The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Last summer he signed a new deal to 2025 and said 'my club, my city' as well as that he believes in the project etc. Since then we have made huge steps forward. No one forced him to sign that deal or say those words so to leave now is pretty snakey tbh, especially to City

It's why I still don't think he's leaving. I still believe there are some dregs of romance in the game. I'm sure his agent has been giving the eyes to Man City, like I'm sure ESR's agent was sweet-talking us. That's their job, as much as we all don't like it. Arsenal have had to pay ESR as it proved they rate him as a top player. Same situation here.

200k a week, captain your club, become not just a club legend, but the club legend. C'mon Jack, if you're truly one of us you know it makes sense.

2 minutes ago, villan501 said:

This concerns me I can remember that domino effect and was the start of the nose diving of our club.

Tbf we're a much better-run club now than we were then, and we have a much more progressive manager as well.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

What ever happens I wish him all the best. 

he’s been a great servant to the club and stayed during some dark and difficult times. 

Will always be a Villa Legend  

Nope.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We have that according to stats with Buendia.  of course, he might miss 2/3 of the season too.

Exactly.  I desperately want him to stay, but stopping him leaving and paying him 3 times more than our next top earner is as much of a risk as taking + £100mill now while he is as saleable as possible and reinvesting in players who want to be here.

Also, ironically by him signing a new contract we are shutting down the chance of bringing in further top talent due to ffp, meaning we are less likely to achieve everyone's ambitions.

• Like 1

I agree with those of you who think that Jack will stay.

I hope that Man City will be told politely but firmly by NSWE/Purslow that Grealish is under contract to Villa for another four years. I think they may also say that either they would .... A) totally reject another approach, or B) it would take a bid above 120 million to even get as far as sitting down at the negotiating table to discuss a package, including another 30 million structured add ons to that 120 million bid. 

In my opinion that's the current value of Jack to Aston Villa.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

This is the worry , how will out top players feel seeing Jack go , we saw it with Barry followed By Milner downing young a decade ago 🤦🏻‍♂️

It wasn't just them leaving in isolation, it was them leaving in conjunction with being replaced with comparitive dross.

We've already brought Buendia in, and have been linked to players better than those we have in the same positions.

Anyway, I'm still hopeful we reject any offers and Jack signs a new contract. 

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What ever happens I wish him all the best. 

he’s been a great servant to the club and stayed during some dark and difficult times. 

Will always be a Villa Legend  

Legend? Nah. Would wish him well tho and hope he plays like shit against us. 

6 minutes ago, Adman said:

As risky as giving him a salary 3 times the next man...

You think players like McGinn and Targett won’t understand how important Jack is to the club, and how good he is?

• Like 1

Â