to me, is massive. He's off. 

Can’t it be something as simple as he’s tired of being blown up by people messaging him about this?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People's " legend " status requirements are pretty low these days 😂

Agreed. Is Hutton a legend then? Stayed with us even longer, played many more (top flight) games, helped get us up from the Championship, scored against the shit.....

The word is bandied around far too much.

Edited by blunther

There can't be a release clause, so you would think they would say no deal at any price but maybe next summer?

Annoyingly, Man City put the kybosh on our last charge at top 4 under Learner. Now they are doing it now by taking our best player away. If we sell Jack we are bottom half team next season, its going to take much longer and more money to crack the top 6 even if Buendia fills Jack's boots.

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

So I should still call him a legend 10 months after saying what he did?

Don't think so.

Completely agree. If he does leave now after saying those words it will leave a really sour taste. Not a legend, I'm afraid.

Legendary status is a really exclusive club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Or his brother is sick of being hounded for inside info? 

Absolutely. I just think my explanation is more plausible. 
You can ignore your twitter. You can't ignore the fact he had a photo of the banner 'my club, my city, super jack' being held up in front of it. 

The Grealish family know full well there will be a backlash, especially given the comments Jack has made in the past and the fact it's well known they're big Villa fans. It would have looked daft having that profile active if he goes to Man City - that's why he has deleted it. 

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Yep, 100 mill will surely not cut it. It might be fair, but why would we settle for fair (if we indeed sell him)?

If Villa sell him for 100 mill, I am disappoint. Heavily.

Anything less than £150m and it shouldn't even be a conversation

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

I was told this morning he'd be going if City offered £100m.

I'm not one for ITK tittle-tattle so you can take it or leave.

Personally, I think he's gone.

Wonder why we would be happy with £100m--granted it's a huge amount but feel we could get a bit more than that?

Â